Monk Marathon

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MITBeta, Dec 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MITBeta

MITBeta New Member Thread Starter

I was just scanning TV Listings for tomorrow and discovered, much to my delight, a 17 episode Monk marathon beginning at 6 am EST on the USA network.

This is such a cool, yet underviewed show, in my humble opinion, that I thought I would share this information.

If you are unfamiliar with it, the show stars Emmy Award winner Tony Shalhoub (the cab driver from Wings) as an obsessive-compulsive detective, who also happens to be afraid of just about everything. Despite his multiple ailments, Monk has an extraordinary eye for details and an uncanny knack of putting together the clues to solve the mysteries.

What's also great about this show is that it actually gives you enough information along the way for you to be able to solve the mystery, as opposed to some shows and movies that save some very key piece of information until the last scene where they reveal the whole story. My wife and I like to TiVo the show and rewind and fast forward to review all the clues in an attempt to solve the mystery before it is solved for us.

Tomorrow's marathon includes all but 4 of the episodes from the two seasons that Monk has been on the air. It normally airs on Friday nights at 10pm on USA. My wife and I became fans at the beginning of the second season, so there are still many first season shows that we have not seen.

Anyway, I hope you have a happy New Year and can catch at least an episode or two of a show that has been nominated for three 2004 Golden Globe awards. (TiVo users: do yourself a favor and get a Season Pass for this show, it's the best one on television.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.