Mobile Fidelity Vinyl One Step of SANTANA, BILL EVANS TRIO, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Drew769, Dec 1, 2015.

1. honestabe316

honestabe316 Analog Rebel

R.I.P. KOFI Annan

OptimisticGoat and AnalogJ like this.
  2. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

Amen :cry:

3. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Yes, RIP

4. honestabe316

Maybe a tad off subject but
    I would jump up and down with joy if a One-Step pressing of Lou Reed's "Rock & Roll animal" were announced as a One-step.....It was recorded well and it is a blazing showcase of Dick Wagner & Steve Hunters Epic, collaborative (and equally talented) dual guitar assault, tempered by Lou's precise and concise attempts at singing (which he admits/admitted that he really cant.....

I would gladly for over double the cost of your average One-Step.....

5. Newguy444

Newguy444 Forum Resident

This really pisses me off. MOFI shouldn't bother with a dedicated online store if their musicdirect operation is gong to send out orders first. Never again am I ordering from these jokers.

6. Guss2

Guss2 Senior Member

So because you have to wait longer than others, but still have a copy coming, you won't order from these jokers again.:crazy::unhunh::laughup:

7. Newguy444

Newguy444 Forum Resident

That is correct. Not knowing all the history between these two companies, I mistakenly thought ordering direct from mofi - the source - would have meant I would get the copy right away, as soon as it came out as the middle man is cut out. I even prepaid. Instead, people who ordered after me on musicdirect have their copies in hand and I don't.

8. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

I would be pissed too!

9. Guss2

Guss2 Senior Member

It's the first time you've ordered from them, live and learn. Next time, now you know what to do. Writing them off completely seems extreme just because others got theirs first.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  10. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

After watching Michael Fremer's interview and filmed tour of Music Direct offices and their warehouse, I would agree with you. Why would Music Direct / MoFi have two identical warehouses and shipping facilities? Music Direct's shipping facility is a beast.

Tour Music Direct's Chicago Warehouse With MD's Josh Bizar

11. John D.

John D. Senior Member

On previous one steps, people that ordered from Mobile Fidelity got all of the lowest numbered box sets. You might still have something to look forward to. :agree:

AnalogJ likes this.
  12. Newguy444

Newguy444 Forum Resident

I don't know about that. Another poster said mofi already got a shipment and they are awaiting more stock. Why would the second batch have lower numbers?

13. DrewBdewBdew

DrewBdewBdew Well-Known Member

I ordered one from MOFI on Jan 18. Did anyone else order from them near that date and what # did you get if I may ask?

14. AnalogJ

Wouldn't tri-annually be once every three years?

15. Mean Dorris

Mean Dorris Well-Known Member

Have you got in touch with them to query / complain?

I will follow up with them and express my disatisfaction...

16. Mean Dorris

Mean Dorris Well-Known Member

Jan 19th. A no number as haven't got them. And no ETA.

Assuming you have got yours?

17. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

I thought Mo-fi ordering was the same as Music Direct. Surely the same company would not have two seperate supply operations? I ordered from Music Direct about the same time and my copy arrived at my UK address yesterday.

18. honestabe316

I listen to it 3 times a year but then wait 7 or 8 years before I play it again. Then I will play it 3 times again in that year and so on....

19. soundQman

soundQman Senior Member

Why, it's a burning outrage! :wantsome::laugh:

Guss2 likes this.
  20. John D.

John D. Senior Member

I'm not aware of who is getting the lowest numbers from MoFi and Music Direct for this BOTW release. During the first Santana One Step release, Tullman started a survey, where all of us were submitting serial numbers and company from where that SN was shipped. It would be interesting to have the same information on this BOTW release. It seems that they are releasing these in batches as they receive LP's from RTI, it will take a while to press and deliver 7,500 box sets.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  21. Newguy444

Newguy444 Forum Resident

But aren't they numbered according to the order in which they are manufactured? That would mean later orders have been pressed later so thst means they will have high numbers, no?

22. AnalogJ

:doh:

Anyone have a link to any one of the myriads of threads which explain this one? :)

marcb, giantleech and John D. like this.
  23. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

They are buried in this thread.

Guss2 likes this.
  24. Newguy444

Newguy444 Forum Resident

Good lord. You mean it's not a straight forward answer

25. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

Pressing of records and printing/numbering/stuffing of boxes are two independent activities. A low number box does not mean an early-pressed album.

Guss2 and teag like this.