Monkees 50th Anniversary Tour Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by BeatleStair, Jan 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Nelson

Mark Nelson Forum Resident

Just grabbed two tickets on the back row of the first half of the gold section in Hampton Beach (NH).

D-rock likes this.
  2. 905 and D-rock like this.
  3. Sunset Sam

Sunset Sam Forum Resident

$350 to see Micky and Peter doing a soundcheck in Indy? $350?!?!?

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
    :laughup::biglaugh:

4. jwb1231970

jwb1231970 Ordinary Guy

Geez how can they justify this?

5. jfmlaugh

jfmlaugh Forum Resident

I'm really surprised no Michigan dates...Windsor, Canada is close though. International Monkees Concert! Now, if I only knew when they would go on sale.

6. deadbirdie

deadbirdie Senior Member

Hey Hey! Scored my tix for Hammond tonight. I really love The Venue, great place to see a show. Funny thing is, this will be my third Monkees show and the third different configuration of the band I will have seen.

Can't wait!

7. People (not me) are buying them at that price...it's not like we're talking about a liver transplant here.

Grand_Ennui and D-rock like this.
  8. bluejeanbaby

bluejeanbaby Forum Resident

I'll be going to the one in Hammond too but can't buy tickets till next month.

deadbirdie likes this.
  9. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

Me either. I'll be in the regular seats for Biloxi. I'm wondering how many of the packages will sell(VIP)? Stranger things have happened to put butts in seats close up.

10. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

For the 2014 tour I didn't try and get tickets till a couple weeks before the show. I ended up with a front row ticket for about $65. They had been going for a lot more. First time I'd ever been front row and right in front of Nez!

11. Wow. I wonder what the prices would've been with Nez?

D-rock likes this.
  12. That soundcheck better not be Auntie's Municipal Court or Good Clean Fun! Anyone wanna guess why those two certain dates don't offer soundchecks?...

13. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Wondered that too...

14. Maybe it's a built in Nez contingency fee, ya know, in case he actually shows up to rehearsal.

Fandom Lenses likes this.
  15. Oh. BTW in advance: I'm jealous of you lucky West Coasters who'll inevitably get the Greek theater special guest guy. We'll likely only have Elvis Costello at ours.

16. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Got tix to take my kids to see the Monkees. Back row but still pricey for 3 tix. Plus that way they can stand on their seats if they like and they won't look quite as old. Plus there will be screens.

17. If you're doing Town Hall I can't really remember there being any bad seats in the venue. And sometimes they let kids run up to the stage and boogie.

18. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Keswick, it is fine in the back there too.

19. izgoblin

izgoblin Forum Resident

And the only song in this set list that I find especially interesting.

Guess this confirms it - this tour isn't for me.

marc with a c likes this.
  20. The most interesting thing about this tour (save what may come with the new album) is that it's almost certainly the last Monkees tour. We might get some knock-on dates in 2017, but it's not like odds are good for a 60th (or even 55th) anniversary tour. That, plus the chance to spend time with friends, is the main reason I'm excited to get in a couple more shows before closing time. That's not enough motivation for everyone though, I realize.

905, Grand_Ennui, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  21. readr

readr Forum Resident

Yeah, I know. Caesars Windsor is as close to me as The Palace (maybe closer) minus the wait at the tunnel. Also, if you are so inclined, and can't cross the border, Dayton has a show. I think Windsor and Detroit are par for the locals.

22. jfmlaugh

jfmlaugh Forum Resident

The Fox is such a great place to see a concert...Windsor should be fun/different and not that much farther. Wonder if they'll be an age restriction.

23. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

I thought the set-list posted earlier in this thread looked pretty solid, and it's about what I expected... It is the 50th anniversary tour after all, so I'm not surprised that it, like the 20th Anniversary tour, would focus on mainly the most well known songs...

24. MarkTheShark

MarkTheShark Senior Member

I hadn't thought about that, but you could very well be right.

I do think it's interesting that the Monkees have toured (with one lineup or another) for every year since 2011. If I'm not mistaken, that is the longest consecutive (uninterrupted) period of time they've been active, ever.

marmalade, dangiedr and Fandom Lenses like this.
  25. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Motivation for me is a chance to take my kids, who have seen every episode, know easily 75% of their catalog, and even got to see a Peter solo show. But this will be their only live Monkees experience I expect. If it were just me, I would skip it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.