Meat Loaf SACD by Analog Sparks...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Claus, May 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisEfterklang

ChrisEfterklang Forum Resident

Yay ... although always anxious about whether it will eventually be an improvement ... will be closely following this thread for reports once it is out.

2. weekendtoy

weekendtoy Rejecting your reality and substituting my own.

Unfortunately stereo only.

3. Claus

Claus Senior Member Thread Starter

I think.... clean sources (whatever that means) is most important. Well, we will see, if this SACD sounds better than the original first pressings.

c-eling likes this.
  4. PTgraphics

PTgraphics Senior Member

I don't mind that it's Stereo only. I have the old 5.1 SACD and since some of the original multi tapes are lost I don't like the 5.1 that much.

Pat

ramokoff likes this.
  5. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Although I'm not interested in the Bat Out of Hell SACD it should be interesting to see what Analog Spark releases next on SACD.

The below is from the Analog Spark site and looks very promising :).

Analog Spark is a new audiophile imprint that is focused on the reissue of classic and acclaimed albums on 180-gram vinyl and SACD. We are using the best available sources, mastering engineers and pressing plants to ensure that our releases are of the highest quality.

About »
    Analog Spark - audiophile reissues on Vinyl and SACD »

Bill

6. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Never heard of Analog Sparks before this, but its good to have another label that seems serious about audio fidelity in their re-issues. It would be nice if this release was able to carry forward the existing 5.1 mix on the old SACD so I could then dump that. But Kevin Gray doing this (and the fact it will be a hybrid) makes it worth getting to me.

7. xcqn

xcqn Audiophile

i was just wondering why they choose this one? I mean it's a safe bet because it's a well-known album but it's also famous for sounding very, very bad.

8. detroit muscle

detroit muscle MIA

Maybe they feel by taking a notoriously bad sounding recording (that sold millions) and producing a disc that's better than anything out there it will help establish a reputation as a company that knows what it's doing.

mr.dave, Mr. H, LEONPROFF and 9 others like this.
  9. xcqn

xcqn Audiophile

True!

10. DPM

DPM Senior Member

This is the part of their introduction statement I find the most interesting.

"Our repertoire will stretch across eras and musical genres and hopefully bring light to artists and albums that have been overlooked thus far."

So maybe we'll get some quality releases of titles from bands/artists that have been ignored by MFSL, Analogue Productions, Audio Fidelity, etc.

Say It Right likes this.
  11. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Meatloaf is overlooked? Okay.

Anonamemouse likes this.
  12. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

When can I pre-order Abraxas and Kind Of Blue?

13. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

Preordered! Add me to the list of people who are excited Kevin Gray is working on this.

14. Galley

Galley Forum Resident

I wish they used Super Jewel Boxes. I don't care for mini-LP sleeves.

15. bruce2

bruce2 Forum Resident

I wish Mobile Fidelity and Audio Fidelity used them too.

ramokoff, Yost, Anonamemouse and 5 others like this.
  16. Rupe33

Rupe33 Senior Member

Saw this today on MusicTap:
    New SACD Edition Of Bat Out Of Hell Soon »

SACD – or Super Audio CD – arrived in 1999. At one time, labels threw their weight into the format alongside a competing high resolution competitor, DVD-Audio. As time – and consumer intent – would have it, SACD production shrunk to extreely low levels of production after seeing a wide range of classic being made available. In fact, there are several legendary no-shows from the Columbia vaults that include Rocks by Aerosmith (although one escaped into the wild for record transference of money), and 5D by The Byrds.

After the consumer refusal to participate (you had to have a dedicated machine, and that was an expenditure that was being resisted by the masses, much like its predecessor, Quad 4-channel was resisted), all the major labels saw SACD and DVD-Audio as formats to be abandoned for lack of interest. However, to this day, both formats do well enough in a niche market. As a result, several labels have picked up the torch. One of them is Analog Spark, who’s main interest is in grand audio restorations on SACD and vinyl 180g-weight vinyl reissues.

On July 22, Analog Spark will reissue the classic Bat Out Of Hell album by Meat Loaf on a Stereo Hybrid SACD disc. The set is specially housed in what are Stoughton old style tip-on gatefold jacket – essentially a high-grade chipboard gate-fold jacket manufactured by Stoughton Printing. The DSD mix is a new one by Kevin Gray of Cohearent Audio. Simply put, this should improve upon the original DSD mix released in early 2001. (Good luck finding one of those anyway. Try Discogs!)

On the Analog Spark site, no mention of bonus tracks or the controversial 5.1 mix:
    Meat Loaf - Bat Out Of Hell (Hybrid Stereo SACD) ***COMING SOON*** »

fredblue likes this.
  17. marcb

marcb Senior Member

"The DSD mix is a new one..."

Why do people who don't have a clue what they're writing about feel compelled to write about it like they do?

Yost, Anonamemouse, JakeM and 2 others like this.
  18. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

Wha???????? :shh:

19. Khamakhazee

Khamakhazee Forum Resident

Hopefully they can create some magic because the original mastering isn't very good.

20. Galley

Galley Forum Resident

They're too fiddly!

Bingo Bongo and c-eling like this.
  21. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

Yeah Galley, I resorted to placing them outside the packaging to minimize wear trying to get them out, plus it's easier. While they look great, they can be a major PIA
    [​IMG]

Galley likes this.
  22. Not before Brothers In Arms you can't!

23. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

If they get it to sound great then he can start using it at his concerts.

24. it's an automatic buy to support Analog Sparks as they jump into SACD. If this sells well, who knows, maybe . . .

[​IMG]

fredblue likes this.
  25. Not funny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.