Mobile Fidelity Vinyl One Step of SANTANA, BILL EVANS TRIO, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Drew769, Dec 1, 2015.

1. lpfreak1170

lpfreak1170 Senior Member

Best to buy BOTW at music direct or mofi.com?

2. Sam

Sam Senior Member

Either one. All the same company

lpfreak1170 likes this.
  3. lpfreak1170

lpfreak1170 Senior Member

Thanks. Put in my order at MD.

4. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

There's another copy available at Music Direct, I just cancelled my order. Enjoy.

5. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Sheesh MD/MFSL doesn't even have these titles listed yet. What the hell is this all about.

6. Guss2

Guss2 Senior Member

Tull, these titles were divulged to people calling about BOTW, and could be preordered over the phone. They are: Stevie Ray Vaughan - Couldn’t Stand The Weather, Stevie Ray Vaughan - Texas Flood, Bob Dylan - Blood On The Tracks, Bill Evans Trio - Portrait In Jazz, and Marvin Gaye - What’s Going On. I have them all on preorder, so give them a call if you're interested.

bajaed likes this.
  7. Sam

Sam Senior Member

??? Why? The wait too long for you?

8. Myke

Cancelled order.

Priorities.

Tommyboy likes this.
  9. Sam

Sam Senior Member

I hear ya. $100 is not chump change. It all depends on how much you love the title in question, and as you stated, priorities. I'm hoping that, like the other one step releases, the sound is SO good that I'll feel the $100 spent was a bargain, and secondly that due to positive responses, the value goes up if I do decide to sell it. Really, with these things, it seems kind of like a win-win situation. I don't see how anyone can really "lose" money on a one step release, even an open one.

10. Myke

Well, I would have to sell it online for starters. No one around here (Nashville) would give me it's actual value in person, not even Grimey's. Second, then I open myself up to unscrupulous characters who can claim it never arrived, that the tracking is lying, it was damaged, and on, and on, and on. No thanks.
    The most valuable item I've ever sold online was a 2 track Wish You Were Here CD, and I was a nervous wreck until the buyer ( a member here ) assured me it had arrived, and he was beyond happy.
    I'm retired, on a pension, and at nearly 60, know my limitations in this life.
    I've got Abraxas. It's a favorite album of my son's, so I'm certain it will likely be kept, long after I'm gone.

Tommyboy likes this.
  11. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Thanks for the list. I just wonder why Music Direct is taking orders by word of mouth, rather than just listing the item on their website.

AshS likes this.
  12. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

They told me some of them might not make it to production. Wouldn't say which one(s).

13. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

True. I just don't like this policy. Realistically, a title could be sold out before it was even listed.

14. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

I think they’d probably stop taking phone pre-orders if they thought that was at risk of happening. It would cause bad feelings.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  15. Sam

Sam Senior Member

Yeah, like they would care. Why should they? They would throw a party! Can you imagine if word of mouth sells out an lp even BEFORE it was "officially" announced. I believe the old UHQR of Dark Side of the Moon did just that. Gone before it really was known. It would be funny though if they had such positive phone response on a title that they couldn't actually get! lol.

Mr. Explorer and Tullman like this.
  16. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

I would be shocked if any of the above titles will be issued this year.

17. James Bennett

James Bennett Forum Resident

• Sorry, the following item is currently out of stock: Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water 180g 45RPM 2LP Box Set PREORDER

18. musictoad

musictoad Forum Resident

I just ordered two from Music Direct.

James Bennett likes this.
  19. James Bennett

James Bennett Forum Resident

Interesting. They must have separate stock for both Music Direct and MOFI.

20. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

21. Bob J

Bob J Forum Resident

What the hell...I just went for it and and my order went through.

22. Sam

Sam Senior Member

Looks like it's close to sold out.

rollo5 likes this.
  23. rollo5

rollo5 Forum Reprobate

Any news from the rumor mill regarding the release date for BOTW?

24. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I doubt we will know anything for sure until people see their credit cards charged.

rollo5 likes this.
  25. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Music Direct still has them for sale, and the listing mentions nothing about supplies running low.

rollo5 likes this.