Mono Highway 61 is the best mix IMO

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by wes, Apr 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wes

wes Senior Member Thread Starter

I just got my sundazed mono version of Highway 61.......Wow!!!!!

It's a totally different mix than the stereo version.....not as congested....vocals sound way better......the mix is more open...instruments have better separation etc., etc.,........Hell I don't know why the stereo mix is more popular...............

Anyone have any thoughts on the Mono vs. Stereo?

-Wes

2. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

I agree with you I really enjoyed it. That is until I got to side 2 and found it to be one of those sundazed prescratched copies:( . Back to the store this weekend to exchange it. I hope they have another copy, if not I guess I'll get "The Times They Are A Changin". Sure sounded great though.

3. wes

Oh, man......That's too bad.....Do you have Freewheelin?........That's one of my favorite Dylan albums.......

-Wes

4. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

I think I still have my old Columbia vinyl of it.

5. Ronflugelguy

Ronflugelguy Resident Trumpet Geek

Ya know, the SIMPLY VINYL of "Freewheel'in is really good.:)

6. whoompley

whoompley Senior Member

You have to get the mono Highway 61 Revisited if only for "Desolation Row". You can hear the standup bass much better on the mono lp. I like the overall vibe of the whole lp better in mono. Wish Steve could have gotten permission to put it on the gold CD...

the other Wes

7. Matt

Matt New Member

Did Steve want to do two different gold CD's of Highway 61 Revisited? Because he couldn't possibly fit the mono and stereo versions on one CD. That would be 100 minutes of music, right?

8. wes

Yes, I believe so........ I know Steve wanted the Mono version..........Columbia, just wouldn't allow it......too bad......

-Wes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.