Movies that are too dark to see what is going on **

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Mirrorblade.1, Jan 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

Not to sound pedantic again, but.... :p William Castle was the producer on Bug (and I believe he also wrote the screenplay), but the actual director was Jeannot Szwarc. And it was from 1975. ;)

I should dig that one out and watch it again sometime... I know I've got it on DVD somewhere. I'm a sucker for B-movies about people getting killed by any kind of animals/insects/creatures/monsters ;)

2. Maggie

Maggie like a walking, talking art show

LOL, sorry Vidiot, I meant William Friedkin's movie from 2006.

3. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Yeah, I remember that too - I think he made a comment that in some of his scenes, you just see eyes bobbing around the screen! :laugh:

4. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Oh, by an amazing coincidence, I worked on that one, too (and actually got credit), but only for dailies. Surprisingly, Mr. Friedkin was very complimentary and easy to work with. They had a big problem on-set during the final (explosive) scene, where I think the resulting fire was about five times bigger than they had planned. Luckily, nobody got hurt and it all looked good on film. Friedkin looks amazingly young and energetic in person -- I could easily believe he was 20 years younger than his actual age.

Maggie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.