Mobile Fidelity Vinyl One Step of SANTANA, BILL EVANS TRIO, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Drew769, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Tremaindous

Tremaindous Forum Resident

I've never been charged prior to shipping notification for the last 10 years for any Music Direct preorder. Guess it depends on your history, etc.

MikeJedi likes this.
  2. Tremaindous

Tremaindous Forum Resident

Mike - Call and tell/ask them to bill you when they are ready to ship.

MikeJedi likes this.
  3. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

Cool thanks guys ;)

4. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

I have also called and told them to bill you when mine is ready to ship. No problem.

honestabe316 likes this.
  5. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

Ordered on the phone nice dude .. Got the 20 percent off the billy Joel greatest hits LP set and pre ordered the Nightfly Got the free shipping and they won't be charged until they ship!! Thanks guys ! I usually order on the website I may just order from the phone from now on to get those discounts as the web doesn't always give it to ya;)

Slick Willie likes this.
  6. Slick Willie

Slick Willie Decisively Indecisive

Yep, I always call no matter what I'm ordering.

MikeJedi likes this.
  7. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

So, it seems Soundstage Direct is having a little sweepstakes this weekend and one of the prizes is the Bill Evans One Step. I wasn't sure about buying this one so I passed. If I was meant to have one maybe I'll win it. If not congratulations to whoever does. Free to enter BTW.

MikeJedi likes this.
  8. Jelloza

Jelloza My hard drive is full of vinyl

Back up on the Mofi site: Donald Fagen - The Nightfly (Numbered Limited Edition UltraDisc One-Step 45rpm Vinyl 2LP Box Set) - PREORDER

"Fagen's solo debut reaches three-dimensional sonic and emotional heights never before attained on Mobile Fidelity's opulent UD1S (UltraDisc One-Step) box set. Strictly limited to 6,000 numbered copies, this ultra-hi-fi collector's edition literally and figuratively brings you closer to music that picks up where Steely Dan's Gaucho leaves off. You'll enjoy deep-black backgrounds, boundless soundstaging, pointillist details, staggering dynamics, and arguably, the most lifelike tonalities and nuances ever committed to vinyl. Experienced via UD1S, The Nightfly places Fagen and his session pros in your listening room. Every note, breath, and movement is reproduced with exquisite accuracy, wowing clarity, and impeccable balance. Consider this edition your new go-to reference."

9. Johan1880

Johan1880 Forum Resident

One thing I particularly like about my Bill Evans is the plain white 'ad free' inner sleeves. I always feel the standard color saturated Mofi inners don't match with the original artwork. They did this from their early days but in B/W it's not so offensive. Would be great if Mofi would sell the white inners separately.

10. Peter M

Peter M Forum Resident

Abraxas #0785 arrived today.

Starting with the beginning cymbals, the sonics are remarkable. The guitar amp is in the room. Vinyl is dead quiet.

It is a very expensive secondary market, but it was worth it to hear one of the standout albums from the 70's get the benefit of this pressing process.

Dmann201, AnalogJ, pinkrudy and 2 others like this.
  11. Guy from Ohio

Guy from Ohio Senior Member

Which would mean no detail at all below a certain point size

[​IMG]

the comparison of digital recording to pointillism is a good one

[​IMG]

I hope that was just dumb advertising.

The point to pointillism is not to see the tiny details

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  12. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

I heard a commercial today that used the Harry Nilsson song Jump into the Fire off the Schmilsson album and thought .... that would make a great One-Step release. Then I thought, they may actually do that title in One-step. That would be a crazy good title to do.

Cassius and soundQman like this.
  13. giantleech

giantleech Lord of all fevers and plagues

:thumbsup:

14. Blue Cactus

Blue Cactus Forum Resident

Actually, Analogue Productions has their eye on Nilsson Schmilsson as a 2 X 45 rpm release. There has been a delay since Sony Music has reissued their own (33 1/3) release recently.

soundQman and dkurtis like this.
  15. Cassius

Cassius On The Beach

The Doug Sax TML original is proof that there's plenty of sonic meat on those bones, an inspired choice that I would order on day one. The 1/2 step MFSL uptown toodeloo could bring some well needed quiet backgrounds to the proceedings.

Tommyboy, rollo5, dkurtis and 2 others like this.
  16. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Forum Resident

:righton:

nitsuj and Cassius like this.
  17. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

I would be really happy if Analogue Productions would release it. I would buy both if MFSL did it also.

18. Blue Cactus

Blue Cactus Forum Resident

So would I.

In the meanwhile, the Sony Legacy vinyl ain't bad.

19. Flynnrd

Flynnrd New Member

A Bill Evans just sold for $1 on eBay. MoFi, and those of you looking for a copy, might want to take note. Entering an auction could work out!

sonofjim and RiRiIII like this.
  20. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Link

Twinsfan007 likes this.
  21. Twinsfan007

Twinsfan007 Forum Resident

I just searched ebay for "Bill Evans" and nothing came up selling for $1 today.

22. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Not surprised.:rolleyes:

23. AnalogJ

The Sony being digitally remastered.

24. AnalogJ

I searched 'Completed Auctions'. Nada. Here's the search. Perhaps there was an auction with a Reserve that started at $1 and no one won it.

bill evans sunday mobile | eBay

25. Piero

Piero Forum Resident