Mobile Fidelity Vinyl One Step of SANTANA, BILL EVANS TRIO, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Drew769, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Guss2

Guss2 Senior Member

I'm a glass is half full kind of guy, sorry I'm just weird like that.

Mr. Explorer and Twinsfan007 like this.
  2. teag

teag Forum Resident

Just joking! Try some humor in that half glass!

:)

audiotom and Guss2 like this.
  3. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

LOL. When I placed my pre-order for the 5 remaining titles that have been announced, I was told I could have them shipped as they are released, or hold the order until all 5 were available. I laughed and said, if I did that I wouldn't see my order for 10 years or more. The guy who took my order didn't laugh, but said "You could be right about that". LOL

4. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I don't think MFSL has committed to any number of titles for the next release. So, I wonder if MFSL we'll be offering 7500 copies for each of the next titles. We'll see once they are listed.

FashionBoy likes this.
  5. Angel66

Angel66 Forum Resident

I ordered mine via phone early December and went from Backordered to Shippable to Shipped (with tracking) with the past week.

Guitarded likes this.
  6. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

I opened my copy. My individual LP covers have the reverse measles look, with small blotches of white. Funny that only the two panels that face each other have this issue. Music Direct will be getting a call tomorrow.

randy9700 likes this.
  7. Matt Starr

Matt Starr Forum Troglodyte

Sorry to hear that. How are the LPs themselves?

8. AnalogJ

Thanks.

I haven't looked at the discs, themselves, yet. The listening comes tomorrow.

Matt Starr likes this.
  9. rollo5

rollo5 Forum Reprobate

not true, at least according to their sales dept. They said they are quite aware of their titles taking ages to release and it's expected to have to contact customers for updated CC info.

mpayan, markmck79 and Myke like this.
  10. Sam

Sam Senior Member

I have mine. 0196 and an upper 2000 number. ( in bed now and forgot the exact number.) I opened upper number and all is fine with sleeves and albums. I did a shootout with my Classic 33 rpm version. Check my profile for a list of my equipment, if anyone is interested. One Step up first. Quiet vinyl. Very clear view into the piano intro. Art's voice hangs slightly right of center. Soundstage wide and HIGH. Instruments are presented with a clear view-not bright but clean. This is confirmed when switching to the highly regarded Classic pressing. The picture is not so clean, and the height of the soundstage has been lowered. Various songs stand out on the one step. The last two minutes of The Boxer are alone worth the price of admission. The height and width of the sonic spread are unequaled on any version I've heard. And there's little congestion as the music gets louder. The same with Baby Driver. Going back to the Classic shows while it was great at the time, the one step is a new game altogether. I almost always skipped over the song Bye, Bye Love due to the bright crowd recording. Ready for a treat? I thought I was in the audience. Damn good. These are my preliminary thoughts. I will be spinning it again and will continue to compare.

11. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I listened. This record is the definitive release of this title.

12. SoundDoctor

SoundDoctor Forum Resident

I think I have to break down and buy it now. Haven't seen a negative review so far...

Mr. Explorer and FashionBoy like this.
  13. SoundDoctor

SoundDoctor Forum Resident

How so? Can you give more info about your comparisons?

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  14. AnalogJ

Well, now I can't wait until I can do my listening session tomorrow.

15. Blue Cactus

Blue Cactus Forum Resident

Probably Jim Davis did.

markmck79 likes this.
  16. By my powers of suggestion from my review, lol. Seriously, there's just some favorable characteristics the sound aquire's from this treatment that truly seem to be exclusive, and unmatched by other pressings. This is Corvette. The other pressings are suped up Camaros and Mustangs. Awesome rides, but no Corvette.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  17. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

You're in for a treat.
    This disc sounds amazing.

Tullman likes this.

18. I'm waiting with bated breath . . .

19. Ricardo Cosinaro

Ricardo Cosinaro Forum Resident

Just received an email from MD that my credit card info needed to be updated. (Not sure why - it hasn't changed since I placed the order.) Anyway, a quick call to MD customer service and it is all sorted out. The box will ship today or tomorrow. :goodie:

20. teag

teag Forum Resident

Out for delivery today..!

21. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

22. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Yes, there is something about the one step process that makes them stand out from other pressings. It's really a shame that more and more titles are not done with this process.

The opening piano on BOTW sounded more like a piano, better than other pressings I have, including the CR 45rpm. The music just jumped off of this pressing. I heard subtleties in the mix I hadn't heard before.

23. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I know 7500 records is a huge amount to sell, but I think once word get out these will sell out sooner than later. If you're on the fence about this title, I wouldn't wait too much longer.

audiotom and SoundDoctor like this.
  24. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

My lp2 had the one step shuffle, as well. I called MD, and got a cold response from Rodrigo. He told me to send pictures -bye. Email said, Please respond with pictures. That was it, very curt. Rodrigo must have had a few of these calls by time I talked to him.

25. John D.

John D. Senior Member

Are you referring to LP covers with defective printing? I was under the impression we would be getting Quality Control up the Ying Yang at this price level? and others are reporting the same defects, what gives? including Rodrigo.

Mr. Explorer likes this.