Metallica - And Justice For All deluxe box set contents and discussion thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by nodeerforamonth, Sep 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

Bump in case anybody missed this clip.:thumbsup:

Clanceman and FourWalledWorld like this.
  2. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

New clip Harvestor Of Sorrow live from Newark Delaware Stone Balloon 89

Clanceman, johnny q and dobyblue like this.
  3. dobyblue

dobyblue Forum Resident

That is totally badass!!!!!!

I can believe it really is the first time they ever play it, but sure enough Setlist FM confirms. Haha, great stuff and great quality vid.

Clanceman and REMASTERANTER like this.
  4. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Yep, and here's the video for all the people here:

5. FourWalledWorld

FourWalledWorld Forum Resident

To Live is to Die from one of the Filmore 30th anniversary shows:

steveharris likes this.
  6. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

Are these Fillmore shows on CD?

7. PeterGriffin

PeterGriffin Forum Resident

Yes however they were only available to Fan Club members

Greenalishi likes this.
  8. Panama Jack

Panama Jack Forum Resident

You can buy them in mp3 or lossless FLAC from the livemet website. You can also download all the artwork for the discs and cases right there to make your own CDs if you like. Links below:

Dec 5, 2011 show

Dec 7, 2011 show

Dec 9, 2011 show

Dec 10, 2011 show

Greenalishi likes this.
  9. nodeerforamonth

nodeerforamonth Consistently misunderstood Thread Starter

? I never heard that.

The shows are available for download on livemetallica.com. You can download the flac and burn them to CD yourself. But I never heard of it being only available for Fan Club members.

Highly recommended, by the way.

Greenalishi and Panama Jack like this.
  10. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

Thanks all. I love these shows a lot. When i get a new computer, someday, i will download them. Some tight, interesting performances. Love the small venue loose vibe of these shows. I am a member of the club, so i could get 'em either way.

11. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

This seems to me, to be the closest we may get to an official release of the album with Jason, potentially, up in the mix.

12. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Fingers crossed

13. Charles Cooper

Charles Cooper Well-Known Member

I just bought the set in a shop in Belgium. That's like a full week early no? It is a reputable store... I haven't opened it yet but it looks exactly like the other boxes, with the little watermark sticker, indicating number X of 30,000. It surely can't be a fake.
    Before your ask, I won't be able to comment on sound quality etc. as I have a fairly basic system and wouldn't consider myself audiophile...

joshm2286, sassi, Clanceman and 3 others like this.
  14. FourWalledWorld

FourWalledWorld Forum Resident

That's strange but it might just be a mistake on the store's part. Enjoy!

15. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Interesting, I'm sure Metallica's management would be interested to hear about this, anyhow it won't matter in a week from now. Can you at least comment on the Seattle 89 LP's if you get a chance?

16. dobyblue

dobyblue Forum Resident

Rip discs with EAC and send to me, I'll comment.

:tiphat:

ermylaw likes this.
  17. sathvyre

sathvyre formerly known as ABBAmaniac

...or send to everybody here to discuss about the box set one week before the official release...:rolleyes:

18. jordevi

jordevi Forum Resident

Retailers probably have already received their sets. Amazon sent me an email confirming a delivery date for this set, which AFAIK means they have it already in stock.

19. Post a few pictures, I'm curious what the contents look like up close...if you actually have it of course.

theshape likes this.
  20. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

Hi Charles, can you tell what shop it was ?/ Mediamarkt?? And what did you pay for the set? Some shops have very good offers the first week a box hits the store.
    I'm from Maastricht so maybe I pay a visit if it's worth.

21. Charles Cooper

I don't want them to get into any trouble, but yes it was them. When I was there they only had 2 boxes, 1 of which I bought. I paid 190 euros, which is the same I had it on pre-order for with the German Amazon.

mestreech and Clanceman like this.
  22. Charles Cooper

I have the feeling you don't necessarily believe me? No offense. Anyway, the shop probably made a mistake and I got lucky. I won't have time to listen to all of it as it's school holidays here next week and we're leaving on holidays. I'm ripping the CDs to take with me on my portable player. I'll check if the download code works already but I don't expect so.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  23. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

Has anyone found a "good" price on this? The lowest I can find is on Amazon.ca, comes to about $156 shipped down south, thanks!

24. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

Good for you. So nice.

I cxld Beatles TWA box set, the Dylan BOTT box set & opted for 3 & 1 cd versions. Stones Voodoo Uncut orders still in place & will get a bit of attention along with the previously mentioned.

But man, I’m getting a “little” smarter. Ordering and collecting sets from every band and artist I like...and even love has to make more sense these days. I only have so much room and more important...so much time.

The ...And Justice For All Super Deluxe Set will take up most of my time and attention.

Cannot wait for this box, cannot wait for the 2 shows I’m going to over the next couple months.

Metallica has “mastered” box set curating. This is going to be epic. I thought MOP was the top of the mountain....until this was announced. Amazon has confirmed. 11.2 will be a fantastic day.

25. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

I thank you. I mostly go to Brussels and I prefer the famous 3 for 2 action as I always buy the big boxes (Metallica / led Zep etc).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.