movies that are available in 3 more versions

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Rocker, Jul 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member Thread Starter

I might still have my old VHS copy somewhere, but I'll have to dig around for it. If I manage to find it, I'll check that scene and report back. :)

It would be nice to have that "special longer version" on DVD, as there are a few bits of footage that didn't make into the director's cut... plus it was the version I grew up with, so I have a nostalgic attachment to it. ;)

2. Dee Zee

Dee Zee Once Upon a Dream

We'll there are the 3 Godfather films and then the 2 different TV saga versions.

3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

of which I'd love to have on DVD!

4. davidshirt

davidshirt =^,,^=

What are the three BTTF cuts? I know the ending was altered for vhs an TV to indicate the series was continuing.

5. TeacFan

TeacFan Forum Resident In Memoriam

Watching TCM tonight and I guess there are three versions of Chaplin's "The Gold Rush". They ran one tonight that had scenes new to me. I guess Kevin Brownlow & Company have put together a work-in- progress version of the original 1925 print.

6. Larry Geller

Larry Geller Surround sound lunatic

The most obvious one: Once Upon A Time In America.

7. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

If it's the most obvious, why'd it take 31 posts to get to it? :shh: ;)

8. Larry Geller

I cannot begin to imagine. Obvious to me, I guess. Maybe because the third version STILL hasn't come out on Blu yet, so maybe many people don't even know about the new, even longer cut.

9. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Not that famous movie among the general public, new version not actually released yet, still the most obvious - got it! :D ;)

10. Larry Geller

Most obvious to me, not you, I guess. First movie I thought of when I saw the post.

11. Jason Pumphrey

Jason Pumphrey Forum Resident

1 cut of Oliver Stone's Alexander was 1 cut too many!

12. ferdinandhudson

ferdinandhudson Forum Resident

Highlander: French theatrical cut / International theatrical cut / US theatrical cut / Director's Cut (as seen on the 1995 US VHS and subsequent LD and DVD releases, smilar to the international theatrical cut but loses some dialogue in the mix)

Highlander II: US theatrical cut (91 min) / UK-Euro theatrical cut (101 min) / Renegade Version / Special Edition

Highlander III (The Sorcerer/The Final Dimension): US theatrical PG-13 / International theatrical / Director's Cut (with extra CGI, as seen on the first non-anamorphic DVD). The international version also has at least a couple of variations as per song replacements both in the actual movie as well as in the end credits.

Highlander Endgame: Theatrical cut / Producers' cut / Rough cut. There have also been one VCD release floating around with footage not seen in the other cuts but not officially released.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.