More ...Signed Photos, LPs, Picture Sleeves, Promos, Memorabilia, Ephemera, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Maranatha5585, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam Thread Starter

The Beatles - "At The Hollywood Bowl" Promotional Display
    U.S. Capitol Records large 36" x 36" cardboard promo poster.
    Display has two small circular holes at top for hanging .. Enlarged
    photo that is seen inside the LP.
    c., 1977.

[​IMG]

2. Maranatha5585

John Lennon's Childhood Stamp Collection Album
    U.K. original stamp album gifted to young Lennon by his cousin Stanley Parkes.
    He would continue collecting and trading for sometime as a lad. Of course this is not in my collection... But I wanted to share some pics from the World Stamp Show display that was in
    NYC a couple years ago. The front page features John's signature, and there are early examples of some embellishing on a few stamps .. a sign of things to come. Enjoy!
    c., mid - late 1940's.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
    oboogie and OneStepBeyond like this.
  3. Maranatha5585

[​IMG]

David at the Bob Dylan exhibit in the U.K. a couple years back ... w/ original metal sculpture
    and an original "Train Tracks" hand painted canvas.
    [​IMG]

Jacktherabbit, oboogie and bluesky like this.
  4. Maranatha5585

Pardon the flow of the posts, the power and internet has cut out three times attempting to make this post, big storm here...

[​IMG]

The above photos are of my close friend, and best Dylan buddy David from Barcelona, Spain and I. We met five years ago over on Expecting Rain.. He and his lovely wife Merce' came to the USA
    last Summer for a CA. trip. They changed their traveling plans, and came down south to visit for a couple days! I helped them plan a driving trip down to Memphis, Clarksdale, and the Delta blues historical sites. Then they hit New Orleans, and flew on to Cali.

Record collecting and music can really bring people together ... what a cool thing!

5. Maranatha5585

KING CRIMSON - "Uncertain Times" European Tour 2018
    Get ready Europe! This was the scene yesterday in Poznan, Poland as Crimson
    prepare for the June 13th tour opening. The eight-headed beast is coming soon.
    Do NOT miss this on your life. Tickets on sale www.dgmlive.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AntLantic, oboogie and OneStepBeyond like this.
  6. Maranatha5585

Bob Dylan with Bob Neuwirth listening to an acetate disc of Blonde On Blonde.
    photo: Jan Peerson. c., 1966.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  7. OneStepBeyond

OneStepBeyond Senior Member

Sweet! I collected stamps for a very short time... I was about 10 and an elder brother already had a collection so 'donated' some of his to me. Just shows what someone like Lennon enjoyed doing a lot of the things other kids did and it's amazing to think of what he could have been like at such an age.

Maranatha5585 likes this.
  8. Maranatha5585

[​IMG]

It's Here... And It's Damaged.
    After six months of patiently waiting for my "Concert For George" deluxe box set, it arrived yesterday afternoon. I was so excited, but was immediately taken back by the less than adequate cardboard box packaging. I did not notice any dents, indentations, tears, etc to the outer box .. but was still wary. Upon opening, there were no little styro peanuts, no padding.. just placed in a box with a shaky cardboard type inner with fold over covers, and placed in the shipping box. Nothing whatsoever like the very well packed Beatles Mono / Stereo Box sets or even the Harrison large LP box. The quality control is horrible. The idea of shipping such a hyped, expensive, and long awaited item this way is disgusting. Sad.

When I opened it, I gazed at the long awaited sealed box and immediately saw a
    one inch dent 3/4 the way down the front right side. This continued on the right side of the box also. Here's the thing- the outer shipping box while woefully inadequate, showed no sign of a dent, tear or distress. This clearly means that some person actually went ahead and packed my copy that way. I've been at this all my life, that is what happened. Where is the quality control ? the righteous way of doing things. I mean I have only spent half my life and $$$ supporting The Beatles, and George .. just a month ago breaking the bank over one of the rarest U.S. Warner Bros. SIE original acetates... So, I wrote customer service late afternoon yesterday, with a clear subject heading.. the full story with photos. The working day is now over in the U.K. and no response at all as of yet.

I mean when the producer of a product such as this, places a limited, numbered edition with all the special things inside - and then the product arrives as this did... Where is the quality control and responsibility I ask ? where is the righteousness in that.. I'm hurt, disgusted, and I'm Down.

I have not opened it, sits sealed and dented on the table.. and I like my Beatles / Solo things NM. I was hoping to get some response by now, but nothing yet. The photos do not show the extent, worse in person ... It's the front cover of the box!
    Do I open it, and even attempt to bend the one inch part of the cover, and what about the right side of the box as well.

Olivia, Dhani, Customer Service help me please.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  9. Maranatha5585

King Crimson - HEROES EP

[​IMG]

oboogie likes this.
  10. Maranatha5585

Well... once again, I have been timed out on the above post (hate when that happens).
    As excitement and best wishes for King Crimson's "Uncertain Times" 2018 European tour starts tomorrow night in Poland ... I have a sealed "Heroes" EP CD (above) to send out to someone. Track listing is: Heroes, Easy Money, Starless (edit), The Hellhounds Of Krim, and Heroes (radio edit). Strong powerful live performances from the 2016 tour. Just let me know if you are interested, I'll pick someone and get it out. U.S. destination only please .. So sorry, but current health issues will not let me get to the post office. I can throw some stamps on and get it out asap. Enjoy!
    c., 2017.

[​IMG]
    KC 2018 European program

AntLantic, oboogie and OneStepBeyond like this.
  11. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

Man, that sucks. Sorry it arrived in such a condition. I know companies most likely outsource the shipping duties, but they should demand proper packing. If they paid more for the shipping / packing service, it would cut down on costly returns, thus helping the bottom line.

12. Maranatha5585

So... after waiting for a response from George Harrison customer service regarding my damaged deluxe box set for two full business days- I've said sod it, something they might understand better. Yeah, I was sick of looking at it for two days on the table. I went ahead and opened it up, seriously wondering IF the buckling down the right side was as bad as it could be, lucked out there.. barely noticeable. The real dilemma was could I possibly bend the lousy dent on the front cover box. I tried my best to pull it up, carefully bending and trying my very best to smooth it out. Turned out so - so, still very obvious.. but basically straight. I have a feeling I am going to have to just deal with it. Sad. I am actually afraid if they ask me to send it back, as what they could send could be even worse. The packing and shipping was the worst I've ever dealt with, given the hype, price, and six month wait. As mentioned above I sent them an email a couple hours after delivery with photos asking for help .. 48 hours over there.. two full business days with no communication whatsoever.

As I opened the shrink, my hopes for a decent piece of the actual hand-painted custom stage curtain grew ... Would it be decent, or an odd piece ? .. What number did I get ?
    Am I going to get decent LP's, book and inside packaging ? Not perfect, two inner sleeve seam splits, and some unfortunate individual album cover blemishes. Was surprised the inner sleeves did not have the clear anti-static protection. It is what it is... All in all a nice well presented set. Last time I want to say this (I hope), just horrible decision making as far as cutting corners with the packaging and the shipping box. And... my deluxe box was packed with the front dent and damage by a worker. Clearly dropped, with no evidence on the outer box whatsoever...
    The End.

I love my portion of the CFG hand-painted stage curtain .. Number # 0776 of 1000.
    Missed it by one digit 0777 God's + number of perfection.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  13. Maranatha5585

What ... No King Crimson enthusiasts ?
    I have three of the KC "Heroes" EP CD's and want to send one to someone.
    FREE is good people .. get in touch if interested.
    U.S. only as I am unable to drive now and stand at the post office due to health issues.
    Sorry about that, but this way I can just throw some stamps on and send.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    lightbulb likes this.
  14. OneStepBeyond

OneStepBeyond Senior Member

Such bad news - I'm sorry to read of the problems you've had with this. Someone so dedicated to be let down so badly... It IS a sad state of affairs.

15. MerseyBeatle

Just found out that D.J. Fontana passed away yesterday at 87. All the King’s men are now gone. :cry:

In memory of D.J. and Scotty, here is a signed photo from my collection of them in concert, 1956.
    [​IMG]

D.B., adriatikfan, oboogie and 5 others like this.
  16. Maranatha5585

17. Maranatha5585

My cut of the wall of sound...
    [​IMG]

18. Maranatha5585

The Beatles - BEATLES '65 Promotional LP Display
    U.S. Capitol Records .. RARE, original - Dec, 1964 promo counter display.
    Measuring 12 1/4'' x 12 1/4'', quite unique.. it can be used as the counter display, or as a hanging mobile. This Capitol promo LP is a mock-up cover promoting the Beatles on one side, and a Nat King Cole album on the other side! These were made for both artists to be featured for the easel counter display. It has a tab at the top center, that will display as a mobile. This particular example features Nat King Cole as the cover for the easel. This item was never used as prepared.. amazingly, the Beatles cover side with the perforated easel flaps, and hang tab is nice and flat, NM-. The record store owner displayed the Beatles LP cover on the wall ... aside from pin holes at the corners it's sweet! The mock-up promotional LP cover does open up for a record...
    c., 1964.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  19. Maranatha5585

Just noticing an extra cool thing, or two!
    The Capitol promotional LP display used a MONO cover slick for the BEATLES '65 side. The Nat King Cole cover slick is STEREO .. The Beatles are featured on the spine of this rare mock-up LP cover. The Beatles cover has the opening on the right hand side .. Coolness!

oboogie, lightbulb and OneStepBeyond like this.
  20. Maranatha5585

:wave: Tomorrow is the last day to contact me if you wanted the King Crimson
    sealed E.P. CD "Heroes" .. I'll pick someone, and get it out Monday. Enjoy.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oboogie, lightbulb and MerseyBeatle like this.
  21. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

[​IMG]
    a few fun Beatle stamps, probably not really worth much just display items.​

22. MerseyBeatle

A mug from 1965 -1966 Liverpool. “The Cavern - Home of the Mersey Sound”. Still has the “Prince William Ware, England” on the other side.

[​IMG]

23. MerseyBeatle

Sheet #1 of 8 Beatles Yellow Submarine Rub-Ons from Nabisco Rice Honeys and Wheat Honeys cereals, 1968.

[​IMG]

24. Maranatha5585

Luck of the draw... and, the winner is Keep667
    I will send your King Crimson "Heroes" CD out today.
    Congrats to Hans S. of N.C. .. Enjoy.

25. Maranatha5585

Very nice together!

MerseyBeatle likes this.