Movies that you wish would exist

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MikaelaArsenault, Jan 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

A film about Juan Pujol, also known as GARBO. This guy was amazing.

He was a Spaniard who hated Fascists, and decided to become a spy to thwart Hitler. He approached both the Americans and the British, and both of them blew him off. So he invented a persona as a pro-Nazi Spanish government official and approached the Germans. They hired him, gave him a big pile of cash, a bottle of invisible ink and a crash course in spycraft and told him to go to England and recruit more spies.

Instead, he went to the library and started writing fictional reports from newsreels, commercial shipping timetables and his own powerful imagination - sending the Germans on a wild goose chase. At that point, the British finally noticed him, hired him, and brought him to England for real.

He spent the rest of the war inventing a fake network of 27 secret agents all of whom were being paid by the Nazis essentially funding the British intelligence service.

He was a vital part of Operation Overlord, and managed to convince the Nazis that D-Day was going to actually be invasions landing on three different places, and that Normandy was a diversion from the BIG one that would happen at Calis - which is why Romel and his tanks were not at Normandy. As horribly difficult as D-Day was, it could have been ten times as difficult.

Toward the end of the war the Germans thought he was in London to report where the V1 rockets were falling (he was giving them fake coordinates to make the bombs fall in the countryside instead.) For his "bravery" Hitler awarded him the Iron Cross! And for his genius BS skills, King George VI awarded him an MBE!

I have to see this movie!

2. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

Leonard Part 1
    Leonard Part 2
    Leonard Part 3
    Leonard Part 4
    Leonard Part 5

fr in sc, zebop, intv7 and 3 others like this.
  3. JozefK

JozefK Forum Resident

Great casting! If the Vietnamese suspect doesn't talk, Marky can just beat the crap out of him

4. JozefK

JozefK Forum Resident

As close as we may ever get:

5. aussievinyl

aussievinyl Appreciator Of Creative Expression

A STAR IS BORN, remade with Elvis and Linda Carter. He was approached to do it with Barbra, but the Colonel screwed it up. Anyway, I wish he'd worked with more good actors and had the chance to get better.

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  6. JozefK

JozefK Forum Resident

Some of the movies Elvis supposedly turned down:

The Defiant Ones
    West Side Story
    Your Cheatin' Heart
    In Cold Blood
    Midnight Cowboy

7. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

Why Not?!? :confused:

drasil and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  8. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

1. Erec And Enide, by Chretien de Troyes.

Erec is a knight and Enide is his wife. She becomes distraught that he is neglecting his knightly duties because he's so besotted with her, so he takes her on a quest. On the way he defeats several enemies but at last is overcome after defeating a giant. A Count comes upon the weeping Enide and the seemingly dead Erec and takes them both, hoping to force Enide to marry him after he buries Erec. Erec regains consciousness while laid out on a slab to hear the screams of Enide as the Count tries to force her sexually. He thunders from the crypt through the castle, killing all who resist, and most of the Count's guards run from the castle in terror, yelling. "Here comes the corpse!" Erec ultimately bisects the Count and regains his lady love.

There's much more to the story but I think that'd make a fine climactic scene.

2. The Battle of Mortimer's Cross - Edward, Earl of March faces Jasper and Owen Tudor on a cold winter's morning in 1461. When the day breaks, three suns arise due to an atmospheric phenomenon known as the Parhelion. Edward's men are terrified by the seemingly supernatural ocurrence. Quick-thinking Edward assures them that this is a sign from the Holy Trinity that God will give them victory. Inspired, they prevail and Edward becomes Edward IV of England.

3. The life of Owen Tudor, grandfather of Henry VII and root of the Tudor dynasty would make an entertaining movie all on its own. He catches the widowed Catherine of Valois in his lap at a party and spends much of the rest of their marriage on the run for having married so very far above his station. I've heard it said (perhaps somewhat fancifully) that Owen and Catherine could not actually understand each other's language, him being Welsh and she being French, but that they often annoyed people with their loud lovemaking. After Catherine's death, he presented a startled Henry VI with three half-siblings, of whose existence he was unaware.

9. Monosterio

Monosterio Forum Resident

Speaking just for myself, I'm concerned about the horses:

10. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

A reality based story about Mata Hari that doesn't take sides, obsess over her looks and sexuality, and doesn't dwell on the execution.
    The wife used to say that Cher could have had another Oscar if someone had cast her as Mata Hari cause she already had the look down.
    There's two sides to this story.

fr in sc likes this.
  11. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

I'd like a quality production of Arthur Clarke's Childhood's End. The steaming pile that SyFry Network produced is...... crap!

Chris DeVoe and Bender Rodriguez like this.
  12. Lightworker

Lightworker Forum Resident

A good film adaptation of John Kennedy Toole's A Confederacy Of Dunces
    filmed on location in pre-Katrina 1980s New Orleans.

Bender Rodriguez likes this.
  13. Lightworker

Lightworker Forum Resident

A late-1990s biopic about The Thirteenth Floor Elevators, with Adrian Grenier
    (pre-Entourage) as Roky Erickson, Johnny Depp as Stacy Sutherland, Eric
    Stoltz as Tommy Hall and Norman Fell as Lelan Rogers. And using all the real
    music throughout.

14. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident Thread Starter

Because I have a different idea for a movie with them in mind.

Lightworker likes this.
  15. Juan Matus

Juan Matus Reformed Audiophile

16. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

They can make more than just one movie.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  17. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident Thread Starter

You're right. Why didn't I think of that?

18. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

"Notes From Underground" with Steve Buscemi in the title role.

19. Zombeels

Zombeels Forum Resident

A dinosaur movie where everyone gets eaten.

Yovra, RK2249 and Bender Rodriguez like this.
  20. Jimi Bat

Jimi Bat Forum Resident

Jesus, Hitler and The Marx Brothers vs Elvis, Santo and Daffy Duck.
    Just think of the jokes Groucho could make.

21. A dramedy about the rise and fall of Guided By Voices in the mid-'90s

A romcom featuring David Schwimmer as a pimp with a heart of gold

22. Scott222C

Scott222C Loner, Rebel & Family Man

At least there is a song .......

23. Scott222C

Scott222C Loner, Rebel & Family Man

Give me a TV Series/Movie trilogy

[​IMG]

24. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

A musical based on John Lennon and Brian Epstein's holiday in Barcelona

25. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

Blazing Saddles starring Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.