Moonflight by Vik Venus

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by audiodrome, Feb 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. audiodrome

audiodrome Senior Member Thread Starter

Hopefully someone can help me straighten this out. I'm putting together a Buddah compilation and I came across two snags. Does anyone remember a Buddah "novelty/break-in" 45 from 1969 called "Moonflight" by Vik Venus? The problem I'm having is that I don't have the original 45 anymore as a reference and for some reason nobody can make up their mind whether it's VIC Venus or VIK venus. On all the searches I've done between Top 40 lists, used record dealers, lyrics, etc., 80% of the people list it as VIK venus and the other 20% list VIC Venus. The Goldmine 45 Price Guide also lists it as VIC Venus. The dilemma is that the Buddah Box CD set lists it as Vic Venus, but in the liner notes, they describe the artist as VIK Venus. I would have made the final judgement by the original 45 label, but unfortunately my 45 is long gone, so I'm hoping someone can help me out. Also on Buddah, does anyone know if the song "Baby Make Me Feel So Good" is by The Five Stairsteps or The Five Stairsteps & Cubie? Thanks for any info...

2. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

Paul...The label reads:

VIK VENUS
    Alias: Your Main Moon Man

Hope that helps you!?!

Chris C

Also: Don't forget the funny flip side of "Moonflight" called "Everybody's On Strike"
    "Cause all zee musician's is on strike!"

3. tim_neely

tim_neely Forum Hall Of Fame

I've actually now corrected that misspelling since the last 45 book came out. My database now has it correct as VIK Venus. The next 45 rpm guide will have it correct.
    :D

4. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

Paul,

As to your other question: The Five Stairsteps & Cubie.

ED:cool:

5. audiodrome

audiodrome Senior Member Thread Starter

Thanks guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.