Metallica - Master Of Puppets 2017 Remastered Deluxe edition announced*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by nodeerforamonth, Aug 29, 2017.

1. sassi

sassi Forum Resident

I chose not to get the first two boxes before. This seems like a must have. The only problem is that if I get the MoP box I must get the other two also. I can't just have one of them. Dang!

Maybe I could fight against my OCD... maybe. :shh:

2. 500Homeruns

500Homeruns Peaceful Punk

We could start a thread now and let people get a jump on complaining about all of the formats included.

2trackmind and Matthew Tate like this.
  3. Use_Your_Koala

Use_Your_Koala Forum Resident

"Metallica deluxe reissues - What went wrong?"

500Homeruns likes this.
  4. Cooks420

Cooks420 Forum Resident

The extra stuff is nice, but if the remaster isn't "superior" tothe DCC, I just don't see the point in spending all of that money for live songs/Jason tryouts I won't be listening to on the regular.

5. FourWalledWorld

FourWalledWorld Forum Resident

It all looks very impressive but I will be holding off on any purchase until we know the sound quality of the live recordings.
    The Kill/Ride live shows were fairly disappointing for such a high-priced item.

rnranimal likes this.
  6. stonesfcr

stonesfcr Forum Resident

7. John Porcellino

John Porcellino Forum Resident

EVOLVIST and Clanceman like this.
  8. rrbbkk

rrbbkk Forum Resident

How much "Master'" is too much "Master'"? Now we know.

Seriously, this is beautifully rendered package.

cyclistsb likes this.
  9. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

Pre-order placed with Amazon, locked in hopefully that price will come down. Can't wait.

10. Todd W.

Todd W. It's a Puggle

I agree with this and would be more thrilled with a re-mix of my favorite And Justice For All.

Cooks420 likes this.
  11. panicproject

panicproject VinylVinylVinylVinyl

haha, this is the same conversation I was having with myself a little while ago

SecondHandNews and sassi like this.
  12. nosliw

nosliw Delivering parcels throughout Teyvat! Meow~!

Has anyone else, other than the RTL/KEA deluxe edition megathread, can attest the vinyl LP sound quality of the previous two RTL/KEA deluxe boxsets?

13. dobyblue

dobyblue Forum Resident

They tout (see - Obey Your (Re)Master - Metallica) they're going for the "most advanced sound quality possible", but announce Master of Puppets will arrive on a single LP resulting in SIDE A running at 26:50 and SIDE B running at 27:55? Yeesh.

Hard to complain about the wealth of bonus material in the super deluxe set tho, nice job lads.

heartbroken_poet and Scott222C like this.
  14. krazy_olie

krazy_olie Active Member

After a little more not so scientific comparison.

The Disposable heroes uploaded is not quite as clean as the Mastered for iTunes version that has now been removed from the metstore. However, we're talking youtube video so compression comes in to play.

It is definitely cleaner than whatever version is on Spotify, which I believe is the 2013 Blackened version.

It's a shame RTL and KEA itunes version are not around, I presume they were sold on the metsore before the major remaster. I suspect they were quite good as the justice version I have is also pretty good.
    Alas, there is n physical release and these are disappearing in to the ether

15. Soundslave

Soundslave Forum Resident

Well that's something I'm looking forward to. I missed KEA boxset and I guess I should now consider making plans for it, but MOP somehow grabbed my attention more (and KEA is my favorite album from the band).
    As for sound, I remember the general thought was that Kill em All was a bit better release while Ride the Lightning remastering work was something questionable. I'm really hoping for closer-to-KEA remastering here.

16. Vinyl Fan 1973

Not at all, both vinyl for KEA and Ride sound fantastic and IMO are right up there with the Vertigo 1989.

I would have liked to have seen MOP pushed to 2LP's, but I'm hoping for the best considering how good the other two sound. I hope that Bellman will do MOP as well.

izombie73, Clanceman and Soundslave like this.
  17. Soundslave

Soundslave Forum Resident

Oh great then. I was a little disappointed in the recent MoP hi-res release which seems to be an upsampled CD version, so I'm hyped for a new master :)

18. Paully

Paully De gustibus non est disputandum

My thought is they can do a pretty decent AAA remaster campaign for Motley Crue but they can't for Metallica? All of this is digital? It just doesn't seem like Lars cares about good sound, or he does but just has to let his ego get in the way of letting someone actually engineer these things the way they should be.

dobyblue likes this.
  19. keefer1970

keefer1970 Metal, Movies, Beer!

Meh. I'll stick with my trusty ol' CD copy that I've had for 20+ years.

20. Vinyl Fan 1973

The great thing about these sets is that the vinyl is not mastered like the CD's. The vinyl is not squashed, or loud, they are very dynamic and I have to say I was very surprised. Even the CD though, with it having a very low DR, sounds not bad. In the car it's perfect LOL. Also, the bonus CD's are very good and don't seem to be that loud or squashed compared to the main title on CD.

I have never been a big fan of MOP on vinyl, although I have only heard a few copies, and none of them were the 2LP variety. I'm hoping Bellman can do what he can to make it as good as possible.

Currently my fave listen for MOP is my original UK MFN CD, love it.

Silvan, izombie73, Soundslave and 2 others like this.
  21. US$175 isn't too bad a price for what you're getting here. If the Stones were offering something this luxe, it'd be more like $375.

22. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

Now THAT is an absolute treasure trove of material! Instant pre-order/purchase for me...

Dmann201 and Clanceman like this.
  23. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

I'll wait to see the audio reviews.

500Homeruns likes this.
  24. Bathory

Bathory 30 yr Single Malt, not just for breakfast anymore

wow, so out of the 8 songs on the original release, one will get 9 cds worth of live dribble and demo stuff, which I'm sure is of impeccable sound quality.. ooohh, and a dvd or 2.

NO thank you, cash grab !

I always have been looking for Kirk's rendition (his take) on what the riff should sound like for disposable heroes back in 1985.

save your money. My vinyl and cd copy are more than enough.

then again, the live stuff back then was VERY good, as the band was actually hungry, not like these days, its just a mashup of riffs, etc to release as much as possible to cash in on heir name.

Todd W. likes this.
  25. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

Soundslave, steveharris and Clanceman like this.