Might sell up turntable front end and records.............any positive stories.

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Linto, Jul 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Standingstones

Standingstones Forum Resident

I cleaned my vinyl ‘properly.’ There still were pops and ticks. I wanted a noise free environment. CDs gave me that. If you love your vinyl collection and clean the seeds from your pot with the cover, more power to you.

2. eflatminor

eflatminor Forum Resident

Not sure what makes you think I do drugs. I wasn't criticizing you.

Until I heard a record cleaned using a combination of suction and ultrasonic technology, a relatively new development, I too thought pops and ticks were part of the game. They don't have to be. This was the point I wanted to share, while also acknowledging their isn't a darn thing wrong width noise-free digital. It's all good.

3. mkane

mkane Strictly Analog

This can go on and on and on. make up your own mind. Vinyl is King around my house.

4. bluemooze

bluemooze Senior Member

Not in my experience. :)

5. Benjamin Reed

Benjamin Reed Well-Known Member

I have small children so sold my Rega P6 and Exact setup and am very happy with the convenience of Tidal and Mytek Dac.

I think the word Convenience is what it's about and amount of free time. Any hobby is about free time or lack of it.

I wanna hit a button and listen to pretty decent SQ, and use my space wisely.

nightenrock and timind like this.
  6. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member

The best digital can sound as good as excellent vinyl but not a good as sota vinyl with the best pressings and we are talking in the stupid money range.
    However to reach that point in digital playback it takes a lot of money.
    If I had a limited budget, personally I would go with a $1500 DAC rather than an equal priced analog setup, if sound quality was my only concern. Unfortunately, digital is not as much “fun” as hunting records.

bluemooze and plastico like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.