More ...Signed Photos, LPs, Picture Sleeves, Promos, Memorabilia, Ephemera, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Maranatha5585, Oct 20, 2017.

1. ellaguru

ellaguru Forum Resident

they sure do smell like...something

[​IMG]

2. marmil

marmil It's such a long story...

I found some of my promo pics and here are a few. The Move:

[​IMG]

3. marmil

4. marmil

Carlene Carter

[​IMG]

5. marmil

6. marmil

I think this is the 1st Sparks promo pic

[​IMG]

7. marmil

Not a promo pic. I've had this since the '70s and wanted to ask @Bruce Mulle' - I think this was taken during the BOTT sessions and is part of a roll that was taken that day. Do you recognize this at all?

[​IMG]

Maranatha5585, bluesky and oboogie like this.
  8. FredV

FredV Senior Member

From my Monkees collection:

[​IMG]
    1966 Promotional Flyer.

[​IMG]
    1986 Monkee Business Fanzine signed by all four Monkees during the taping of the 1986 MTV Christmas video.

[​IMG]
    With the four Monkees and band member Lawrence Haley in the lobby of the Vogue Theatre in Los Angeles prior to the Monkees receiving their Star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame, 1989.

9. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam Thread Starter

Marc-
    I have seen that photo before... or from that roll.
    What a fine shot of the man, happy good times!

10. Maranatha5585

Paul McCartney - Christmas Kisses
    "The Christmas Song" / "Wonderful Christmastime"
    U.S. Concord 7'' sealed 45 single .. limited to 1000 copies worldwide.
    Pressed in red and green vinyl, this is the red variant .. w/ PS.
    c., 2012.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    a tough one to grab, think these were sold at the counter at Starbucks.. gone in days.
    I needed the PS.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  11. Maranatha5585

George Martin signed 8 x 10 promotional photo with The Beatles and Brian Epstein receiving a U.K. record award.
    c., 1964.

[​IMG]

12. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

They had ‘em at my local indie store. Two copies. I bought one. Days later I found out there were red/green variants. Went back and the other was long gone...

13. Maranatha5585

The Beatles - "Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band" release party.
    The Beatles attended a dinner party celebrating the LP's release at Brian Epsteins home..
    We have seen these photos many times over the years...
    c., late May, 1967.

[​IMG]

Note the Yellow Submarine promo badges Ringo and George wore at the release party.
    [​IMG]

About 38 years ago I came across one of these similar Yellow Sub promotional badges.
    I looked it over intently, and ended up purchasing the button. I can not recall exactly where this was , but I can date it around the time 1978/79 when I got my first butcher cover.
    I have never seen another in all these years... It has a VG++ front, with a locking pin back, well
    made. I would say it has the correct wear and patina dating to 1967. I believe it has some connection to the Beatles or that evening.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  14. marmil

Yeah, you don't see that many of him smiling quite that way - certainly not recently. I'd really like to know more about that pic - on the back of the print it says "Pic 9A 67% - so I don't know if it was used somewhere and shrunk by 67% or to 67%. But does it look like Blood On The Tracks-era to you?

15. 80sjunkie

80sjunkie Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Found this in a thrift shop a while back but not sure what it is. Image is the same as posters used to promote "Born to Run" but this is not a poster. Image is printed directly on a board and is pretty glossy despite some wear and tear.

16. marmil

It's the poster used to advertise Bruce's BTR show at The Bottom Line club in NYC in August of '75. I have (or maybe had) one just like it. The shows are pretty legendary and can be found on Youtube (I think).

80sjunkie likes this.
  17. Maranatha5585

The Beatles - SPLHCB Promo Badge - Part Two

Here are some very compelling photos of the reverse back of badge, and the side printing.
    The quality of the pins back is very well made as can be seen. The wear and slight rust, and
    patina I feel would easily date to 1966/67. Even more compelling is the side printing with
    obvious reference to record co, what looks like a copyright mark and a date of 1966.
    This thing has had me hooked for many years, I absolutely do not claim it to be the badge
    Ringo or George wore, but I thoroughly believe it to be associated with The Beatles.

Have a look...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. mrjinks

The date looks like 1968 to me, personally. Might that not make more sense, also, as a film promo?

19. Maranatha5585

Yeah, it surely does to me... I have definitely seen the exact or very similar photo.
    I may in fact have it in my Dylan folder, but there are several thousand and would take forever.
    Could have seen that on a Bootleg Series box set photo.

marmil likes this.
  20. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

Friends of Chile benefit concert, Felt Forum at Madison Square Garden, NYC, 9 May 1974.

Dylan was notoriously drunk at this gig, which accounts for the rare smile.

21. Maranatha5585

No, it is absolutely "1966" .. I can clearly see this with my eyes, and using a magnifying glass.
    They could not wear the badge in 1968... because the photos were taken at Brian's release dinner party late May, 1967.

The full print reads:
    '' PARLOPHONE (copyright circle) 1966 " the size is exactly correct.
    There are five (5) digits after the PARLOPHONE that look like 05103 , but the 0's could easily be 9's.
    This is the only part that is not fully readable.

UPDATE -
    the correct numbers are: " 05403 "
    Then I typed the entire print in a google search, it popped up :
    Beatles "Yellow Submarine" U.K. 1966 Parlophone 45 single.
    Absolutely nothing at all anywhere on the badge.

I'm going out on a limb, this son of a gun is real!
    Years ago I read something about some social work thing in New England,
    but nothing solid ever came of it. This is some kind of Parlophone Records promotional badge
    made for The Beatles Yellow Submarine .. no idea as to why the two would be wearing the badges
    at the release party, but they clearly were. There are other photos of this shot around.

AlmostHeavenWV and Mlle. Aurora like this.
  22. mrjinks

Must just be the angle on the pic...

Yours definitely looks vintage, but there are lots of pics of that on the ‘net, and repros made of it to this day, so perhaps it was more common than you think? Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, btw...

23. Maranatha5585

I added update above...

Also, the only one photo that comes up on google search is mine, been there for a number of years.
    The one on eBay, is clearly a repro, looking at the reverse.. which it shows you can see a lot of imprinted
    information and a hole in the backing. It's cool, don't think your Debbie, but do think it's authentic.

24. Maranatha5585

THE BEATLES U.S. CAPITOL RECORDS REEL TAPES

[​IMG]

These are believed to be authentic Beatles reel tapes from the Capitol Tower.
    I am not stating these are the genuine master tape reels, only that they appear to be
    from Capitol and EMI Music North America... and a great looking photo.

25. Trashman

Trashman Forum Resident

2000 copies worldwide, 1000 of each color.