More ...Signed Photos, LPs, Picture Sleeves, Promos, Memorabilia, Ephemera, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Maranatha5585, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Javed Jafri

Javed Jafri Forum Resident

My ticket to Heatwave which was called the New Wave Woodstock and some random rock buttons to fill out the scan:
    [​IMG]

2. Javed Jafri

Javed Jafri Forum Resident

I posted this on a pictures thread but I will post it here again, not really memorabilia but from an issue of Circus mag. I am wondering if this "bag of laughs" pic of John and Yoko is common. I don't remember seeing it until I dug out the old mag.
    [​IMG]

oboogie and OneStepBeyond like this.
  3. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam Thread Starter

I have that same ticket! Almost totally had forgotten this big gig in Canada...

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2018
    oboogie and OneStepBeyond like this.
  4. Derek Slazenger

Derek Slazenger Specs, rugs & rock n roll

I agree. What in the name of God was he/she thinking?! :eek:

oboogie and Maranatha5585 like this.
  5. Derek Slazenger

Derek Slazenger Specs, rugs & rock n roll

The signatures were done by Neil Aspinall :)

6. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

20+ years ago my ex and me attended an adoption fundraiser where Muhammad Ali was the special guest. They had a live auction kind of thing where items like his autographed boxing gloves were going for about 10 grand. I was a union laborer and could only dream about stuff like that. So, I bought 3 tickets in their raffle for a trip to Rome for $100 instead. Guess what? I won! Ali pulled my name out of a big tumbler, and when the sound of them calling out my name finally registered, I stumbled up to accept my prize. That's when the champ started coming at me, fists ready to make me look like Chuck Wepner. I threw up my hands, and when he smiled at me extending his hand for a shake, I did my best rope-a-dope, grabbing him by the back of the neck and planting a kiss on his cheek. Had this pic made and got him to sign it the following year when he was again the guest of honor. True story.

[​IMG]

7. phish

phish Jack Your Body

8. Maranatha5585

Right, no doubt ... probably got too caught up in the headlights, and had a chance to meet
    Tony, and decided to add him. The Pete Best is quite different, clean and rather nice.

oboogie likes this.
  9. Maranatha5585

That's right ... Neil Aspinall signed for the boys at different times.
    George Harrison offered this Hofner "Club 40" guitar as the winning prize in a 1965 music poll winning contest.

10. Maranatha5585

Extremely Rare Capitol Records Promotional In-Store Display
    U.S. Capitol Records large promo display poster .. very rarely seen, elaborate..
    hot orange background .. BEATLES HEADQUARTERS From CAPITOL RECORDS.
    Only seen in photos.. a vintage holy grail piece.
    c., 1964.

[​IMG]

forthlin, OneStepBeyond and oboogie like this.
  11. Maranatha5585

While taking it all in... must include the Rare, Historical "Billboard Hot 100" section released
    the week ending April 4, 1964. ***** TOP FIVE POSITIONS ***** Never will happen again.
    They were on four (4) different record labels : Vee-Jay, Tollie, Swan, and Capitol.
    c., 1964.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  12. Maranatha5585

Happy Birthday Bob!
    Here's a cool one... Dylan & Ali backstage on the "Rolling Thunder Revue" Tour
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. iray2000

iray2000 Active Member

I'm glad I found you guys. I think these are the beatles albums you've mentioned. In 1979 a friend of mine asked me if I've ever been to the parking lot sale at capitol records in Hollywood..? He said thats the place to get bootlegs and rare records. I don't think i even had my drivers license yet. So, me my little brother and my friend drove up that weekend. I remember asking a scruffy hippy looking guy with a ton of beatles stuff. Whats rare..? He had a box of maybe 20 plain cover records. He said this is a beatles rarites record that got cancelled and would never be released. Cant get much rarer than that. Then he showed me the Christmas album. He said these only go out to beatles fan club members. And this album had all the previous Christmas albums on it. Sold.!!! I bought both. I'd post pics of both albums but i need to figure that out.

iray2000

Maranatha5585 likes this.
  14. OneStepBeyond

OneStepBeyond Senior Member

This is a variation on the instructions I give people on how to add pictures to their posts: :)

But first: do you have an online account on a site where you can upload pictures. Imgur.com is the one that (so it seems) everyone now recommends and I've moved over there from Photobucket who used to be great but disabled the free sharing photos on places such as forums! This for those using a PC/Mac - I'd think it's similar on a phone and/or Android device. Forgive me for stating some obvious things here but let's assume we are starting from scratch...

Once you've uploaded your pictures - the site I mentioned its so user-friendly (as I'm sure others are) I don't think I need to describe how to do those things here... after all, I found how to do it in a minute or thereabouts and I'm not a computer expert by any means... you need to 'link' from one to the page on the forum. I do it by right clicking and selecting Copy Image Address (or similar - that's how it's worded on Google Chrome but might vary on other browsers.)

When you go to do another Reply, from the toolbar type thing that comes up above, look about 2/3 the way across and then click the one after the face. It will ask for the Image URL and you just do a right click and drop it into the box, of course clicking Insert as it asks.

I and I'm sure everyone who visits this thread would love to see the pictures of what you have -sounds very interesting!
    Hope this helps. And WELCOME TO THE FORUM. :cheers:

oboogie and Maranatha5585 like this.
  15. Loup

Loup Ancient Wool Unraveller

[​IMG]
    Nick, John and Roger - Fall 2011

Cokelike- likes this.
  16. OneStepBeyond

I can see this if I right click and Open image in new tab (on Chrome.) Otherwise, it's not displaying but please have a look at why... I can't be sure to be honest because this for me at least, was one of THE very best albums of the 80s and I have the sleeve framed on my wall, with only 10 other albums. And I'm certain others would like to see it here as well. So I think that says how important it was and still is to me. :) Sadly, neither of my copies are signed though...

Loup likes this.
  17. Loup

[​IMG]
    When I copy the link using the Imgur mobile app the picture won't display here. For this post I copied the BBcode link from the Imgur desktop site.

Nick, John and Roger - Fall 2011

18. Loup

[​IMG]
    Original US CD signed by all three - Taylor Rhodes Le Bon - Not very legible I'm afraid! - Fall 2011

19. Loup

[​IMG]
    Jon Anderson - Summer 2010

20. Loup

[​IMG]
    Another one from Jon - Summer 2010

21. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

[​IMG]
    Alan White - Summer 1997

22. OneStepBeyond

I try not to use mobile apps if I can avoid it... it might be me but they're too fiddly and unreliable but I realise some don't have or need PCs etc these days. Anyway, now we see it - great stuff! :righton:

Loup likes this.
  23. OneStepBeyond

Probably not the easiest to see due to the artwork... :) Another pretty great album and I prefer it to some of the DD ones to be honest. :shh:

Loup likes this.
  24. OneStepBeyond

Now this is one reason to have multiple copies, as I have, but am yet to get around to having them signed. :D I'm definitely a fan of Yes & associated artiest- love these!

MerseyBeatle likes this.
  25. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

Country legend Bobby Lewis sitting on the trademark 6-string lute which he still plays today both in the studio and at concerts.
    [​IMG]