Meat Loaf SACD by Analog Sparks...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Claus, May 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Give me a break. If you get busted for lip synching you deserve some ridicule.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
  2. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

If this was an Ashlee Simpson thread people would be liking it times 100.

FashionBoy, bruce2 and noname74 like this.
  3. razorball

razorball Forum Resident

Lol

4. fredblue

fredblue Surrounded by Music

..and if they could include the Quad.. :love:

dvcarrick and noname74 like this.
  5. Ahh, I get it now. I thought it was a pun on his health scare on stage a few days ago. Didn't realize he was lip synching.

razorball and noname74 like this.
  6. Both Amazon US and ImportCDs have the release date pushed back to August 19.

7. PJM

PJM Forum Resident

I have both the remastered version that came out a few years back and the gold CD Mastersound edition. I agree that this album does not belong in the best sounding recordings of all time category. Not enough Meat in the Loaf, so to speak. I am a fan of Kevin Gray's mastering, but if portions of the masters are missing I am a tad apprehensive. I'll probably buy it, though....:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2016
  8. xcqn

xcqn Audiophile

It's just the multitracks that are missing if i remember correctly which will prevent any atempt to remix the album. Stereo mixdown masters does exists which makes mastering from original tapes possible.

dobyblue and fredblue like this.
  9. fredblue

afaik multitrack master elements were missing (they have apparently been located since Sony's MultiChannel SACD which, for better or worse, used alternate takes/new re-recordings back then), the Stereo masters were, from what I can gather, fine all along (i.e. held in the vaults..)

Rupe33 likes this.
  10. fredblue

SNAP! :D

11. detroit muscle

detroit muscle MIA

On the Acoustic Sounds website the FLAC 192kHZ/24 bit download states:

"The Original Classic. And The Sound... Keeping the story very simple, the original two-track masters have been missing on this classic album for over 4 years. And, unlike many other "Gold" series, MasterSound will not release any title unless we can go directly to the original masters as our source. Lo and behold, filed in the wrong room at our Iron Mountain storage facility, and under the wrong number, Legacy archivists uncovered the treasure of the summer. Wait util you hear this!"

Rupe33 and fredblue like this.
  12. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Cautionary Example

No, I've seen the video from Edmonton and that's actually pretty funny. Then again, maybe he's sung that song so often now that he actually could sing it while stretched out unconscious.... but I'm not a doctor so that's just speculation on my part. :uhhuh:

So, as I understand it, if this album really needs a re-mix and there is no word on that having happened, how much improvement can we actually expect to hear from a re-master ? Will it not simply be a slightly-cooled down version of the same hot mess we're already familiar with ?

D.D.

13. PJM

PJM Forum Resident

I really appreciate the info. This one is moving to the "buy" list. A sincere "thanks for nothing" from my poor, beleaguered wallet:sweating:

Yost and fredblue like this.
  14. PJM

PJM Forum Resident

I would absolutely buy this.

fredblue likes this.
  15. fredblue

Its a great one too.. right from the intro to "Back In The Saddle".. you're enveloped by the sound of galloping horses traversing round the room 360 degrees and then the crack of the whip feels like its going to whack smack across you.. you are right there, slap bang in the middle of the "Rocks" Quad.. its another of those wonderful old Quads that strikes the balance between speaker pong special effects and a kind of spatial drama set in the surround soundfield.. I bloody love it! Anyway, sorry for getting carried away there, back to Meat Loaf..! :righton:

16. PTgraphics

PTgraphics Senior Member

I will have to order this.

17. PJM

PJM Forum Resident

When was a time where you were faced with a similarly challenging recording? I'm guessing that among the thousands you've remastered, "Bat" had an equally evil sonic twin in there, somewhere...

18. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Odd that that description is on the 192/24 but not the 96/24. Are they from different sources? There's no release date on either to indicate they are different transfers. I've already got the upcoming SACD ordered, so I'll just wait for that.

19. Claus

Claus Senior Member Thread Starter

I think it's the same mastering.

20. TStewart422

TStewart422 Forum Resident

Is it a unique mastering or just the Mastersound version from twenty years ago?

21. Rupe33

Rupe33 Senior Member

Got an Amazon notice: now delayed until October 14.

22. Lucidae

Lucidae AAD

Could be the same master as HDTracks, which AFAIK is unique and IMO the best sounding version so far.

23. Claus

Claus Senior Member Thread Starter

Newly remastered, but I don't know what source Kevin Gray used.

New release date: mid of October

24. TStewart422

TStewart422 Forum Resident

I meant the Acoustic Sounds one. I already have this one on preorder... I just hate waiting until October.

25. dobyblue

dobyblue Forum Resident

Has anyone sent Analog Spark an e-mail to ask about the source material?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.