Mobile Fidelity Vinyl One Step of SANTANA, BILL EVANS TRIO, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Drew769, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Bobsblkwax

Bobsblkwax Forum Resident

Maybe not 2018, but that's what I got.

2. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

Thanks. Well, just as expected.

3. Rkellner

Rkellner Forum Resident

The possibility of Dylan One Steps may clear up the mystery of no Blonde on Blonde mono for MFSL

4. Diskhound

Diskhound Forum Resident

Well, I wish he would have actually corrected his review of "In Step". In the review, he trashes the pressing and describes it as unlistenable. Only to admit in the comments section after being challenged that he actually "exaggerated" to make a point. Of course, the point he wanted to make was that the album was digitally recorded. BTW, the 45 RPM pressing sounds pretty darn fine to these ears.

5. giantleech

giantleech Lord of all fevers and plagues

It's too bad that the time length of By The Time I Get To Phoenix on Hot Buttered Soul renders that album not suitable for the 2x45 rpm UD1S treatment (unless they simply compromised and 1-stepped that final track as a 33 1/3 rpm side 4, which In my mind is a great solution and yes, I'd buy that UD1S title in a heartbeat.) :thumbsup:

6. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Looked everywhere and couldn' find one iota of info on one-stop SRV albums.

Anybody have a link I could check out?

7. Hgavinyl

Hgavinyl Forum Resident

Maybe it can become a candidate for UHQR if that series quality compares to UD1S

8. Hgavinyl

Hgavinyl Forum Resident

I'd be down for those!

FashionBoy and Bigbudukks like this.
  9. MOON

MOON Forum Resident

I ordered my Stevie Ray 1 steps today and they said BOTR will be spring 2018, Texas Flood - Fall 2018 and Couldn't Stand the Weather in 2019. Dylan and Marvin Gay must be way out there time wise.

10. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

Well, since the cat’s out of the bag, I’ll confirm that I was told about What’s Going On and Blood on the Tracks. But I was told they aren’t available for preorder.

11. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

That kinda sucks. We already have great re-masters for those titles. Some old crap and pay $100. MFSL you're starting to lose me.

Tommyboy, Paully, musictoad and 4 others like this.
  12. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Honestly, this has been going on for a long time. All of these companies have pretty much the same pattern:

1) Put out the usuals that are great titles and put them out over and over with some sort of "upgrade". Which mostly amounts to a different flavor.

2) In between the redo put out some cheaper more easily liscensed titles. Mostly stuff that if folks were honest with themselves they dont even listen to and simply have because its connected to the audiophile collection.

3) Rinse and repeat

The only good thing about this is that there are many folks who didnt get the latest greatest mastering of ________. So the opportunity is there.

Yet, we still have to settle for an ok remaster of say David Bowie's Hunky Dory instead of the mastering that was used on the EMI Centennial lp being available for everyone that would like to have it.

Nothing revalatory about the above, but it really is a silly game.

Tullman likes this.
  13. Gabe Walters

I missed out on MOFI’s What’s Going On, and I don’t have it on vinyl, so I’m happy.

I remember at least a few folks being disappointed with MOFI’s Blood on the Tracks, both compared to original pressings and that it was at 33 rpm, so there may be room for improvement there.

I’m excited.

stenway and giantleech like this.
  14. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I'm not.

15. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

Here's to What's Going On since I missed it the first time too .. ;) cool beans !!

giantleech and Gabe Walters like this.
  16. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

I would be in for a 1 step 2x45 BOTT. The 33 MOFI is excellent imo.

17. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Yet, there is a great (and probably the best mastering) of Whats Going On that is a repress from the 70s. Sure, it may take a bit of effort to find it in NM condition, but the mastering isnt scarce.

Not trying to be discouraging and I am as guilty of buying redo titles as anyone, but it really is silly.

Ill sound contradictory once again: I am thankful to mfsl. If it werent for them I doubt Id have those wonderful Frank Sinatra titles. But as for the repeated titles over and over...no thanks.

Now, that would be one helluva one step... In The Wee Small Hours.

18. Lovealego

Lovealego Senior Member

What are side breaks in What’s Going on going to be like? Is there a break in sound?

19. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

That would be cool if they ever do a Sinatra one step ! One can hope right ? ;)

kronning and FashionBoy like this.
  20. giantleech

giantleech Lord of all fevers and plagues

I'm in for a UD1S/1-Step 4x45 Self Portrait box. Note: I'm not kidding. :thumbsup:

nfmboss666 and RobCos02330 like this.
  21. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

There will be a 125th Anniversary set that will come with a paperhat cutout powder blue fedora and an authentic reproduction plastic whiskey snifter with the logo in blue (to match the paper hat color) that says "Swing Is Not A Crime".

MikeJedi and AnalogJ like this.
  22. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

Which is the great remaster for What's Going On?

23. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

$300

GentleSenator likes this.
  24. Jimijam

Jimijam Forum Resident

Isn’t there a Bill Evans planned in there to somewhere? Which is the one along with bridge Iam looking most forward to.

25. Gabe Walters

Yeah, Portrait in Jazz. The rep I spoke to said that Bridge Over Troubled Water is next, and then after that, he didn't know the order of release.

FashionBoy and Jimijam like this.