Metallica - Master Of Puppets 2017 Remastered Deluxe edition announced*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by nodeerforamonth, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

I thought DH sounded pretty good. I will say that the CDs from the first two boxes sounded better than the samples.

coffeetime likes this.
  2. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

You should check Soundstage Direct. They have free worldwide shipping and 20% off with coupon code LP20. Plus they package way better than Amazon.

EVOLVIST likes this.
  3. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

$174.99 USD = $220.86 CDN at best - 20% = $176.68 CDN + the risk of duties/taxes etc...almost better off at $171.71 CDN + 13% HST = $194 CDN all in.

Brenald79 and Dudley Morris like this.
  4. The Hud

Nevermind. :)

Deuce66 likes this.
  5. Dmann201

Dmann201 Forum Resident

I'll probably get this from Soundstage Direct again as well, they did a killer packing job and had the best price by far for the first 2 boxes. Just wish they'd wait to charge your card once the item ships like Music Direct!

6. Grunge Master

Grunge Master 8 Bit Enthusiast

I haven't listened to this album in about 10 years. I listened to the DH remastered that they put up, and I had forgotten just how great that album is. I mean, I always name it as my favorite Metallica album, but sometimes you just gotta pop it back in once in awhile to remember. Killer.

coffeetime and EVOLVIST like this.
  7. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

One thing that sticks out to me; as thorough as this set is, we HAVE to get a remix of "And Justice For All" with actual bass guitar when it is time for its deluxe box, right?

8. theanalogkidsignals

theanalogkidsignals Forum Resident

Say what you want about Metallica, but they truly do care about their fans more so than almost any band on the planet. It's the only reason that they'd do something this huge. Passion.
    Where's the Deluxe Edition for Garage Days Re-Revistited? That's due!

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  9. theshape

theshape Forum Resident

I was just telling this same thing to someone at work last night! \m/

10. nodeerforamonth

nodeerforamonth Consistently misunderstood Thread Starter

TEN (10) CDs isn't enough for you? You can always sell the vinyl and cassette to offset your costs.

theanalogkidsignals and theshape like this.
  11. theshape

theshape Forum Resident

Where the heck are the pre-order listings for amazon in the US?? All i can find are the single cd & lp listings....

12. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

I imagine it will be bypassed for a "Garage Inc." Box.

The $5.98 EP is one of my favorite Metallica releases ever. In both content and sound. Always one I play way too loud.

13. The Hud

Not up yet for some reason.

14. theanalogkidsignals

theanalogkidsignals Forum Resident

I don't know if youtube clips are anything to go off of but the Disposable Heroes they posted didn't sound that loud, only a bit louder than my original Elektra disc, and certainly not unlistenable. They did roll off a little top end, possible NR?

15. Plus, I suspect the price will dip at least a bit between then and now. Anyway, even with my SQ qualms, I pulled the trigger (preordered along with the Replacements' Live at Maxwell's set). At this price and with all the extras, and given the base album's pivotal status in metal, I can live with it. :)

Deuce66 and nodeerforamonth like this.
  16. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

Theres is a 3 cd version too Mal. Dont write this one off.

17. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

Not gonna remix sadly. At least they may throw some demo versions on with audible Jason.

18. Paully

Paully De gustibus non est disputandum

Watching interviews they have made it perfectly clear they have zero interest in changing the "historical record". It just isn't going to happen.

19. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

They've said a lot of things. I know they won't get a sale from me if there isn't a version of the album with Jason's original bass tracks. I don't cafe if it's a remix, rough mixes or the standard mix with the bass layered over it. Or hell, just put the bass tracks on a disc and let me do it myself. I've heard demo and live material from that album and it doesn't do much for me. It's all about the album for me with this one and I want a version with Jason.

Paully likes this.
  20. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

Dude, have you really not found "And Justice For Jason"?

theshape likes this.
  21. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

The one where a fan plays bass? That doesn't interest me. Or is that the one that uses Guitar Hero stems to remix? I have the stems and have messed around doing some mixes, but not all the songs are included.

LEONPROFF likes this.
  22. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

These are the actual bass tracks. Do some digging, and I think you'll find something that will suit you. And yes, every song is out there.

23. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

Does anyone know about Michael Wagener remixing Master of Puppets for the American market before it was released?

24. theshape

theshape Forum Resident

I recall reading something about it in a book or magazine once, but it was a piece railing against Metallica and their supposed sell-out ways....

25. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

Everything I'm finding is saying it was a fan who played the bass parts and overdubbed them onto the album. Then when Guitar Hero came out with stems from most of the songs, someone else (or maybe the same guy) mixed them with the original bass audible and replaced just those tracks.

This youtube video is the mix between Guitar Hero remixes and the fan recorded bass layered over the album mix for tracks not on Guitar Hero:

Gila likes this.