More ...Signed Photos, LPs, Picture Sleeves, Promos, Memorabilia, Ephemera, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Maranatha5585, Oct 20, 2017.

1. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

I too received my gift from my friend and yours.....Bruce. Thank you Bruce, you’re a good man. I really appreciate the additions to my collection.

[​IMG]

2. MerseyBeatle

Stamps from West Germany, 1988. Buddy Holly, Elvis Presley, Jim Morrison, and John Lennon.

[​IMG]

3. Nascimento Brasil

Nascimento Brasil Forum Resident

[QUOTE = "Maranatha5585, postagem: 17404905, membro: 29204"][​IMG]
    [CITAR]

I really like portrait photography!
    Maranatha, please, who is the person in the photo?

4. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam Thread Starter

Hello.. I'm Johnny Cash

5. Nascimento Brasil

Nascimento Brasil Forum Resident

This photo, proves that the stars also grow old!

[​IMG]

MerseyBeatle and oboogie like this.
  6. MerseyBeatle

The USPS 1960s decade stamps from 1999, which features our favorite subsurface craft and musical quartet. Of course some other cool stamps for Star Trek and the Ford Mustang.

[​IMG]

7. Loup

Loup Ancient Wool Unraveller

In 1969 19 year old Robert Quinn cut Paul’s head off of the Abbey Road billboard and still has it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

D.B., OneStepBeyond, bluesky and 7 others like this.
  8. Maranatha5585

King Crimson Play Pompeii, Italy
    During the "Uncertain Times" European 2018 tour, the mighty Krim just played Pompeii
    before stopping in Rome, and onward .. Photos by bassist Tony Levin.
    c., 2018.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  9. Maranatha5585

Bob Dylan & Andy Warhol... And The Elvis Painting
    U.S. NYC Andy Warhol has Dylan do a screen test at The Factory in 1965.
    The story gets lost in translation.. from payment for the screen test, to just walking away with it, to a later trade for a sofa with manager Albert Grossman's wife (?)
    Whatever the truth is, the story is legendary .. Dylan took the double Elvis painting.
    c., 1965.

[​IMG]
    Andy and Bob talk about the double Elvis at the Factory.

Dylan with Bob Neuwirth and Victor Maymudes leaving The Factory with Elvis on
    Dylan's station wagon roof. You can see them holding on to the painting in traffic.
    [​IMG]

10. Maranatha5585

George Harrison Amp Purchase Agreement 1960
    Incredibly Rare! Wish I had this amazing signed purchase agreement from Hessy Ltd. the music store where the Beatles purchased many of their early instruments and equipment. The contract is signed by 17 year old George Harrison, and witnessed by Stuart Sutcliffe .. June, 1960. WOW!
    c., 1960.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

D.B., OneStepBeyond, jricc and 4 others like this.
  11. oboogie

oboogie Forum Resident

Incredible piece of history. Thank you for sharing this.

MerseyBeatle and Maranatha5585 like this.
  12. swedwards1960

swedwards1960 Forum Resident

If that isn’t another clue, I don’t know what is.

13. Maranatha5585

Paul McCartney - "Give My Regards To Broad Street" Promo Display
    U.S. Columbia Records in-store counter display for promotion of the film and album. Perhaps farthest from my favorite Paul endeavor.. this was probably the first promo item that I was eager to sell, and did decades ago.
    c., 1984.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  14. Maranatha5585

John Lennon - RARE Signed "MMT" LP
    U.S. Capitol Records signed John Lennon "Magical Mystery Tour" LP cover.
    This amazing example was signed on December 2, 1980 .. just days before he would be assassinated. Nice full signature with caricature, and date. This is currently listed by Perry Cox on eBay..
    c., 1967 / 1980.

[​IMG]

15. oboogie

oboogie Forum Resident

Someone will be very lucky to win this item. I love the seller’s story on how she obtained his autograph...

On Jul-22-18 at 16:51:40 PDT, seller added the following information:

Here is more to the history and the story of the day this was signed. The fan traveled from New Jersey to try and meet him. She was extremely nervous as John and Yoko Ono walked towards her, she said Hi! Can I please have your autograph? When he took the album to sign it she told him her mom loved The Beatles, but John was her favorite. She told John her mom died but she showed him the plush monkey she was carrying that her mother had given her before she had passed away. John shook his (the monkeys) hand, smiled and sang the line "Everyone's got something to hide except for me and my monkey" She then said I love you John, thank you, my mom is smiling in heaven. He started to walk away and said "All you need is Love" She said she will never forget that day. Because it was all about having a moment her mother never got to have.

16. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Sorry, this sounds like fan fiction.

I don't think John was known for walking around quoting Beatles lyrics.

17. Maranatha5585

Just beautiful man... Fab4 Forever!
    I had not read the added info note... interesting.
    50 bids .. over 5K as of today.

oboogie likes this.
  18. oboogie

oboogie Forum Resident

I know there are 2 days remaining but I thought it would north of $10k. It will be interesting watching how the bidding goes in the final minutes of the listing.

Maranatha5585 likes this.
  19. MerseyBeatle

I have a soft spot for GMRTBS and this item in particular for some reason. Broad street gets trashed but i enjoy it and the music videos are ok (well maybe not Silly Love Songs). This promo item was a gift from a buddy of mine who managed a record store. Unfortunately, I sold mine many years ago. Wish I still had it.

Maranatha5585 and oboogie like this.
  20. Maranatha5585

We'll see... think if it gets that high it will be towards the end.
    You can NOT tell anymore .. people are paying insane prices for things I don't understand, while other items of interest are high, but not nuts (?).

I was dubious about it really.. but have never went back to see it again. I got mine from my promo man.. the cassette, the whole thing was just odd to me.
    Went quick, which was a rare thing for me.

21. Maranatha5585

I have some very fond memories of going to see the Beatles movies...
    My earliest movie memory was going to ''AHDN'' in 1964 .. but I was 8 and don't remember it so well. What I do remember was going to see ''HELP!'' in 1965. They played another rock movie with it, that had the Rolling Stones too. There is a good chance it was a news reel and not a movie, they played some Beatles news reels back then in L.A. .. When ''Yellow Submarine'' came out, I did not get to see it for a couple years, (gasp) we were moving from L.A. to Pgh, PA in 1968. When "Let It Be" came out we went immediately. It was all we talked about for months before and after. I remember skipping high school one day in 1971, we dropped some orange sunshine and went to see Zappa's ''200 Motels'' w/ Ringo and hung out downtown all day.. 16 years old Crazy! Then there was that big movie thing ''The Beatles Across The Universe'' I think it was like the first Beatles type thing..
    That brings us to Paul and his ''Broad Street'' movie. Ugh...
    Then finally.. ''The Beatles Anthology'' came out .. Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!!

I don't know where I was going with all that... but I enjoyed the trip down memory lane of my Beatles childhood. Now- for some reason I am going to tell you where I bought my first early Beatles 45's and LP's as I go back in time..... 1964 - 1967 L.A. I started taking drum lessons soon after seeing the Beatles on Ed Sullivan. There was a "SAVE ON" THRIFTY Drug Store a few doors down from the music shop. This was a near by shopping center in the Northridge area of the valley.. I got all my Capitol, Swan, VJ 45's and PS's there! They sold all the top 40 singles. My LP's almost always came from a dept. store called FEDCO. I can also remember buying original Beatles LP's at Sears. The record stores all came later.
    So there you go...

And... I had to buy them all again, and again, and again, and again..

22. Maranatha5585

John Lennon Takes Over KHJ-AM Radio AS Guest DJ
    L.A. KHJ Radio was one of my local top 40 stations along with KRLA during the 1960's.
    This was the day that ''Walls And Bridges'' was released September 27, 1974.

John Lennon on WNEW FM New York Guest DJ
    John does NYC his way ... and does a promo for Thrifty .. ha ha!

Lennon DJs on NYC Radio 1974

John Lennon on KHJ-AM | 9-27-74 - part 2

oboogie and MerseyBeatle like this.
  23. Maranatha5585

Paul McCartney looking great at Abbey Road Studios for a concert the other day..
    He played a rare impromptu Cavern Club gig earlier this afternoon in Liverpool!
    Reports should be coming in soon...

[​IMG]

24. Maranatha5585

THE BEATLES ** STAR ** ON VINE ST. BY THE CAPITOL RECORDS TOWER
    U.S. Hollywood, CA. Walk Of Fame .. Each individual Beatle has their own separate star
    as well on Vine Street.

[​IMG]

25. Maranatha5585

Slight correction: The Beatles star is at Hollywood Blvd and Le Brea Gateway. While all four of the Beatles individual stars are by the front of the Capitol Tower. It's a beautiful place to be late at night with the front of the Capitol building foyer brightly lit up with Beatles gold and platinum records shining on display, and the Beatles stars all around.

oboogie and MerseyBeatle like this.