MOFI Customer Service

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by radiogod, Feb 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. radiogod

radiogod Forum Resident Thread Starter

Has anyone had any good experiences with MOFI customer service. I contacted them regarding the ripped booklet in my copy of Shady grove. They now have replacements sleeves and would be happy to send me one if I pay for shipping. I find this a bit ridiculous given the cost of their products, and the fact that it was their manufacturing defect.

So any good experiences with their CS team, or is this par for the course?

bluejimbop likes this.
  2. Digital-G

Digital-G Senior Member

I ordered Dean Martin's This Time I'm Swinging SACD, directly from their website. It was advertised as being uniquely numbered. When mine arrived it didn't have a number at all, only a blank space where the number would be stamped. When I contacted them they said I must have been shipped a promo copy, as those aren't numbered. They sent me a new, numbered copy and told me to keep the original one for my troubles.

So, I've had very good experience with their customer service.

For what it's worth they are selling a premium product for a premium price; I would expect it to not be damaged when it arrives. I have received a few disks (from Audio Fidelity) with the teeth broken off. I usually just live with it, but in your case I would want, and expect, a replacement free of charge.

therockman likes this.
  3. Mainline461

Mainline461 Forum Resident

I called years back when Eat A Peach (first issue) went out of print and asked did they just by chance have maybe one more. The guy said let me check and came back saying he found a lone sealed copy. He took my info and it arrived a few days later. So a good experience for me.

4. radiogod

That's my only gripe. If this was a $20 UMe release there would be no problems, but MOFI releases are premium products, I just wish MOFI would have dealt with this issue in a more customer friendly manner. In fact, when I politely explained my feelings, I was bluntly told that the shipping charge was non-negotiable :-/

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  5. Digital-G

Digital-G Senior Member

I wouldn't be happy with that either. Wonder what they would say if you were to return the product and purchase it from Amazon (just sayin...).

I'm not sure how you contacted them (phone, email) but maybe try again with a different method. Maybe you'll get in contact with someone more agreeable. I don't know how much of their products you purchase but that may carry some weight too and could be worth bringing up.

bluejimbop likes this.
  6. radiogod

They claim because I purchased it from Amazon and not MOFI or MusicDirect, that they have to charge for shipping, but if I had purchased it from them there would be no problem. Seems like they are trying to ensure that people buy from them directly. I own about 10 MOFI releases and am not sure how much weight that would carry. Regardless, it will probably be a while before I give any money to MOFI, that is after I pay for the shipping charge. :crazy:

7. JAG

JAG Forum Professor with Tenure

Your beef is with the retailer you bought this from. The fact MOFI is willing to help you tells you how good they are. You should return the defective item from where you bought it and they would be responsible for replacing it. You do know Amazon gets their product at a discount so you are letting them off the hook. If your new car is defective you go to the dealer, you buy defective furniture where do you go, you buy anything defective where do you go? You are asking MOFI to spend money to make you happy when in reality they sold this at a discount to Amazon to begin with. It is business. Also you are only hurting yourself by not purchasing MOFI product because they are some of the best reissues out there.

Dave likes this.
  8. So this is a ripped booklet inside a sealed/shrinkwrapped cd? If so, MOFI is at fault.

Send them a link to this thread. Maybe, they'll do the right thing.

9. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

I had to call them twice in the past couple of years and both times their service was excellent. I have nothing but good things to say about MFSL customer service.

10. Jerry

Jerry Grateful Gort Staff

I've had a great back and forth with MOFI customer service about the Shady Grove booklet. The booklets were on order for a few months and Music Direct received them YESTERDAY. Replacement copies will be mailed out to those who contacted MOFI and supplied the necessary info. MOFI sent me a nice, personal email yesterday to let me know. No mention of shipping costs. Yet.

11. radiogod

You are extremely fortunate. I have not experienced that level of customer service. Really disappointing considering the high esteem to which I had held MOFI.

12. radiogod

They said they are happy to send it to me if I was in the US, but because I live in Canada they will not cover the shipping. I explained that this was a manufacturing error, and that surely the customer should not be penalized for their mistake, but they refuse to stand by their own product and do the right thing.

Jerry likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.