Meltdown: King Crimson, Live in Mexico

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jimbino, Aug 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenticus

kenticus Forum Resident

Imagine the liner notes will tell us what songs come from what night, but we shall see.

Fracture - sounds like they switched up how they did the opening section. 2016 as seen on the Vienna release Fripp would play a phrase then Jakko would do one then back to Fripp and on and on. Sounds like here they broke those sections down and exchanged individual notes back and forth, so subdivided it! We shall see how it sounds in 4 weeks time when we have it all to digest!

As for the bonus tracks....curious to see how they sound overall compared to the rest of the release given the performances are a year apart and the bonus stuff was only recorded 2 months ago. I have faith it’ll be great! Just wanna see some video!

Kalli and seasonsinthesky like this.
  2. albertop

albertop Forum Resident

Starless is now available on streaming services. I’ve found it on Tidal.
    The real surprise is that other live albums are available for streaming as well! I’m talking about the new ones / old ones coming out in these days (Night Watch, absent lovers, ladies of the road, epitaph and Vrooom vrooom).

3. mcwlod

mcwlod Outside Looking In

Wow, din't see it coming...now I know what I will listen to today evening, thx for the tip :righton:

albertop likes this.
  4. kenticus

kenticus Forum Resident

Hahaha so random how they are dropping songs periodically...first indiscipline 2 weeks ago, now this but still no video!

If we are lucky, maybe one more song in two weeks before the release?

Still holding out hope that they’ll ship it early and it’ll arrive on or before release date, but we shall see!

5. Cheevyjames

Cheevyjames Forum Resident

Heavy ConstruKction too!

cacaaaaaaw likes this.
  6. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

OMG! Two whole weeks!

:bigeek:

@Shvartze Shabbos

7. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Oh wow, I knew the recent live releases were there but I didn't know about the old stuff. Eventually the studio albums will show up there, but at least I could add them myself on Apple Music so it's not a big deal.

Not sure whether I'll need to listen to all of these, but I love that Absent Lovers is included.

8. seasonsinthesky

seasonsinthesky orphan coal, sleep, etc.

I wonder if the strategy is to put only live releases on streaming. Certainly a worthwhile venture.

Tim Bucknall and Tyler Chastain like this.
  9. gkella

gkella Glen Kellaway From The Basement

Two weeks is to long...very cruel...

10. :unhunh:

This looks cool in triplicate!

:bigeek:

Humbuster and gkella like this.
  11. kenticus

kenticus Forum Resident

Hey! I was merely expressing my sadness at knowing it was coming two weeks later than planned! Trust me....life has gone on and I have survived just fine without it, still excited, but it’ll arrive when it arrives. Luckily just got the new jack white vault package to hold me over for a few weeks, so surely I will survive!

Tim Bucknall likes this.
  12. Ram4

Ram4 Lookin' good

I enjoyed the video. I actually didn't mind the superimposing. It was weird at first, but I got used to it. What they should have offered was the ability to watch the entire video with the full band in frame (straight on angle). Then you can watch it as if you were at a concert (example 7:36-8:00) with no editing.

Tim Bucknall likes this.
  13. audiotom

audiotom Senior Member

Had me at Breathless

Dismally pathetic chord sequence

Dr. Mudd likes this.
  14. Say It Right

Oh, and sorry. I neglected to mention that my George Benson SACD shipped from the Dutton Vocalion in the UK...with tracking!

:shtiphat:

15. Sordel

Sordel Forum Resident

Just listening to “Starless” now and you're right about Levin. For me a mix that's focused on the bass will be enough of itself to keep this album in rotation if it's otherwise good. But ... it's quite an analytic stereo mix where, for example, the delay on Jakko's mic sounds quite artificial. This is going to be fun on headphones but it's the most obviously “multi-tracked” KC recording I've heard and maybe something warmer would be (even) better?

Tim Bucknall and Kalli like this.
  16. That’s nice to know, however, once you post “shipping and tracking information” how do we know it’s been delivered? What would be really be advantageous is if we can finally start to see the pictures of the actual delivery posted here. It makes it much more interesting, before the limited edition number and, of course, the DR wave-files make their way . . . :D

Amazon is taking photos of your front door to show when packages have been delivered

Jimbino likes this.
  17. Say It Right

When have you ever once seen me flip out over a shipment/delivery?

:edthumbs:

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  18. kenticus

kenticus Forum Resident

Indiscipline from Mexico! No visual overlays this time, but like how they did periodic split screens. Also there performance is different than the audio performance they released of it a few weeks back, so perhaps the blu Ray performance will not always be from the same night as the performance heard on the CD.....enjoy!

albertop, gd0, Cheevyjames and 4 others like this.
  19. Jimbino

Jimbino Goad Kicker, Music Lover Thread Starter

Fantastic. Nearly salivating for this now.

20. Cheevyjames

Cheevyjames Forum Resident

Wow, that looks amazing. It's still a trip to see Fripp actually smile. I love this current version of Crimson.

TFEC and rontoon like this.
  21. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

Great mix!

albertop and Kalli like this.
  22. gkella

So is there a release date..
    I have a pre order with amazon.ca and they don’t have a date...

23. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

Me too! They're just awesome.

If I'd heard anyone say back in 2013 that Fripp would put together a new King Crimson to play mainly old classics, and that the new line-up would feature 3 drummers, I would've just laughed.

But now here we are. I've seen them live twice (most musically amazing concerts I've ever attended, and the list is long), and I've collected every CD they've put out.

This Crimson tide is a gift. I'll be very sad the day it stops.

Tim Bucknall, aphexj, Jimbino and 3 others like this.
  24. kenticus

kenticus Forum Resident

October 19th - imagine if you are lucky with shipping you’ll have it on or around release date. In any event, it’ll be available on all media October 19th, so you’ll be able to enjoy on Spotify that date if it has not shown up on your doorstep yet.

Tim Bucknall and rontoon like this.
  25. gkella

Thank you...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.