Moody Blues 2017 Reunion Tour

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Om, Oct 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

If you listen to theit big seven albums and listrn to them now? It's not easy and I love them.

2. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

As long as they avoid anything from DOFP. That album's been cooked to death in popularity. Let it die.

MikaelaArsenault and pdenny like this.
  3. GV1967

GV1967 Senior Member

Count me in!

My fave Moodies LP's are: "To Our Children's Children's Children", "On The Threshold Of A Dream" and "Seventh Sojourn".

4. namretsam

namretsam Senior Member

The proper Moody Blues reunion should be with the pre-prog Denny Laine line up. Save for the departed Clint Warwick, they are all still around.
    Denny Laine can actually still sing and a bunch of 70 year olds playing Blues-based music is a lot less pathetic than having the need of a bunch of shills on-stage to pull off the more complex post-'66 material.
    I'd go to this in a heartbeat.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  5. tmwlng

tmwlng Forum Resident

I would love to see the "classic" lineup with a symphony orchestra. Always been a dream of mine. Either way, having the Moodies all together again in one shape or other would be wonderful, but wouldn't it be pushing it having to wait until 2017? I mean, who knows what can happen. Don't know which health issues Ray has though, so I'm probably just overreacting there.

6. MidnightRocks

MidnightRocks Forum Resident

I think these guys could make an excellent album with each of them contributing a few songs. It would also help overcome Rays health problems.

I'd love to hear Mike take out the mellotron and add that special texture.

Imagine70 likes this.
  7. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Is Graeme Edge still the drummer?

8. numer9

numer9 Beatles Apologist

He is, along with a younger fellow.

9. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

The thread title says reunion tour, but John specifically says in the posted article that they would not tour and if anything were to happen they'd have to find a way to do it without touring, presumably referring to some kind of one off performance.

10. Olompali

Olompali Forum Resident

Royal Albert Hall, 7 concert residency.

ducksdeluxe, forthlin, oxegen and 2 others like this.
  11. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

They do an annual cruise (as does Yes), though they're apparently skipping it this year. That would be the ideal place to do it for the most hardcore fans.

BarneyRubble likes this.
  12. redmetalmoose

redmetalmoose Forum Resident

One of the few bands on my bucket list that I somehow missed in their prime.
    Hate to see them wait until 2017?
    A wise man said 'Time waits for no one'...

forthlin and Om like this.
  13. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Um, if you mean does he still sit on stage behind a drum kit, yes. But mostly the drumming is done by a young ringer.

14. Digital-G

Digital-G Senior Member

I think it's great that all of them might get back together. If it's a live performance though it's doubtful I (or most of us) would get to see it. I've got half a dozen of their live DVDs so not sure I'd be interested in another, unless the reviews are really good. A studio album... that has some promise, especially after both Lodge and Hayward 'recently' put out decent albums.

I wonder what Graeme thinks of working with Mike again.

BarneyRubble likes this.
  15. Fields&Lanes

Fields&Lanes Forum Resident

This is a case where a pay-per-view type event would be worthwhile. In this day and age, its a possibility that should be pursued if they proceed with the plan to reunite and perform a one-time performance AND want to make it accessible to as many fans as possible.

Thanks for sharing the news, by the way.

16. PROG U.K.

PROG U.K. Audiophile-Anglophile

No Reunion before Cruisin? :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Om likes this.
  17. TheDailyBuzzherd

TheDailyBuzzherd Forum Resident

Wow! Pinder? I'd go in a pinch. No don't! I bruise easy.

They could pull this off, easy. Most of that catalog is laid back.

18. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

He's still onstage, but it's mostly symbolic, and has been for decades. The second drummer does most of the work (and is much, much louder in the mix). Kind of sad to watch, really. Although John & Justin sounded fantastic vocally when I saw them last year.

Atmospheric, Heart of Gold and chacha like this.
  19. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Boy, what a weird lineup...

Mellow Yellow? Is that a Donovan cover band? Randy Hansen? So Jimi Hendrix "impressions". I wonder if the Nelson brother do the hair flip while performing dad's music?

PROG U.K. likes this.
  20. rainbow_glo

rainbow_glo New Member

Note that the article being quoted is from April. Very little has been said about this since then. To my knowledge, nobody else in the band has agreed to the idea or even discussed it. At the time of the interview, John was busy promoting his new CD, and while his kite was soaring, he was throwing out a number of ideas.... Mike Pinder and Ray Thomas guested on John's new CD, and they have been in more regular contact with John in the last 5 years or so.

TeamRock.com continued to make references to the possibility, if only to hope that it would cause a movement among fans to make it happen?

While nothing is impossible, it's nonetheless, highly unlikely they will ever do anything in the way of a full band reunion. The rifts are deep, unfortunately.

By the way, Justin has been performing Watching And Waiting (along with a few other Moody cuts that don't get used onstage), in his recent solo tours, more-or-less acoustically, and it is lovely. The Actor made a reappearance in the last Moody tour in the UK for some of the shows, here's an example:

Oddly, Melancholy Man was kinda 'performed' at least year's Moody Blues Cruise, the first performance of it since Mike's departure. Since that went against their normal protocol, they did it as a spoken word piece, perhaps a little cringeworthy. https://youtu.be/5YAYhCoUh-4

Maybe in the 2016 spring Moody Tour, The Actor could be continuing to make appearances in the setlist. But having recently lost their drummer, Gordy, who is seeking other avenues, there are a number of reasons to check the Moodies out next year, as new personnel being added usually shakes up the status quo. :winkgrin:

Kind regards-
    rainbow glo

21. Om

Om Make Your Own Kind Of Music Thread Starter

I got from it that this won't happen unless Pinder and Thomas agree to go on the road for another tour. He said he can't see doing DOFP in it's entirety unless they do another tour. That is what Lodge was pushing for but we should take everything with a grain of salt for now.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  22. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

They've been doing the Actor for at least ten years now. It's one of those vintage tracks then they added when they needed replacements in the set for Ray Thomas' songs.

23. No Bull

No Bull Forum Resident

Pinder and Thomas renewed their friendship after Thomas retired..this is not such a stretch if everyone is healthy enough to do it. I have to wonder if Edge and Pinder would ever appear on stage together though...

24. Om

Om Make Your Own Kind Of Music Thread Starter

Let's be honest if John and George were still with us and The Beatles reformed for a tour in two years how many of you would be buying tickets? How many of you will still be buying Stones tickets in 2017?

25. redmetalmoose

redmetalmoose Forum Resident

For the cruise?;)

Om likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.