Mobile Fidelity Vinyl One Step of SANTANA, BILL EVANS TRIO, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Drew769, Dec 1, 2015.

1. mrob0000

mrob0000 Forum Resident

...HELL YES!!

2. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

It does make one wonder why the SRV estate is so desperate to allow continuous and concurrent licencing of these titles. Even the standard original pressings sound very good, though apart from the odd track (you know them as audio show staples) I really can't get that excited by SRV.

I still may be up for Blood On The tracks but having saved a small amount on UK pricing by ordering BOTW from Music Direct I got clobbered with customs and tax which made it more expensive. Will have to chance preordering from Diverse Vinyl when they list it (usually a week or two after the US release).

Mr. Explorer and SoundDoctor like this.
  3. Francisx

Francisx Forum Resident

Agree.....they need to find titles that appeal to the majority....whatever that is.

4. Denti

Denti Forum Resident

They should do Highway 61 or Bringing It Back Home in mono, then.

Those would sell. As would the Pixies titles.

Mr. Explorer and SoundDoctor like this.
  5. tubesandvinyl

tubesandvinyl Forum Resident

Pre-ordered Marvin!

FashionBoy likes this.
  6. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

Rock n Roll, that's good, and would really "stand out with One-Step treatment, and sell good"!!!

7. Lovealego

Lovealego Senior Member

8. DrewBdewBdew

DrewBdewBdew Well-Known Member

Looks like MOFI has 329 copies still available for the preorder for Marvin Gaye's "What's Going On?" . Looks like they are moving quickly there. Glad I got my two preordered. Love this album and if it is a "Step" up from the last Mofi release then I'm going to be happy.

MisterBritt likes this.
  9. Sam

Sam Senior Member

Has Fremer reviewed BOTW yet? Just wondering.

10. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

I was on his forum this morning, didn't see BOTW review yet.

11. Isamet

Isamet Forum Resident

9 months later....FINALLY got notification of Acoustic Sounds getting ready to ship the BOTW one step. After I went and innocently went to track shipment only to find out my CC had been declined. LOL. However was able to fix it. But that's what can happen when you place a Pre-Order 9 months in advance. LOL

12. MisterBritt

MisterBritt Senior Member

And they still have a copy for you? Excellent.

Mr. Explorer and Isamet like this.
  13. Isamet

Isamet Forum Resident

Yes. Believe me I was fully expecting them to tell me I was SOL.

Mr. Explorer and MisterBritt like this.
  14. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

They are just packaging standard product in a mo-fi branded cover and charging more for the same thing. In my experience most of the polythene sleeves accommodate an MFSL gatefold cover.

15. Twinsfan007

Twinsfan007 Forum Resident

So did anyone get a chance to hear the TP of What's Going On at RMAF???

bajaed likes this.
  16. Hgavinyl

Hgavinyl Forum Resident

Just preordered Texas Flood One Step on Music Direct. Surprised to see it for pre order before What's Going On is out.

Rockstar2112 and AtlTrav like this.
  17. AtlTrav

AtlTrav Forum Resident

18. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

Just got an email about preordering the Stevie MOFI. I’m out at $125. At that price for one album, the price has made the quality irrevelant. I think they are testing the waters since out of stock titles go for so much on ebay, here, and other places but I’m not sure 7000 people will feel the same. Curious what you guys think. I think it’s getting absurd, and I can certainly afford it. This point of view is from someone extremely happy with both the Billy Joel and S&G titles, both of which were much less percentage wise. If we all keep buying they will be at $175 before we know it.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
    Paully, MisterBritt and Clucking like this.
  19. Louder666

Louder666 Active Member

I pre ordered four releases over the phone a while back: two SRV, MG, and a Bill Evans. My orders are all listed at $99. Hopefully they will honor that price.

Cervelo likes this.
  20. Piero

Piero Forum Resident

Also my preorders are listed at $ 99...

21. bajaed

bajaed Forum Resident

My srv pre orders are listed at $99. They said they will honor those prices.

Jrr likes this.
  22. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

I enjoyed the first three titles (especially the Evans, which I had never heard before) and will pick up my BOTW when I get to LA next week. However the cost, and the recent quality control issues have kept me from ordering the SRV and Gaye titles, which I already own on audiophile releases that i never listen to. All in for BOTT though!

Jrr likes this.
  23. IGD Positive

IGD Positive Forum Resident

Given how long it took for BOTW, I wonder how long we'll be waiting for these. Late Winter?

24. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

MFSL has picked up the pace of releasing new titles considerably. They were wise to do it.

bajaed likes this.
  25. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Listing them online and actually releasing these titles are two different things.

Tommyboy, IGD Positive, Jrr and 4 others like this.