New Paul McCartney album "Egypt Station" coming September 7, 2018*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by etcetera, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Personally I don t worry about Pauls socalled image-problems or the colour of his hair. You obviosly do that s the difference. Peace and love.:)

Paulwalrus likes this.
  2. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

:D:D Spewed my coffee all over.

theMess, blutiga and Digital-G like this.
  3. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

Regardless of all this, Paul is still my favorite musician and I'm looking forward to his next album.

4. Frank

Frank Senior Member

I hear it's been started with producer Greg Kurstin. Any word on that?

More than he's looking forward to releasing it, apparently.

(Had to do a twofer.)

jmxw and revolution_vanderbilt like this.
  5. bward

bward Senior Member

Mm yh
    That's a great picture of our boy.

theMess, supermd, Paulwalrus and 7 others like this.
  6. Ringo Hendrix

Ringo Hendrix Resident Pest

I was talking with my dad the other day, about all the retiring rock stars and I made a theory that one day, in about 15-20 years time, Paul will be the only touring rock star (not even Ringo!) because of money. Walking out on a walker, trying to whisper the classics, such as "Hey Jude". :D:D:D:D:D

7. Ringo Hendrix

Ringo Hendrix Resident Pest

Man this thread is a great read when I'm bored.

It's like that typical cartoon story where the characters get abandoned in a forest and get hungry with no food and start trying to eat each other! Only, "food", here, is McCartney releases. The wait is driving us nuts!!! :D

theMess and MsMaclen like this.
  8. blutiga

blutiga Forum Resident

:D

theMess likes this.
  9. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

I want to apologize if I came across as preachy. It wasn't my intent. I was only relating my point of view. And I never meant to suggest that anyone else should think that way either.

Having put that on the table... carry on

PhoffiFozz and Frank like this.
  10. PaperbackBroadstreet

PaperbackBroadstreet Forum Resident

Much like the Flowers In The Dirt archive thread here, just wait until the album gets released. ;)

My unscientific thoughts, that the album hits the us top ten briefly.

A deluxe edition gets released later.

Paul only adds 2 songs and doesn’t really change his set list.

I would love to see a double album since I don’t think Paul has ever put one out that’s not a compilation.

11. Fivebyfive

Fivebyfive Forum Resident

Image has always mattered in the music business. The difference is I want to discuss it and you don't. I'm obviously interested in the music and the context and the image and the public perceptions. That's always been part of what fascinates me about the Beatles and McCartney and other artists -- the larger story beyond the music. But if those things don't intrigue others, so be it. Moving on.

I'm not actually impatient for this new album. It gets here when it gets here. Clearly something about it isn't working. I'd rather he abandon the whole thing and start over than release something that's subpar.

Bemagnus and Chris from Chicago like this.
  12. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Apparently everyone who hasn't behaved in the manner I was describing saw my comment as directed at them while the idea police continue policing. I guess that's a failure of communication on my part.

Just to be clear, if anyone else read what I wrote and feels compelled to apologize for a comment they made, that in itself is probably a sign that their comment wasn't what I was talking about. That type of person generally doesn't engage in the behavior I was referring to.

13. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

So you're saying the follow-up to NEW should be OLD? :shrug:
    Memory Almost Gone?
    Press To Call the Nurse?
    Wild Life Means Staying Up Past 8:30pm?
    Back To The Eggs Over Easy Because I Lost My Dentures?
    Strawberry Ocean Ship Forrest Toothpaste Nickel Siren Coca-cola Platypus Harmonica Bathtub ...?
    Tripping On The Live Fantastic Because I Forgot My Walker?

14. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

I don t argue that image is important. What I did argue about what the imoortance Pauls Old man trying to be young and cool-style has on his current popularity. Iv never said these things should not be discussed-rather the opposite I actually discussed it and came to a different conclusion that you. I figured discussing things is what we do here.
    If I in any way offended you with my postings I am sorry didn t mean to. I just have a different opnion than you that a all.
    And just for the record-I personally think Paul's apperance is a bit silly.
    :)

15. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Well, news is never quick enough for us and this long and winding thread to take a few wrong turns while we wait for official word.

FKA002 likes this.
  16. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

I'm shocked that Paul's stubble in this picture hasn't been debated about at length already.

Could this possibly be an early clue to the new direction ?

:p

theMess likes this.
  17. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

Im pretty sure that Paul has decided to shelve working on his new album until he can figure out which hair color will sell more albums .

PhoffiFozz, theMess, supermd and 6 others like this.
  18. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

Paul adhering to his iconic image may be geared to attract new generations of fans no matter how much my baby boomer sensibilities would like to see the man in salt & pepper grey.

Not to worry though for those who prefer youthful Paul in perpetuity. Many years from now technology will help relive such moments all programmed via supercomputer.

Ladies & gentlemen it's The Robottles!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  19. Eska68

Eska68 Forum Resident

According to my absolutely reliable source McCartney has just started to dye his hair even darker. You will see this new look on the forthcoming promotional pics and the album cover itself. The new release is a double album scheduled for late May called "The Black Album", followed by an extensive boxed set of the "The Beatles" (White Album) exactly half a year later. Now you finally know what Capitol's comb-prehensive plan really is like...

BlueMeanie likes this.
  20. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

More ABSOLUTE NONSENSE!

Share with us all the evidence that the way McCartney dyes his hair, the way he looks hurt his album sales!

PhoffiFozz, Bemagnus and Zeki like this.
  21. Paulwalrus

Paulwalrus Forum Resident

Even more talk about Paul's hair... what is the obsession with this?.

I don't see any other musician being criticised for dying their hair. And PLENTY do.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    Tord likes this.
  22. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

How about FRYING their hair?:

Arthur Brown:
    [​IMG] ;)

PhoffiFozz, theMess, Eggman67 and 4 others like this.
  23. Paulwalrus

So I guess no women who wear makeup are happy with their appearance.

Bemagnus likes this.
  24. Paulwalrus

Did you catch my "fying" typo before I could fix it? :D

theMess and Arnold Grove like this.
  25. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Yes! That typo was my inspiration. Thank you!

theMess and Paulwalrus like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.