Montrose - Montrose and Paper Money Deluxe Editions coming in October

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by John Fell, Aug 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Bliss

John Bliss Forum Resident

How much were Iron Maiden influenced by Montrose? Listening to PM the other day, and specifically We're Going Home, and it reminded me of Paul DiAnno, and the early Maiden sound.

mikedifr0923 and BluesOvertookMe like this.
  2. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

The live stuff on the two deluxe editions looks cool. Demo's usually are a one and never again listen for me. There's no chance the sound of the debut tops the AF and the old WB CD of Paper Money sounds pretty good as I recall. I wish this were just a 2CD live collection without the need to re-buy the original albums.

3. BluesOvertookMe

BluesOvertookMe Forum Resident

I love Underground, but I understand that most don't.

John Bliss likes this.
  4. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

I love it too. Although...not a great choice for an opener IMO.

John Bliss and BluesOvertookMe like this.
  5. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Maiden covered "I Got The Fire" early on, sure you know?

6. John Bliss

So nice they covered it twice, yes. Once with Paul, and again with Bruce.

Opeth likes this.
  7. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

The KSAN stuff is awesome. Worth the price. I have it on boots. I have a couple of live show boots and they are also great. I'm excited, but, the price seems kind of high. Not sure if i'll pre order or just wait, maybe the price will fall or rise?

I love Montrose. I've been waiting for this for years. I think Hagar should ruinite with the original two guys, great players, awesome drummer, add Dave Menniketti and hit the road or do a special and film it. He did this slightly (not all Montrose stuff) at a show in town but only once. i don't think it was filmed or recorded, but , who knows?

Hagar on his own is hit and miss. Too much rah rah stuff for me. I love his Van Morrison song on the debut, Pink Flamingos? or something. So trippy. He should do that song again with another arrangement. With Van Halen OU812 is awesome. The rest too poppy. Like a lot Hagars solo stuff a little too slick for my taste. But, OU812 is awesome. Some of the best playing Eddie ever did. Love his chickin Pickin on Finish What You Started. And the Little Feet cover is awesome. Great record.

Sammy ruinite and celebrate Montrose. Great band and still around bar Ronnie. Dave Menniketti can fill in fine and do a couple of Y&T songs. "Squeeze" would be awesome to hear Sammy on.

BurtThomasWard likes this.
  8. markp

markp I am always thinking about Jazz.

I've been listening to the first Montrose album since I was in the 7th grade. I have the AudioFidelity cd. Hopeing this new vinyl version is mastered well with good dynamics.

Pouchkine, WapatoWolf and John Bliss like this.
  9. Trace

Trace Senior Member

We'll find out tomorrow. Mine's been shipped.

irender and John Bliss like this.
  10. nfmboss666

nfmboss666 Forum Resident

Anxiously awaiting a SQ review to decide if I will be picking these up! They are definitely enticing!

John Bliss likes this.
  11. John Bliss

Looking to at least get Paper Money but if the reviews are good, I'll get both, if I see them at the local brick and mortar. Would be fun to see how they compare to the originals. Anyone know who did these? Sefchick? Bellman?

12. vinyl diehard

vinyl diehard Two-Channel Forever

No unreleased tunes? Too bad. Demos can are usually only worth one listen.

John Bliss likes this.
  13. RVD30

RVD30 Forum Resident

Just ordered both of these on vinyl and got the Autorip free so can put it on my iPod. coming tomorrow cant wait thought I would treat myself for my birthday.

John Bliss likes this.
  14. Chris Schoen

Chris Schoen Rock 'n Roll !!!

Looking forward to this. Especially the Live tracks. :righton:

15. mikedifr0923

mikedifr0923 Forum Resident

Anyone get these yet have any info on SQ? Deciding whether to get on cd or vinyl....or buy an older pressing of the vinyl

John Bliss likes this.
  16. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

If I go based on the iTunes store, it appears that they aren't smashed in terms of DR, that's all I can say for now.

John Bliss and mikedifr0923 like this.
  17. mikedifr0923

mikedifr0923 Forum Resident

Well that's good news I guess :agree:

18. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Picked up both CD sets today as they were priced right at our local store. If it will help both titles were mastered by Scott Levitin.
    I am enjoying Paper Money right now and will wait anxiously to hear what is wrong with these reissues. :)

19. stax o' wax

stax o' wax Forum Resident

I'm very tempted by these two (the debut and Paper Money) as the bonus material looks strong and they are great albums.

mikedifr0923 likes this.
  20. dharmabumstead

dharmabumstead Forum Resident

Listening to this now. A *beautiful* remastering job of the studio album on one of the nicest pressings I've ever heard! Nearly perfect, and dead quiet between tracks. And the early KSAN radio performance on disc two ("We don't even have a name yet!") is pretty great! Highly recommended.

21. HankM

HankM Senior Member

Picked up the AF release on eBay. Gonna listen to Paper Money on Tidal, really not familiar with that one except I've Got The Fire.

22. Sequenzer

Sequenzer Forum Resident

Do both vinyl editions have gatefold covers?

John Bliss and mikedifr0923 like this.
  23. vinyl diehard

vinyl diehard Two-Channel Forever

The originals didn't. Of course that doesn't mean these won't.

24. Sequenzer

Sequenzer Forum Resident

I have the original pressings, but gatefolds would be nice for these new editions :)

John Bliss and vinyl diehard like this.
  25. RVD30

RVD30 Forum Resident

Mine Just Came and both LPs are gatefolds. Look very nice gonna give a spin later and let you no on sound.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.