Monk on Amazon Prime

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MikeInFla, Feb 14, 2018.

1. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Forum Resident Thread Starter

I believe Monk was dropped from Netflix a couple of years ago. It is now on Prime which is pretty cool. I thought I had seen every episode but there are quite a few that I have missed.

Anyway, my wife and I were talking about Adrian Monk and my 16 year old daughter overheard us talking about him and thought it was someone we knew. We told her it was a show and that she would probably like it. So I recorded an episode from Hallmark and she loved it!

Saw it on Prime and told her the best way to watch it was start at the beginning. So far we are up to season 3 and watched episode 1 last night (Monk goes to NY).

Even our 8 year old loves it! Looks like My Three Sons is close to winding down on MeTV as they have moved to California and we DVR that and watch in the afternoon. So now our daily ritual consists of watching that and an episode of Monk.

My 16 year old keeps asking if he ever solved Trudy's murder and we just tell her "you have to wait and see!".

I wish they would get the gang back together and do a reunion special.

2. GLENN

GLENN Forum Resident

Monk was a show I watched on a "catch as catch can" basis when it was originally on, so I probably missed a lot of the story threads and other subtleties, but I still enjoyed it. I don't currently have Prime but one of these days I'll have to watch it from the beginning. Good show.

MikeInFla likes this.
  3. spanky1

spanky1 Forum Resident

Great show, and ended nicely as well.
    At first, I missed Sharona, but now I much more prefer Trudy. I always seem to see more cameos and guest appearances than I ever realized while watching it during it's first run.

4. MikeInFla

Yeah, I like Sharona a lot and I knew that she left and was replaced by Natalie. I don't quite remember why Sharona left and that episode will be coming up (she leaves mid season 3). In real life I know they couldn't come to contractual terms and she ended up leaving the show. I just didn't realize how many episodes I missed! I thought for sure I had seen them all and so far there's a ton I haven't seen. And yes, there are a ton of cameos and guests I forgot about.

5. spanky1

spanky1 Forum Resident

Not sure why I called Natalie by the wrong name. I loved Jan(Trudy) in The Office.

6. DesertChaos

DesertChaos Forum Resident

I really enjoyed Monk during its original run, and thought they closed it out just at the right time.
    A little while back they started doing weekend marathons on WeTV (I think?) so I've been grabbing those on the DVR as they're great to watch while I do my workout every day.

7. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

Hopefully you saw Tony Shalhoub on The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, also on Prime. He's marvelous on it.

alankin1 and MikeInFla like this.
  8. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

My wife and I favorite show. We have the box set and watch them often, and all three of our kids liked them too. Wonderful show!

9. MDW

MDW Howard The Duck's Biggest Fan

I love Monk! Though my favorite from that USA lineup was Psych...

Ryan Donahue likes this.
  10. MikeInFla

Not yet -- but have been wanting to see it and plan on watching it in the future.

11. Madness

Madness Forum Resident

Monk was one of my favorite shows; it's on one channel or another always running several episodes one right after the other. Tony Shaloub was brilliant in that show. Love it.

MikeInFla likes this.
  12. Done A Ton

Done A Ton Birdbrain

I haven't gotten much done the last three Sundays because I end up watching Monk reruns.
    [​IMG]

13. DesertChaos

DesertChaos Forum Resident

Gotta get me one of those shirts!

MikeInFla likes this.