Miles Davis remasters by Mobile Fidelity (2012-?)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Norm Apter, Jul 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. th0m

th0m Forum Resident

Jack Johnson would be so nice...

2. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

:uhhuh: The Japan SACD is fantastic but I would love to hear what Mofi could do with it.

3. Stone Turntable

Stone Turntable Independent Head

You know what would be nice? The mono vinyl Milestones I ordered and paid for in April 2012.

gst510 and wgb113 like this.
  4. Claude

Claude Senior Member

This has been released twice on SACD, but none is multichannel.

http://www.sa-cd.net/showtitle/828
    http://www.sa-cd.net/showtitle/4873

BTW, the second release still seems to be available ($27 from CDJapan)

5. SteelyTom

SteelyTom Forum Resident

RiRiIII likes this.
  6. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

Absolutely marvelous. I avoided to relisten to Sketches of Spain from the Complete Miles And Evans box due to their audio quality that fatigues the ear and mind so easily. Now the Mofi SACD is heaven that this music deserves. Congratulations to MoFi.:)

trumpetplayer likes this.
  7. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Music Direct is shipping the Four and More SACD. My copy shipped yesterday and is slated to arrive Monday.

Jazz Nut likes this.
  8. trumpetplayer

trumpetplayer Senior Member

I'll wait a couple of weeks or more for importcds to get it. It'll be a lot cheaper.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

9. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

I wouldn't be surprised if it's going to be a couple of months instead of weeks...

10. trumpetplayer

It doesn't matter I rather wait and pay under $25 shipped instead of paying $37. Usually the wait is less than a month.

11. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

It seems to take longer for the Analogue Productions Prestige SACDs to appear on ImportCDs' site.

12. trumpetplayer

Yeah those do take quite a while. I'll just wait until there is over a $100 worth of titles that I want so I can get free shipping and they have a 10% off sale at one of the big 3. Most of the time with AP SACDs that's the cheapest option.

13. wgb113

wgb113 Forum Resident

I just noticed Milestones and Round About Midnight are getting Record Store Day releases in mono this year. I wonder if that's why we haven't seen the MoFi vinyl?

Bill

14. tinymontgomery

tinymontgomery Forum Resident

Speakers Corner have reissued it on vinyl.

http://www.diversevinyl.com/item.php?id=5179f189c6664f028bfe1155cf5a4e08

15. Jazz Nut

Jazz Nut Forum Resident

Let us know your impressions. I was about to order this last night, but it looks like the cheapest shipping option was $10.50 or so. Too much for 1 cd... I will have to wait and see if there are other SACD's (that I can't get on Amazon) to fill my order out for free shipping....

16. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

Why not wait until it appears on ImportCDs? Both the SACD and the shipping will be much cheaper.

17. Jazz Nut

Jazz Nut Forum Resident

I have not used ImportCD's, but I know many here are pleased with their service, and prices. I try this retailer. I have seen prices $5-7 cheaper compared to Music Direct.

18. Jazz Nut

Jazz Nut Forum Resident

Thanks for the recommendation.

19. john greenwood

john greenwood Senior Member

I have used them. Apart from occasionally pokey delivery (not really their fault) service has been good as has the price.

20. Gary Freed

Gary Freed Forum Resident

I have a bunch of the Columbia Jazz Masterpieces and was never thrilled with the SQ with the exception of Some Day My Prince Will Come which I like better than the Analogue Productions release.

21. Stone Turntable

Stone Turntable Independent Head

Wow, kind of freaky to see after waiting (and still waiting) nearly a year for the Mofi mono vinyl Milestones. These RSD releases are also individually numbered, but haven't been able to find out yet whose pressing this is.

22. wgb113

wgb113 Forum Resident

I assume the same as the Black Friday RSD releases of Miles Ahead, Sketches, and Porgy & Bess? I have all three and they sound fanastic. My only comparisons are a noisy P&B original mono and the 20-Bit CD remaster of SOS in stereo.

Bill

23. Drexler_McStyles

Drexler_McStyles Active Member

I was just told on the MOFI facebook page that the Kind of Blue SACD wont be released until the end of the year!? Good lord, its taking them 2 YEARS to get that thing done? I wish they would just announce titles like 3 months before theyre released. Its just goofy the way that they currently do it.

24. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

Wasn't Steamin' announced for SACD, or am I mistaken?

25. MrRom92

MrRom92 Forum Supermodel

It's my only version of Bitches Brew, so I can't compare it to anything else, but when played back in stereo it's a bit thin and phasey sounding in spots. I can't say if the standard stereo mix sounds this way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.