Mobile Fidelity Vinyl One Step of SANTANA, BILL EVANS TRIO, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Drew769, Dec 1, 2015.

1. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

My abraxas set arrived today against the odds, as Phil Collins would say :)

Number 2001, will post the box pic later for those counting. Looking forward to this. Looks like I got my foot in before the door closed on this one!

Adamski777 likes this.
  2. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

Absolutely. I used to have the Analogue Productions 45 rpm Riverside box set but sold it because I didn't listen to it regularly. This title was the one out of the box that received regular play. Looking forward to hearing the one step treatment.

3. abor1g

abor1g Forum Resident

in
    yes and no
    yes because it's the french customs
    no because if the package goes with usps and with a reasonable price announced, i'll not pay any customs.
    for strange reasons, ( oh nononono iwon't cheat ... ) some us merchants will always put real price when some others will go on customer's side.

4. abor1g

abor1g Forum Resident

what interest in this as we already got this with the Fantasy first set made by Acoustech .....

5. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

You need to vote for politicians that won't put taxes on those things. We don't have that over here. I get packages from Europe for $4. shipping and no tax.

Tremaindous likes this.
  6. abor1g

abor1g Forum Resident

Japanese are clever as they always are on customer's side ...
    they are customer oriented in the best way.

7. abor1g

abor1g Forum Resident

and companies who pay their duties ... like Amazon , Apple, Ebay ....

8. Andy Pandy

Andy Pandy Forum Resident

Now I'm gonna break the seal of my Abraxas. The question is how much I "lose" by doing it. Hopefully what I "lose" in potential financial gain I will "win" in listening experience.

Bigbudukks likes this.
  9. abor1g

abor1g Forum Resident

if you order from me - who knows ... :) - you will pay for a normal shipping fare, not 4$ but 7 euros for a cd is possible ....

10. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

It's going to be difficult to better the previous AP 45, but those are hard and expensive to come by, so it will largely be a new round of buyers who didn't have access to the AP version, completists, and they-call-them-"Flippers".

11. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

The thought of how much will I be losing never crossed my mind. I opened my copy straight away. I didn't buy it to supplement my income.

12. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

If France didn't have those duties Amazon, Apple, Ebay...wouldn't pay any duties.

13. Andy Pandy

Andy Pandy Forum Resident

Neither did I. I've never bought a record with the intention to supplement my income and I rarely sell any of my records. Only exceptions have been when people have reached out to me on Discogs asking me to sell specific rarities that I've not cared that much about. But in this case the value increase is absurd.

14. Bob J

Bob J Forum Resident

My copy of "Abraxas" is #1560.

15. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

Wont have a lot of time to listen to this Santana set until the weekend :( I also ordered the Speakers Corner Santana - Caravanseri aswell, so it will be interesting to see how that stacks up aswell. Anyone else have that?

16. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

I cut the side and just slid it off to check for faults then slid it back. I always do that now as it keeps the boxsets nice.

17. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

18. AnalogJ

Honestly, not by much. Some people won't buy sealed records from individuals because if it turns out to be a defective copy, they have nowhere to turn.

19. AnalogJ

Hey, I got MoFi copy #2604!!

But it's of Patricia Barber's A Distortion Of Love. :tiphat:

I just got it today as part of a shipment. It was half-price at Music Direct. I opened it a little while ago and discovered that the label on side 2 (of the 1st disc) is off-center enough that the dead wax groove rides right through it. This will be going back for an exchange. I hope that MD will just send me another copy of disc 1. What's with the QC at RTI?

20. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

Ive had quite a few off centre labels from RTI recently, dont know whats going on there. And some of these were on Mofi releases...

honestabe316 likes this.
  21. rollo5

rollo5 Forum Reprobate

I had a copy but much preferred the original US pressing in comparison. Surprised me as I normally like stuff from SC.

22. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

23. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

:(

24. AnalogJ

2001? Now that's a space odyssey.

richbdd01 and honestabe316 like this.
  25. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

For anyone who is interested, Scott Nangle now has the Santana set for £499 :yikes: