Metallica - Master Of Puppets 2017 Remastered Deluxe edition announced*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by nodeerforamonth, Aug 29, 2017.

1. nodeerforamonth

nodeerforamonth Consistently misunderstood Thread Starter

It should be noted thst Cliff's last US performance (with Metallica; he did do a show with Spastik Children a couple weeks later) is on the set (Virginia) in soundboard quality.

2. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

3. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

Clanceman and The Hud like this.
  4. BurtThomasWard

BurtThomasWard Guided by Loke In Memoriam

I would say that the Stockholm show is far more historical significant than that one, tho. On the other hand I understand the aestetical reason for putting this on the cassette. Soundwise it is possible just horrible? Never heard the boot of the show.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  5. steveharris

It`s on youtube and it is pretty bad quality.Fade To Black is included on the 3 disc edition.

6. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

If it came out in 1988, it would've had better mastering. :D

Dynamic Ranger and steveharris like this.
  7. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I'll be cancelling my Stone Temple Pilots "Core" 25th Anniversary pre-order and going with this one. So many good memories about this album.

Vinyl Fan 1973 and warewolf95 like this.
  8. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

I agree about the cassette. I don't really care what format it is as I'll never listen to it.

FourWalledWorld likes this.
  9. warewolf95

warewolf95 Forum Resident

OP -

holy mother of crap.

:bigeek::bigeek::bigeek::bigeek::bigeek::bigeek::bigeek::bigeek::bigeek::bigeek::bigeek::bigeek:

Great to have Cliff's final show released officially, even if it's only the (excellent, I might add) audience recording.

I'm also EXTREMELY interested in the previously unreleased Japanese gig! I've seen TV footage from that tour - anyone know yet if this is an unreleased pro shot? I'd die! :D

Matthew Tate and BurtThomasWard like this.
  10. warewolf95

warewolf95 Forum Resident

There's 2 sources for Cliff's last show as far as I know. The one I have is actually probably the best-sounding audience recording from the Cliff era!

Vinyl Fan 1973 and steveharris like this.
  11. steveharris

Oh no now I HAVE to go get a tape player!:laugh:

12. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

I should have also said that this comes with free shipping too. I ordered the first two box sets from them, and they did a great job of packaging the sets so that there isn't any damage to anything inside.

13. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

Right, it's definitely a good sounding show. Only one source had the last song, for some reason. Guess the other dude wanted to take the return train quickly!

warewolf95 likes this.
  14. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

I bought the single CD reissues of the 1st two albums, but may have to pop large for the big box on MoP.

15. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

As someone who has the sets for the first 2 albums, I was very impressed with how they cleaned up the bootlegs, and I was happy with the sound. Based on that, I'm really looking forward to hearing everything on offer with this MOP set.

I'm also happy that they dropped the plain white "bootleg" look of the bonus vinyl and CD covers, giving us this time around nice images from the era to grace the various covers.

johnny q, Dmann201 and Pouchkine like this.
  16. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

Have no need for vinyl or cassettes. Pass.

Brenald79 and SecondHandNews like this.
  17. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

Haha!

I bought the 1st two boxes immediately. They've moved up to my Brussels Affair Stones & Faces (Five guys) love.

But....I totally relate. O C D lol

johnny q likes this.
  18. As a non-metalhead it's been very difficult to admit to myself that Master of Puppets is my favorite album of all time.

This is coming from somebody who is a massive Prince, Bowie, Beatles, Kinks, Neil Young, Hendrix, Stevie Wonder, YES & Rush fan. Out of all of their albums to choose from, I still choose Master of Puppets as tops. I purchased it when it came out, and I still think its scope, breadth and depth is as near on par with large orchestral pieces from the old masters as a rock album can get.

I will buy this, even though I'm pretty sure I will be disappointed with the SQ of the album, proper. A masterpiece.

sidewinder572, Pouchkine and Thwacko like this.
  19. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

Seeing the album covers for Kill Em All, Ride The Lightning and Master Of Puppets in a record store window at age 11 is what got me to buy them unheard and what got me into music. I would get all three sets if they were CD only. But that is my problem, hope you all enjoy the sets.

SecondHandNews likes this.
  20. Disposable Heroes - DR10
    The Thing That Should Not Be (Live) - DR10

Is there hope? :agree:

21. Stephen Birkett

Stephen Birkett Forum Resident

I'm in for this. Its my favourite album of all time period. My desert island disc. Your last listen etc.
    I am thinking of trading my MFN 2lp and 1lp MFN original copies against this to help me bring the price down. I cant listen to them all!
    They are both Near Mint as I taped the original 1lp to avoid wear and have probably played the double twice.
    Can anyone give me a guide price as to what these may be worth?

22. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

Preordered at SStage Direct. Fine folks who pack well & are offering a discount on par with about as good as it will get if you want this close to release date.

** won't arrive on release date, but I can wait the extra 4/5 days here on the West Coast. :)

Sci-Fi Kid and The Hud like this.
  23. four sticks

four sticks Senior Member

I'm in for the 3cd, wish they would've done the multi format thing for KEM and RTL.

The 4/21/86 show is the infamous seat cushion show in NJ.

Clanceman and johnny q like this.
  24. Paully

Paully De gustibus non est disputandum

Check discogs and ebay sold listings, that should tell you pretty exactly.

25. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

$171.71 CDN at Amazon.ca, that's about $136 USD, I don't know what taxes/duties/shipping would be applicable for US customers.

Clanceman and Dudley Morris like this.