Misprints on CDs

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jjm905, May 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjm905

jjm905 The Hat Thread Starter

This isn't really that important, but just something that I'm wondering about. I'd like to know if some of these mistakes that are present on CDs that I own are present on all other copies of the same as well, or if they've been corrected.

Examples:

My Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young "Déjà Vu" CD prints the title track as "DÈJ`~ VU" in the bottom red section on the CD (it's the remaster).

CSNY's "So Far" credits Woodstock in the booklet to "Jone Mitchell" (also the remaster).

The essay in the booklet of The Allman Brothers Band's "a decade of hits 1969-1979" has a blank space where "Enlightened Rogues" should be.

My original MCA CD of "Who Are You" repeats the number 3 in its tracklist on the back cover and in the booklet, looking like "3. 3.905" instead of "3. 905", but I think it's correct on the CD itself.

2. jjm905

And on "Venus and Mars", "Spiris Of Ancient Egypt" occasionally appears as "Spirits Or Ancient Egypt" throughout the packaging (back cover, booklet, etc.), although it is correct in some places.

Galaga King likes this.
  3. jjm905

I just saw a scan online of a GEMA/BIEM "Deja Vu" CD and it has the error as well.

4. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

I have the Lemon Pipers Colden Classics CD from 1993 on the Collectables label. Everything is OK other than the fact that the disc label is pressed with Barbara George: I Know (You Don't Love Me Anymore). Weird. No biggie, it has the music of the Lemon Pipers which is all I care about. Their artwork and packaging was terrible during that time anyways. They have improved over the years though.

Anthony

5. jjm905

Oh, and in The Kinks package "Greatest Hits 1970-1986", the "Celluloid Heroes" disc and the "Come Dancing" disc are swapped (the one that says one thing plays the other). This appears to be confirmed on allmusic too, check out the track timings.

6. SecondHandNews

SecondHandNews Forum Resident

The original Rolling Stones Abkco CD of December's Children lists their hit as "Get Of Of My Cloud".

Get of!:)

InStepWithTheStars likes this.
  7. heatherly

heatherly Well-Known Member

The back page of the booklet of the US "From Elvis In Memphis" has "Gentle on my mind" listed as "Gentle On The Mind". Was this error also on the LP?

8. Khojem

Khojem Forum Resident

"You're just gentle on the miiiiiinnd.":laugh:

9. deville

deville Forum Resident

My Abbey Road CD says: Octopu's Garden

10. budlyte

budlyte Forum Resident

I had a copy of Rhino's The Best of England Dan & JFC that had a picture of the Bellamy Brothers on the back card.

Galaga King likes this.
  11. kelhard

kelhard Forum Resident

Its a good thing song #1 wasn't listed as "Cum Together"......:laugh:

Galaga King likes this.
  12. Calico

Calico Senior Member

Paul McCartney's "Tug Of War" 1993 remaster : "PRODUCED BY GEORGE MART"

Galaga King likes this.
  13. JQW

JQW Forum Resident

Island's 1989 Fairport Convention CDs were full of errors. Unhalfbricking's back cover had at least two titles incorrectly spelt, whilst Liege & Lief had the album title listed as Liege & Life on the spine, and had a photograph of the wrong band line-up in the booklet.

14. strider

strider New Member

The CD version of War Heroes I have spells Jimi's first name "Jimmi" on the spine.

15. jjm905

I've also seen on the spine of a Beach Boys CD: "Greatest Hits Volume Trhee: Best of the Brother Years 1970-1986". I've also seen pressings with the title corrected (Trhee->Three).

16. GowG

GowG Forum Resident

Pretty brutal misprint on the new SACD/DVD from Genesis 70-75 boxset, on Nursery Cryme is written Nursery Crime, though it's grammatically correct, it's wrong album title

17. Matty

Matty Senior Member

I just noticed that a few weeks ago, after owning the CD for about 15 years!

On the spine of one of my Who CDs (I think it's the Sell Out remaster), the band's name is spelled with a zero instead of the letter O. It's obvious because of the O in the album title. For some reason it drives me batty.

Galaga King and Man at C&A like this.
  18. rudiger

rudiger Well-Known Member

On the spine of the slipcase version of the CD "All the roadrunning" (Mark Knopfler & Emmylou Harris) you can read Marc Knopfler

19. Pseudonym

Pseudonym Senior Member

The 1987 Capitol CD (and maybe other editions) of The Dark Side of the Moon has a pedant-enraging misprint on the lyric to "Money":

"Get a good job with more pay and your O.K."

It makes me wince.

Galaga King likes this.
  20. mr_mjb1960

mr_mjb1960 I'm a Tarrytowner 'Til I die!

CD Review (in 1990) reported in their magazine that a Lady bought a Lawrence Welk CD,took it home..then,she discovered to her horror,that the CD was Actually KISS,Not Welk! How's THAT For Misprint?:laugh:

InStepWithTheStars and impalaboy like this.
  21. jjm905

"THE WHO" is spelled as "THE WH0" on the '95 CDs. It's on A Quick One, The Who Sell Out, and Live at Leeds. It was corrected in '96 starting with the release of Tommy.

22. Matty

Matty Senior Member

Kinda shocking that such an error would be made in a reissue series that otherwise is so impressively error-free. But I can live with a misprint -- at least they didn't make any factual mistakes in the liner notes, or substitute an outtake for a 45 version, or leave off one channel from a track, or anything like that.

:D

23. jjm905

Not quite. On "Odds & Sods", the version of Young Man Blues included is not the studio version from "The House That Track Built" that it claims to be, and Under My Thumb is missing the lead guitar. The '95 "The Who Sell Out" has a few errors that were corrected when the deluxe edition was released, since it virtually uses the same essay. In the '95 CD, "Fiddle About" was mis-referred to as "Uncle Ernie", and the alternate "Mary Ann with the Shaky Hand" is not the b-side version that is claimed, it's the "Mirasound" version.

24. jjm905

"Time Is Passing" actually does have one channel left off (it's in mono, from only one channel of the original source), but it's because the tape was damaged.

25. Matty

Matty Senior Member

I think I can guess where the 905 in jjm905 comes from.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.