Moth Alamo Turntable - Does anyone has any knowledge regarding these.

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Danny, Apr 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danny

Danny Senior Member Thread Starter

Hello,

I've just searched through some of the older inquires about upgrading turntables and haven't found much info on the Moth turntable. Does anyone know if it's any good? Here's a link...

http://www.britaudio.com/AlamoTurntable.html

Here's my situation. I started getting back into my Vinyl slowly over the last year or two. I first upgraded my cartridge from the cheapie model I had to a Grado Prestige Red. I realize that the Red isn't high end by any means, but I noticed a big improvement right away. Then I bought some Disc Doctor fluid/brushes and found those to be excellent - but time consuming. After that I saved (for a long time) and bought a VPI 16.5. I've been using that with the DD fluid/brushes and I have been blown away by the improvement. So know I'm saving for a good turntable so I can retire my Technics (BD-22? SD-22?) which refuses to play 45 rpm records properly.

Sorry for the boring ramble, but does this Moth seem like a good deal, or is it just a watered down version of a Rega? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Danny H.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.