New Paul McCartney album "Egypt Station" coming September 7, 2018*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by etcetera, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Press!

theMess, supermd, 81531 and 4 others like this.
  2. I don’t think there is anything wrong with the sound of Unplugged.

3. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

This may be unrelated but I work with a dude named Paul.

theMess, supermd, Rojo and 6 others like this.
  4. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

Yes!!!!
    It's a clue to the next archive release.
    Too bad it wasn't a picture of him at the zoo, or frying an egg.

theMess, supermd, jmxw and 1 other person like this.
  5. Frank

Frank Senior Member

We are cyberstalking Geoff Emerick on social media for hidden clues about McCartney's mythical "new album." We have entered a new level here. Tedious Maximus.

6. Prudence1964

Prudence1964 Forum Resident

This sounds more like it's ready

7. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Unmixed albums are not ready.

Elliottmarx likes this.
  8. bward

bward Senior Member

Hmm, Off The Ground Archive next?

9. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Speculation goes on and on but fact is that we do know very little. I don t mind that really. The album will be released when it will be released.
    Even though I find it would be weird if Paul called Emerick and ask him to listen to an album that will be finished next year.
    My guess-as good as anyones-is that the album is recorded and mostly finished and now they are layingthe final touches-for instance callin Emerick to eventually do some mix-work.
    Also believe the release will be in the second half of the year.
    I don t believe concerns about vocals, quality or whatever has anything to do with the pace of the release. More down to the fact that Paul at this stage andage does things on another schedule than before and workin in the studio ain t his nr one priority -understandable so.
    I think we sometimes tends to read to much into things without seeing the obvious. Paul is an old man that makes new music more as a hobby even though he hasn t the need to do anything.
    Hopefully it will be a fine album but if not-no big deal at least not for me.

efegarcia and Zeki like this.
  10. Jimmy Cooper

Jimmy Cooper Forum Resident

What a thread! Paul's new album is going to be a real masterpiece!

11. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

Paul is mixing the album on a train? ;)

12. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

Ticket To Ride

theMess and C_Jepson like this.
  13. Elliottmarx

Elliottmarx Always in the mood for Burt Bacharach

Things are moving along nicely now. Two weeks ago, I was freaking out about the delays, but now, well I'm feeling calmer. I love the pictures of him on the train, and either see it as a shrewd way of getting some attention, or just a dude on the way home from work.
    If he did the album with Greg Kurstin, it is really very possible that Dave Grohl and Beck may be somewhere on the record. Perhaps that Head in the Clouds Gaga track is being exhumed. If so, these are currently very, very busy people. Perhaps synchronizing camps is the hold up. Of course these are good musicians, but they are even better names. Why have Grohl lay down a drum track, unless you (and he) vigorously promote the fact that Grohl is drumming on a number of tracks? I genuinely believe coming up with a comprehensive way of effectively promoting the next album is taking longer than mixing and mastering.

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  14. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

I suspect the delay with the Archives is because they're trying to work out a way of getting them out by streaming/download only and dispensing with physical media. I recall reading that Capitol was talking about abandoning physical media and, of course, there was download-gate with FITD...

15. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

Do you know whether that's a strategy they've already started with another artist, or are you thinking McCartney might be the first?

16. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Too bad it wasn't a picture of him at the London zoo while frying an egg and with a red rose in his mouth ... ;)

17. NothingBrightAboutIt

NothingBrightAboutIt Forum Resident

If he couldn't find an egg, he could always settle for cold cuts.

somebodywhocares likes this.
  18. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

You could be right, Paul, but is there a comparable "heritage" artist that's done an elaborate "digital only" release, with remastered original works and bonus material?

I ask because, as most of us know, those interested in these older artists' works tend to be old-school folks that like physical product. One of my favorite (little-known) artists put out an album a few years ago in digital-only format and I didn't even bother to pick it up, even though I had all his b-sides/rarities to date. I figured I'd just hold out for a physical release - which never came (eventually he offered it up free to those on his mailing list).

19. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

I think the delay has more to do with the ever moving goal posts of the new album

And we have had a year in the past without an archive. October 2015 to March 2017

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    revolution_vanderbilt likes this.
  20. Arnold Grove

Various members of the Steve Hoffman Music Forums once again tearing down Paul's goal posts: ;)

[​IMG]

21. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

That's Paul in blue. ;)

22. Arnold Grove

Thank you for your keen observational abilities. ... ;)

theMess and Monasmee like this.
  23. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

I am very well read. ;)

theMess and Arnold Grove like this.
  24. Arnold Grove

I read Mad magazine too. What a coincidence... ;)

theMess and Monasmee like this.
  25. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

To be fair though, we did have a coming soon card.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.