Mcintosh CD Players

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Dean De Furia, Aug 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dean De Furia

Dean De Furia Senior Member Thread Starter

Are any of the Mcintosh Cd players any good? I would like to get one to match my Pre and Amp but won't bother if they don't sound good. I mean, some of these were built in the 80's!

2. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Dean,

I have experience with a few, including their newest MCD205. It's a great sounding 5(6?) disc player that is pretty unique. You load the disc in a slot that looks like a car CD player, and it just keeps sucking up discs internally until it's full.

I don't know too much about older units. I'd personally be a little hesistant. DACs and other chipsets have come a long way in 15 years. Now is a better time than ever to get good CD players for relatively less $$ because of the newer HiRez formats starting to dominate the high-end market.

3. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I've heard some of the older cd players and thought the sounded pretty good. I might buy one if it was in good shape for short money.

4. Taurus

Taurus Senior Member

Just a sleazy plug for my favorite hi-res format :): McIntosh now has a dvd-audio player & obviously it also plays CDs. It looks just like all their other components. It ain't cheap though; my local dealer sells it for about $3500.

[T]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.