Mobile Fidelity Vinyl One Step of SANTANA, BILL EVANS TRIO, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Drew769, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Newguy444

Newguy444 Forum Resident

That doesn't make sense to me. What warrants a lower numbered box if it wasn't pressed earlier?

2. GuyS.

GuyS. Forum Resident

If anyone in the UK or Europe is looking for a copy, Diverse Records currently have some available to pre order.

3. Piero

Piero Forum Resident

Unfortunately o fortunately it is so

4. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

The low number is just for collector's value and a marketing angle. It has no bearing on when the record was pressed. Sorry.

On the bright side, with the one step series the stampers are being used to press a limited number of records. So it is not like you are risking a poor pressing from worn stampers.

5. teag

teag Forum Resident

True. But in this case, with only 7500 copies, they are all pressed “early “.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  6. teag

teag Forum Resident

Agree!

7. ted321

ted321 Forum Resident

Fyi...ordered mine from MD on Dec 12 and received it last Weds..#430. Absolutely love it!! Best record I have ever heard.

8. Mr. Explorer

Mr. Explorer Trumpet Man/Dapper Dan

Received it this morning! Ordered March 19th, got a number in the 1500s. Haven’t broke the shrink just yet but DAMN this is a pretty outer box presentation.

9. lpfreak1170

lpfreak1170 Senior Member

3412 just arrived. So pretty!! Now to give it a spin.

So, how are others protecting their beautiful boxes?

10. Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons Well-Known Member

Am I the only one kinda disappointed with BOTW? Ordered in Nov '17 and received numbers 2229 and 2230. Second time I order real early and due to my CC expiring, I miss out on lower numbers. I know it's not MD's problem that my bank likes to send me a new debit card every few years, but I would expect that they pull a few off the shelf to hold my place until I can get them the updated billing info. But no dice; even though I complained to them the last time.

Secondly, I opened 2229 and played it after putting it through a few cycles on my Autodesk. The vinyl looks clean and free from imperfections, but it is pretty darn noisy. Noisy especially on track 1 side 1. Maybe my copy, which has code A6 (side one) and B6 (side two). Have yet to play side 3 & 4. Maybe I have no reference for this material. Perhaps earlier pressing were such rubbish, that this is truly an improvement.

This one has not wow'd me like the earlier three ultradisc sets.

Tommyboy and lukpac like this.
  11. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Ed Hughes and lpfreak1170 like this.
  12. honestabe316

honestabe316 Analog Rebel

When mr. Tullman was so kind as to keep a record of the Abraxas release by # & accompanying stamper numbers there was no rhyme or reason....a release # in the ow 2000's could have had a "A" stampers and vice versa......

13. lpfreak1170

lpfreak1170 Senior Member

14. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

15. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

Good question! Look at thread #31
    Poly Sleeves for LP Box Sets?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
  16. tronds

tronds Forum Resident

The same was shown for the Bill Evans OneStep.

honestabe316 likes this.
  17. ellingtonic

ellingtonic Forum Resident

I ordered January 12th and got 1006. I ordered a second copy January 25th; that should be delivered Thursday.

18. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

I received my copy of BOTW today and just finished listening to it. I sort of agree with @AnalogJ. I wasn’t wowed by the MoFi. In fact, I’m disappointed. First of all, there’s a feelable mark on the Boxer, that causes numerous pops and ticks. The labels have scratches and the top parts of both jackets have the beginnings of small seam splits in the middle. Underwhelming for the price tag. I’m contacting MD tomorrow. They need to replace the jackets and the 2nd LP.

I don’t own an original Columbia pressing of this LP or the Classic 45RPM pressing. However, I do have the Classic 33RPM version cut by Bernie Grundman and honestly, the MoFi isn’t all that much better sounding than the Grundman cut on my system. I’ll give the nod to the MoFi because it’s smoother and more dynamic in places, but it’s not the “hands down” winner to me.

19. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

You’re not the only one.

Jason Simmons likes this.
  20. Jason Simmons

I want to further add to my disappointment! Moments ago I went back to listen to LP TWO, took it out of the Autodesk not paying attention to the label. Put it on the turntable and sat down to listen. To my surprise, yeah you guessed it, side one started playing again. Bloody hell, they sent me two LP ONE discs! Even though, the disc was in a jacket that says LP TWO!

I figure someone has two LP TWOs in their set. But who knows. I will call MD tomorrow and give them a piece of my mind. It will probably take two to three months to get a replacement...thinking of demanding a full refund.

21. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

You may have the highest number so far.

lpfreak1170 likes this.
  22. FashionBoy

FashionBoy Forum Resident

I ordered about a week after you and received #1642 (arrived yesterday).

23. Jason Simmons

Thanks! I read your post and good to get the perspective of someone like yourself that has other copies of the album.

24. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Mine still says backordered, but I'm getting tempted to cancel now, with all the negative reviews here. God knows, I got plenty of places to spend $109. + that won't let me down.

25. Jason Simmons

What would the likely hood of my second set, #2230, containing the two LP II's? I opened 2229 with two LP Is. Not that I am going to do it until talking with MD tomorrow, but that possibility is intriguing.

bajaed likes this.