Most irritating TV commercial you've ever seen

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by guy incognito, Nov 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

What about Chevy with "Like a Rock"! UGH!

2. Mad Matt

Mad Matt New Member

I've been boycotting OSH ever since seeing this commercial! :hurl:

-Matt

3. YaQuin

YaQuin Formerly Blue Moon

Jon, oh yeah! Me and my girlfriend hate that commercial because he sold out so fast. Lost a lot of respect for Bob Seger at that point.

Why ruin a good song. :confused:

4. YaQuin

YaQuin Formerly Blue Moon

Matt, who is OSH?

5. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

Ford has some of the most annoying auto ads on the air, and they have for years now. Gee, no wonder they're near bankruptcy. :rolleyes: The Queen ad was particularly offensive and insipid.

Dan C

6. tim_neely

tim_neely Forum Hall Of Fame

Kid Rock for Coors beer in NFL stadiums. Mute button every time. I never even understood what he was yelling for the longest time. He looks like a clean-shaven Hank Jr. in those commercials. "Somebody's Gotta Feel This" ... Yo Kid, how about someone throwing one o' those cups o' piss water back in yo' face? Feel THAT!

McDonald's "I'm Lovin' It" -- I'm not lovin' it.

But the one series of commercials that was so bad it made me boycott the company were the Holiday Inn commercials with that unkempt male idiot who would crash at his parents' home, start bossing them around, with some sort of punch line about Holiday Inn. Those were insipid. And there was a whole series of 'em!

7. Craig

Craig (unspecified) Staff

I do like the Dodge Trucks "Hey, that thing got a Hemi?" series of commercials. No music - that must be the key. :)

8. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

I HATE that new Old Navy commercial with L'il Kim("You in da hood now, baby!"). I don't know why, I just find it very irritating.

Evan

9. mudbone

mudbone Gort Annaologist

Queen Latifah's "Cover Girl" commercial.

mud-:D

10. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Money!!!!, Cash, Coin, Green Stuff, Bills, Food, Shelter, Habits, Needs, Wife, Kids...:) Those "Royalty Checks" come in handy...

11. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I haven't seen it..but I know I'd find it very irritating too!:thumbsup: :)

12. audiodrome

audiodrome Senior Member

These are the same people that fry their eggs in a quart of oil. Remember that one? - "no more messy eggs"

13. Mad Matt

Mad Matt New Member

Orchard Supply Hardware. A pretty major chain around here, but they may just be regional.

-Matt

14. sprocket

sprocket Active Member

Today is a bad day to have diarrhea...So when is a good day to have diarrhea?

Old Navy commercials

15. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member Thread Starter

One I'd forgotten about (and was reminded of this evening) is the commercial for one of the airlines (Northwest?) where we see a bunch of angry-looking business travelers barking at the camera (in a series of rapidly-edited shots) that "I need flights...I need miles...I need perks...if it wasn't important I wouldn't be flying halfway across the country...you got a problem with that?" It's basically an "attitude" campaign that might be effective for the hard-driving corporate types it's aimed at, but really puts me off.

16. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

The one I hate at the moment is the shopping.com commercial where the guy finds out he overpayed and beats himself up.

That gets old after the 10th time you see it.

17. Mike

Mike New Member

The Infone commercials with a close up on some guys face while he explains how Infone saved him from dire circumstances.

This guy talking on the imaginary phone. I want him to shove his finger into his inner hear and rupture his cochlea.

[​IMG]

18. mdp7751

mdp7751 New Member

From about 10 years ago, CBS Sports had a bald fat guy sitting around his couch watching football on TV, then he suddenly breaks through the third wall, looks right at the camera, and exclaims:

"I'm a BIIIIIIG fan!"

Repeated endlessly. ugh.

19. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member Thread Starter

Speaking of football, that whole Coors Light "here's to..." series, which is featured prominently during sports telecasts, has gotten on my last nerve. Those twins, along with that ****ty band that accompanies them, can go jump of the nearest cliff, pronto.

20. audiodrome

audiodrome Senior Member

I just thought of another one that justs reeks of pretentiousness - the Turning Leaf wine commercial where the guy is preparing the perfect gourmet meal for his girlfriend/wife and finishes just as she walks in the door (or in another one where she meets him on the rooftop). Gag me with a spoon indeed...

21. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

A prime example of Corporate rap. Also, the first time that Li'il Kim is fully clothed.

I hereby declare the most irritating commercials of the season are any of the ones that have a tie-in with The Cat in The Hat movie. Each of them try to sell their product doing very poor imitations of Dr. Suess rhyming patterns. :realmad:

22. vinyl anachronist

vinyl anachronist Senior Member

Any commercial for Old Navy is unendurable. A chimpanzee wrote the copy for those abominations. I'm also glad that Carl's Jr. finally stopped showing commercials of people eating noisily for thirty seconds. They should hire the ad agency Jack-In-The-Crack uses.

23. JoelDF

JoelDF Senior Member

I'll second the motion that the latest McDonald's "I'm lovin' it" campaign as one that I ain't lovin'.

Joel

24. quadjoe

quadjoe Senior Member

Here's one from the '60's that I'd forgotten about until my wife reminded me of it:

The Shake 'n' Bake ad where they have a little girl with an unbearably phony southern accent saying: "And ah hayelped." I'm so glad that they don't show that one anymore.

25. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

Do you remember the name of the little girl's mother? If I remember correctly, it was Topie Smelly! How could you forget a name like that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.