Moments in Twin Peaks that scared you

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by sean monaghan, Aug 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Is the original series watchable ( not dated). I never really watched it. Did see Fire Walks With Me movie in the cinema ?

2. OldSoul

OldSoul Don't you hear the wind blowin'?

Oh, it's a few years old.

3. TheVU

TheVU Forum Resident

The cinematography in this poorly compressed/resized clip is infinitely better than the entire 3rd season.

4. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I saw it on a billboard for the first time this year, so it's new to me. I've been saying the actual words since... oh, I dunno, maybe 1965.

I think the first season was pretty interesting, but it got too weird and boring for the second season, and ratings collapsed and they pulled the plug pretty quickly. I saw the movie but didn't care for it.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    alexpop likes this.
  5. alexpop

So your saying the 2017 new version is far superior?

6. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I think everyone has pretty much covered most of the scary stuff here. I like season 3 a lot in general because it does all that a Twin Peaks world should do, yet with a much broader scope. For me the truly scary thing was when that bug crawled into that girls mouth in episode 8 of this season. The fact that the woodsman was crushing skulls and repeating eerie poetry over the radio to hypnotize those listening in the town (so the bug could have it's way?) added a hysteria to the horror that was very unsettling yet pretty damn funny.
    That scene where the bad Cooper is getting fixed up by the woodsmen is pretty scary.
    People who dismiss this season are maybe forgetting that Lynch is an artist that tends to paint with tactile elements like pictures and sound and isn't really all that focused on completing a clear and logical story path, yet there does seem to be a good story developing (I think). It seems to me this time around that the story tends to project a certain path and then turns abruptly often enough that it kind of cajoles you to stop trying to figure out what will happen next.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  7. alexpop

When the new version available on physical media ?

8. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

The new version of Twin Peaks? Well, it's technically more polished, but I think they're different but similar. In truth, I haven't seen the original for at least 25 years.

alexpop likes this.
  9. alexpop

Well I wait for amazon reviews when the new series available on blu ray.

Jury still out. :)

10. PlushFieldHarpy

PlushFieldHarpy Forum Resident

When they came to the cabin and found Julee Cruise's "Into The Night" song playing on repeat on a record player.

11. team2

team2 Forum Resident

I watched that scene live in 1990. It disturbed me so much that, it took me eighteen years to watch it again in its entirety (when I got the Gold Box DVD in 2008). I'd ride the fast-forward button during each viewing before that...

Who'sTommy likes this.
  12. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

would you mind taking this to a more appropriate thread?

On topic:

scenes that still scare me:

(leland) attacking jacoby at the gazebo
    mike's rant in the hospital
    bobby & mike meeting leo in the woods
    cooper being chased down by his doppelganger in the red room
    sarah's vision of bob behind the bed

13. Not sure. It's subtitled The Complete Mystery. It has the two seasons and the movie and loads of extras.

alexpop likes this.
  14. NickCarraway

NickCarraway Forum Resident

The box no longer says "The Complete Mystery" with the start of The Return. But it still has the half live/half dead Laura cover.

kevywevy likes this.
  15. Culpa

Culpa Forum Resident

Twin Peaks will always be a complete mystery! :)

16. numer9

numer9 Beatles Apologist

Josie Packard's face in the drawer knob.

sean monaghan and GentleSenator like this.
  17. questrider

questrider Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.