More Vinyl coming from Sundazed!!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by -Ben, May 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Ben

-Ben Senior Member Thread Starter

While we are expressing our FREE opinions about LP sound....
    The new Alison Krauss "New Favorite" LP is truly fantastic....mastered by Ray Staff.
    The new WHO My Generation is MONO and not so great.
    Again...just my opinion.
    BC

2. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

Getting back to the Byrds. Do you think the Legacy CDs sound better than the Sundazed LPs? On my system(which is tube) the 5D sundazed release sounds much fuller and richer than the CD remaster.

3. Mike V

Mike V New Member

Maybe these are the same mixes used by Sony Legacy. But someone did a rather lousy transfer if that's the case. I think the studio Byrds LPs re-released by Sundazed sound terrible (yes, terrible). Compare these LPs to something like their release of Albert King Born Under A Bad Sign and it's night & day. Anyone who doesn't have the Albert King LP should pick it up now & thank me later!!!

4. Mike V

Mike V New Member

I think it might sound better than the CD, but I think there's still a lot on the master tape that never made it onto those grooves.

5. Vivaldinization

Vivaldinization Active Member

5D is remixed very weirdly...essentially, it's remixed to sound like the LP, faults and all. The mixes that show up on the boxed set are a LOT less processed, but are also simultaneously "less faithful" because of it.

-D

6. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Didn't the box set use the original mixes for the 5D material? I know 8 Miles High was the original mix on there...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.