Michael Nesmith planning short U.S. tour

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by abbeyrdsteve, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bradfinger

Bradfinger Forum Resident

Got my tickets for the Franklin Theater this morning! Taking my wife, 17 & 15 year olds who had to stay home while Dad and Mary Leigh went to Chicago to see the Monkees in October last year!

2. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

Philly show at World Cafe Live is sold out. Good job Nez.

3. BryanW

BryanW Likes his pop sunny.

4. KirkK

KirkK Senior Member

I guess the universe wanted to make up for the crappy deal with the Chicago show, because I got cabaret tickets to the Nashville show this morning. Very excited! Like many folks, I never thought I'd catch Nez live, let alone twice in such a short span of time.

5. This is good news, because that's what I'm really hoping for. I could possibly do one gig on this list, but it'd be a push to do it. I'm hoping for Rochester/Buffalo/Syracuse, and if not then Toronto/Cleveland/Pittsburgh...any of those work either real well, or fairly well for me...anything else starts getting to be more difficult.

6. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Thu-Mar-21 Nashville, TN
    Sun-Mar-24 Los Angeles CA
    Tue-Mar-26 Santa Cruz CA
    Wed-Mar-27 San Francisco CA
    Fri-Mar-29 Portland OR
    Sat-Mar-30 Seattle WA
    Wed-Apr-03 Boulder CO
    Fri-Apr-05 Minneapolis MN
    Sat-Apr-06 Chicago IL
    Sun-Apr-07 Detroit MI
    Tue-Apr-09 Munhall, PA
    Thu-Apr-11 Northampton, MA
    Fri-Apr-12 Rahway, NJ
    Sat-Apr-13 Boston, MA
    Mon-Apr-15 Philadelphia, PA
    Tue-Apr-16 New York, NY
    Wed-Apr-17 Alexandria VA

Is every show now on sale? Is only Chicago sold out so far?

7. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

A couple posts above, it is noted that the 15th is sold out.

8. KirkK

KirkK Senior Member

Nashville is sold out too.

9. Wade

Wade Well-Known Member

And Nashville just went public yesterday? Wow.

10. deadbirdie

deadbirdie Senior Member

I've decided to take the money I saved on the Nesmith ticket and buy a signed Dolenz photo off eBay :D

Jack likes this.
  11. JuanTCB

JuanTCB Senior Member

Northampton, MA, and Ferndale, MI, are also sold out.

The Ticketmaster page for Rahway has an interactive seat map (which is pretty cool). Orchestra seats are going fast, the Loge seems to be about half sold, and the balcony is largely empty. St. Paul also has the interactive map - the show looks to be about half-sold so far.

And the Orchestra seats at Town Hall are all gone (Loge & Balcony remain).

Not bad for a little over than one month out!

linclink likes this.
  12. More good news in regards to them probably extending the tour...as I've said here before Rahway is the only one that I could remotely make, & that doesn't look good either...
    VERY hopeful that the tour will continue & hopefully hit Rochester/Buffalo/Syracuse areas, but if not, then at least the Toronto/Cleveland/Pittsburgh possibilities...any of those are more doable for me...

13. alamo54us

alamo54us Forum Resident

Sold out in 90 minutes.

14. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

I would hope Ferndale sold out. It only holds like a dozen people. Glad to see the interest in Nesmith nonetheless!

15. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

If anyone here comes into extra Nashville or Chicago tickets, I'm interested. Or if you know where to go to purchase them. I missed the boat.

16. deadbirdie

deadbirdie Senior Member

Chicago is sold out. I think unless you physically steal a ticket from an Old Town member, you're out of luck. As am I :)

17. bluejeanbaby

bluejeanbaby Forum Resident

Not fair about Chicago, barely any to the general public...else I'd be going too! :(
    Are most of the venues small, anyway?

18. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

http://e2.ma/message/ufcxe/yi5gdh

Kinda bummed that I'm not gonna hear "TapiocaTundra" and I didn't really care for the UK intros ... Still glad to be seeing Nez from 3 rows back though ....

19. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

MN ~ "After a flurry of posts last week I think I need to clean up the room a little.

Before I start however here is the press release for the tour that came out this morning:

First -- I have said this before -- I do not have a Twitter account and have no Twitter presence. No one tweets for me (what a phrase!) and I do not tweet -- (another jewel!).

So, quite seriously, if you are following a Twitter-er that says it/she/he is me -- its not. So be wary --"be very ware" as Burton has Bela say.

Second -- I live alone. Though still legally married, I am (sadly) separated from my wife now almost three years. Sorry for the confusion -- where there was any. V has a life of her own and I don't want to confuse the issue here or make things difficult for her -- I mentioned the marriage only in the context of the dating sites, and it seems to have been misunderstood. My apologies and I wont mention it again.

Finally -- the after show receptions are not set yet -- we are planning them for this tour -- and trying to set them up -- but they are proving expensive and a bit hard to manage. So don't make plans yet -- when and if the meetings are set that news will first be posted on Videoranch, then here -- and never on Twitter.

Repeat. I don't have a Twitter account. (ahem)

I will check to see if Dale does -- but I wouldn't think so. She is very private. I bought her some marshmallows to try and she loved them -- but after the fourth or fifth one she started taking them from me and burying them. So far she has the most of the bag buried and she wont tell me where -- however many emails I send her.

I am more excited than ever to be touring and playing -- can hardly wait to see all of you.

Remember -- ignore the Twitter thieves and impostors. They know nothing.

Sorry to be so businesslike this early in the west coast morning -- maybe it was the press release. Like waking up to a splash of cold water."

20. NUNZI

NUNZI Forum Resident

The Union County Arts Center in Rahway, NJ is a wonderful venue that is perfect for this show. Well worth the trip.

21. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Anybody know about how this will be made available? Apparently every show:

"In addition to the regular concert tickets there will be a very limited number of tickets sold for after show receptions where Nesmith will sign autographs, talk with fans, and pose for pictures with them."

22. RichieSnare

RichieSnare Well-Known Member

Michael Nesmith is a great man and songwriter! Can not wait to see him!

23. direwolf-pgh

direwolf-pgh Well-Known Member

tickets are available here. I wanna go but curious what type of show/band to expect. any clues out there?

edit: ok, its a 4 piece band. interesting..
    hmm.. any bets if he'll 'play 'em straight or revamp' the songs.

24. BadJack

BadJack doorman who always high-fives children of divorce

I'm assuming/guessing that it will be similar to the UK shows, only with live drums and a more organic approach. Maybe?

25. direwolf-pgh

direwolf-pgh Well-Known Member

k, i just checked out those setlists. thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.