More ...Signed Photos, LPs, Picture Sleeves, Promos, Memorabilia, Ephemera, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Maranatha5585, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam Thread Starter

No. 0000001 ~ Devastating RARE! .. LP cover appears brilliant VG++

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  2. oboogie

oboogie Forum Resident

John Lennon Bag One Frontis Litho (271 of 300)

[​IMG]

3. oboogie

oboogie Forum Resident

Paul McCartney Big Mountain Face Litho (79 of 200)

[​IMG]

4. oboogie

oboogie Forum Resident

George Harrison Here Comes The Sun Litho (59 of 850)

[​IMG]

5. oboogie

oboogie Forum Resident

Ringo Starr Krayzee Litho (37 of 100)

[​IMG]

6. Maranatha5585

I was looking at a folder today that contained many original record convention brochures that I attended during the mid 1970's.. onward. These are great to look back on, as they listed the full schedule of events, the guests, and more.. This was the heyday of Beatles collecting with the early BEATLEFESTS of NYC and Chicago .. These are as new NM copies.

Starting with my memorable first.. Beatlefest '77 NYC, Beatlefest '78 NYC, Beatlefest '78 Chicago. These were the golden days.. I took a long break and then went to Beatlefest '84 NYC (though, I truly remember it as 1982, but here's the program.. so ?). Another long break, and the last one was Beatlefest '99 Orlando.

I am so happy to have my very first ever record convention events schedule for the huge "Rock N Roll Expo '75" .. held in Washington D.C. .. I had just turned 20, that was the beginners luck thing with "The Beatles VS Four Seasons" SEALED Mono LP for $25.00 !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  7. Maranatha5585

8. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

How much were the signed Julien's catalogues?

9. Maranatha5585

Absolutely beautiful made set..
    IIRC: Unsigned ... $300.00 / Signed ... $1000.00

I know it was $300. and I had just gone absolutely nuts on the plaque..
    I asked if I may have the set for $200. as I was a high bid winner, then she went, and had to ask, returned and said they would approve the discount. The signed was exact same for $1000. I was not even considering the signed copy.. Ringo is well covered.

MerseyBeatle and oboogie like this.
  10. Maranatha5585

Julia Lennon ~ Wooden Cross
    U.K. Liverpool .. Allerton Cemetery, Liverpool. It is here where Julia Lennon was buried.
    Leaving from a visit with sister Mimi, Julia was struck by an off duty constable, who only had a learners permit.. Incredibly sad. I lost my Mom when I was 17 too, I certainly can identify with John's deep anger, and angst .. For years there was only an unmarked grave with a wooden cross .. Julia passed away the evening of July 15, 1958. This grave site must have been a horrible memory of a nightmare that affected everyone so tragically. Especially John .. Julia Baird, with the family did eventually erect a marker stone at the grave site..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  11. Maranatha5585

Aretha Franklin + RIP
    1942 ~ 2018
    Thank you angel .. ''Queen Of Soul''

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    MerseyBeatle, Giorgio and oboogie like this.
  12. oboogie

oboogie Forum Resident

Her voice, magical!

13. MerseyBeatle

14. Maranatha5585

15. oboogie

oboogie Forum Resident

In celebration of the upcoming Imagine music, book and movies... John Lennon Imagine postcards.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Maranatha5585 and MerseyBeatle like this.
  16. Derek Slazenger

Derek Slazenger Specs, rugs & rock n roll

'Tracks' currently have this for sale;

[​IMG]

Described thusly;

"An extremely rare Star Club, Hamburg Rock n’ Twist-Zentrale entry ticket that has been autographed on the reverse by The Beatles in blue ink. Paul McCartney has added the group name ‘The Beatles’ above his signature. The autographs were signed during the group’s last stint at the Star Club which took place between 18th and 31st December 1962 for Clint raven a member of the group The Wags. The signatures come with a letter from the daughter of the original recipient that reads ‘In the 1960s nis-Uwe Westphal aka Clint Raven (16.05.1943 – 13.05.2014) met The Beatles at the Star Club a couple of times performing alongside as a member of the Wags. He always told me that within the group John Lennon has the most absurd kind of humour running around adorned with a toilet seat around his neck. My father liked the way the Beatles represented the spirit of that time not answering the question journalists in a kind and thankful manner anymore. Clint has always been a devoted guitarist and singer holding up the spirit and music of the 60s’. The ticket measures 9cm x 5cm (3.5 inches x 2.4 inches). There is some bleeding to the ink due to the paper type. The condition is very good."

Amazing.....

OneStepBeyond, mrjinks, Loup and 6 others like this.
  17. Maranatha5585

Traveling Wilburys ~ Promotional Swag
    U.S. promotional items from the Traveling Wilburys Vol. I & III LP's.
    c., 1988 - 1990.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  18. Skokiaan

Skokiaan Forum Resident

I have/had these. The Wilbury Twist is not an official item.

l-l-d likes this.
  19. Maranatha5585

If you are speaking of the licorice, there is indeed a counterfeit of the original.
    These are real examples ... the jar of peanut butter, I do not have and have only seen pictures of...

oboogie and MerseyBeatle like this.
  20. Maranatha5585

"The Beatles Forever" EMI Promotional Campaign
    EMI Toshiba Japan .. in-store promo merchandise bag.
    c., 1978.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. Pim

Pim Forum Resident

It's so bizarre to me that stuff like the above "BEATLES FOREVER" stuff was around when all four where still around and they had only disbanded a couple of years earlier!

D.B. likes this.
  22. Maranatha5585

ULTRA Rare Early Beatles Signature Receipt Book
    U.K. A super rare receipt book from Hambleton Hall in suburban Liverpool where John, Paul, & George as The Beatles were paid for performances. This was when they were playing for often just pounds a night. Wonderful iconic early formation signatures .. Superb!
    These were sold by Frank Caiaizo many years ago.
    c., 1961.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. MerseyBeatle

Love it. I had the Wilbury on Board piece but like the fool I am, I sold it. I’m looking to buy one now as it was a favorite of mine.

I do still have this. A promo display for Vol. 1. This picture isn’t mine, but the one I have is still mint.
    [​IMG]

24. Maranatha5585

Frank Caiazzo is the most accomplished trained eye when it comes to authenticating Beatles signatures, and handwritten items. Frank is generally able to tell within a couple of months of when items were signed. This was one of the rarest, and most amazing items he has came across. The payment receipt book from Hambleton Hall in the suburbs of Liverpool was quite a place. The Beatles played there a total of 16 times. The receipts date from Feb. 1961 through Nov. 1961, where they were playing for mere pounds a performance. Hambleton Hall was a wild violent club full of teds.. George was really just a kid .. Reports are the Hambleton receipt books originally belonged to Bob Wooler of the Cavern, who promoted shows at Hambleton Hall throughout 1961 with his business partner Vic Anton.

MerseyBeatle and oboogie like this.
  25. Maranatha5585