Michael Nesmith 2013 Fall Tour!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by FredV, Aug 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arob71

arob71 Capitol JAX

2. Thank you, thank you, a thousand times thank you for the head's up! I'd gotten myself all resigned to missing this tour, but Chicago's an easy/cheap-ish flight from Tulsa and the date's after my Qualifying exams finish! Got 2 very promising-looking seats at the 5th table back, left center. There are still some very nice seats available for those of you who have an interest. :)

arob71 likes this.
  3. izgoblin

izgoblin Forum Resident

I gotta skip the meet and greet since it's $100 and it seems they are particular about where you bought your Nesmith solo stuff from. That kind of annoys me given they don't even sell vinyl anymore, and that's the best stuff to have autographed IMO.

I am kinda bummed that he's going to focus on the later material since I get kinda disinterested after The Prison really. Sounds like he's going to ignore Tantamount to Treason again (my second favorite LP), so that bites.

Should still be an enjoyable show, but I really do prefer the older stuff.

4. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

Well, that's F'd up. I was going to try for a meet and greet at the Dallas show and the option for that show never even appeared before it was sold out!

5. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Tried to get a conversation pass.... that site is whacked. They were gone by 12:07. I had mine in my cart at 12:00 but it wouldn't let me continue although all fields were filled out correctly.

6. bubba-ho-tep

12:07? Hell, they were gone by 12:02! Never even got a chance.

7. GV1967

GV1967 Senior Member

I hate each and every one of you that picked up a pass and got in my way. "First come first serve"? Shut up.

8. AnalogueAndy

AnalogueAndy Forum Resident

They're having system issues . . . try it now.

9. bubba-ho-tep

I want to know what crazy internet convolutions one must go through to even get a place in line for one of these. Seriously. My venue didn't even show up on the list until they were already sold out!

10. GV1967

GV1967 Senior Member

Same here. :realmad:

11. FredV

FredV Senior Member Thread Starter

Gave it a shot but by the time Bergen turned up they were gone. Oh well, I'm glad I got to see him in the Spring tour, and GV, I'm glad I got him to sign the 'holy grail' for you, good to do a favor for a pal! :)

Consolation: two great seats for the Bergen show! :D

Hawkman and GV1967 like this.
  12. bubba-ho-tep

And my dear wife and I (along with 2 Hoffmanites) have a VIP table. I guess I can live with that. :)

13. GV1967

GV1967 Senior Member

Yes. Thank you, FredV but I was so hoping to get a pass this time........ugh.

14. houston

houston Forum Resident

so... do you guys think the pass system was rigged? or just sloppily put together?

15. bubba-ho-tep

Extremely sloppily put together. Just out of curiosity, did you end up trying for one? I knew you weren't planning on it based on a previous post, but neither was I at first.

16. AnalogueAndy

AnalogueAndy Forum Resident

What a joke: trying to buy one pass for Phoenix, system says three available but am getting message Sorry, we do not have enough 'Nez Fall 2013 Tour Conversation Receptions Venue: MIM Music Theater 10-27-13' to fill your order. Please adjust the quantity and try again. Quantity Available: 3. I guess the powers that be don't want me to meet Nez (something I said?). At least I'm $100 ahead.

17. GV1967

GV1967 Senior Member

Naturally, Videoranch sent out an email saying they had technical difficulties with the site and to try again for the passes. It was delivered at 12:45 but, of course, I didn't check my mail until 1:57.

:realmad:

18. BadJack

BadJack doorman who always high-fives children of divorce

My wife got one MA pass (I was all set with meeting him last April) and the confirmation says that it's in Austin. Yeesh.

19. houston

houston Forum Resident

no, I didn't try... I might have if I wasn't taking my sister..or if I had a table like you

20. Hawkman

Hawkman Supercar Gort Staff

Same here. I tried. Didn't make it. I have a nice mono copy of Pisces with three out of four signatures on it. Looks like it will have to remain that way. Too bad too because the Bergen show is on my birthday. :)

21. FredV

I hope nobody hates me, but I managed to get a couple of conversation passes for the Bergen PAC show. I somehow managed to get in despite the technical difficulties. And please, don't ask me to try and get you in, the other pass has already been claimed. And that includes the Ratso Rizzo of Monkeedom! (Some of you know who I'm talking about.)

Was checking the Facebook pages about the conversation passes, and boy, are folks mad! The thing is, while I agree it's a bit of a stiff price to pay, it's about average, and maybe even a little less, than what other major music acts charge for meet & greets. Plus, one has to consider that it costs money for each venue to keep their staff on call after the show during the m&g's, which includes union members. All of that I'm sure was taken into account regarding the cost of the passes.

I'll let folks know how things progress in regard to my order. I'll take pictures again, I promise!

DanielCT and GV1967 like this.
  22. Ken K

Ken K Forum Resident

It amazes me that it is the same select few people to go to all of the local meet and greets. It would be nice if others had the chance. I know this by the photos I have seen. I think they are fixed. I am not saying this, however, because I am not among the "chosen", but rather on behalf of all those who cannot get access because it's the same faces at the meet & greets. Rant over...

Iceman08, bluejeanbaby and D-rock like this.
  23. FredV

Please let me reassure everyone that in regard to myself, there was no "fix" on my scoring conversation passes. I managed to get in, and I was afraid of getting locked out. I basically persevered and I got through. And earlier in the day when it looked otherwise, I sincerely wished the best of those who did get through. If I didn't get them I was not going to let it bum me out, I was still going to the show which I already knew was going to be great. If you're going to the shows. Enjoy it and have a great time!

GV1967 likes this.
  24. Hawkman

Hawkman Supercar Gort Staff

Interesting. I've been getting this all day ever since getting a message saying that another venue was sold out of conversation passes when I was trying for Bergen.

"The conversation passes site has been taken down due to technical difficulties. Please check back with us later."

How did you get passes with the site down??

25. Lee

Lee Forum Resident

Looking forward to seeing him again in Nashville. Love that theater. Just wish he concentrated on the country rock more, but heh it's his music.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.