Mobile Fidelity Vinyl One Step of SANTANA, BILL EVANS TRIO, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Drew769, Dec 1, 2015.

1. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

So I haven't received any shipping confirmation or credit card charge on my S&G One-Step yet.
    I ordered mine on December 11.

2. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

MFSL has been close to six months between one step's, so we may be getting close.

3. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

I did the old put gobs in your cart to see how many are left trick the other day. Got up to 500 before I stopped.

So unless that little trick doesnt work, there are many left.

4. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Was this at MD?

5. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Maybe one in December.

6. David P. Hill

Anyone know the definite release?
    M.D.- June 29
    AS - June 28
    SD - June 28
    ED - June 2
    Import - June 29

7. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Yes sir

8. David P. Hill

Hey, my mistake! I have been texting on another thread about the new issue on the BS box set release date, just realized I was on the S&G MFSL One Step lp thread. Sorry about that members! Will a Gort please delete this, if you haven't already? Thanks!

9. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

You could always try another item that you know they don't have 500 of, and see what happens.

10. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

True.

11. David P. Hill

On MD, I put in 600 items, almost 60,000.00. No out of stock. On Mobile Fidelity, I added 100, "out of stock" appeared.

12. Sam

Sam Senior Member

The mofi.com site is sold out. So I assume that since it and Music Direct are one in the same, that would indicate that all are gone. Now maybe Music Direct is keeping a few more for their actual site, but it makes no sense to not have copies available on the mofi.com site if both businesses are one.

13. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

They share a parent owner, but they're run separately. Don't assume "because one, then the other". Samsung now owns Harmon Karden, Intl. That means that McIntosh is now owned by Samsung. Can you infer what that means for McInstosh? I know we're not exactly talking apples and pick your other fruit since with MoFi and MD, we're ultimately talking about the same product, but MD may have been guaranteed a number by MoFi and they haven't reached it yet.

14. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

They're separate entities. Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab, Inc., is an Illinois corporation. Audiophile Music Direct, Inc., d/b/a Music Direct, is a Nevada corporation with a presence in Chicago. They are both owned by Jim Davis, who is also the registered agent for service of process in Illinois.
    Technically speaking, they don't appear to be owned by a parent corporation, unless I'm missing something. They share the same owner, but I don't think an individual person is typically referred to as a parent of corporations. /pedant

markmck79 likes this.
  15. AnalogJ

They're both owned by Jim Davis, but Acoustic Sounds and Analogue Productions are run separately. Chad Kassem might open up buying direct from AP someday, but MoFi is a production house and so is Analogue Productions. They're competitors.

16. Gabe Walters

Not sure what Chad Kassem/Acoustic Sounds/Analogue Productions has to do with my post above.

17. AnalogJ

Just saying that they are distinct entities with distinct missions.

18. Gabe Walters

Sure, but we’re talking about Jim Davis/MOFI/Music Direct. Just seems a non sequitur; I’m not seeing the relevance to the conversation about availability of this title from mofi.com and musicdirect.com.

19. AnalogJ

Don't worry about it.

Saul Goodman

20. Sam

Sam Senior Member

Getting back to the conversation, it would "appear" that Music Direct has copies for sale, but the mofi site, owned by the same guy, lists them as out of stock. And no reference on the mofi site to seeking out a copy at the Music Direct site. Crazy way to run a business if you ask me. Let's see, someone has cash in hand and goes to the mofi site, only to "think" that they are all sold out as due to the out of stock message. The site just lets the customer walk away. Crazy!

giantleech likes this.
  21. AnalogJ

Again, separately run businesses. Might be a tax reason for that. Davis is keeping them separate for a reason. But MoFi is a producer of goods that has a sales component. MD is a middleman retailer. They get a larger designated allotment than AS and SSD, that's clear.

I also think that those who purchase these records are aware of the major outlets.

22. Sam

Sam Senior Member

My goodness, here it is May 18th and no word on the S&G mofi release. What the heck are they waiting for? Christmas?!

rollo5 likes this.
  23. mkane

mkane Strictly Analog

Patience

AtlTrav likes this.
  24. AtlTrav

AtlTrav Forum Resident

Yeah, like we don't have hundreds or thousands of records to listen to in the meantime lol.

Tommyboy likes this.
  25. Tremaindous

Tremaindous Forum Resident

I remember waiting for the MFSL 45rpm version of Miles Davis' Kind of Blue. My Music Direct order history shows my November 2011 order date and September 2015 shipping date, almost four years. I didn't worry about delivery. It doesn't matter to me if S&G ships in October 2018. I just want it delivered when I'm not on vacation. Yes, I'm relaxed and enjoying my other records.

rxcory likes this.