Movies that you wish would exist

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MikaelaArsenault, Jan 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lightworker

Lightworker Forum Resident

Paging Parker and Stone...Parker and Stone...

2. Lightworker

Lightworker Forum Resident

Kinda like The Hours & Times with more music?

[​IMG]

Mylene likes this.
  3. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

You're gonna need a "sheet load of dimes" to produce that show.... ;)

4. Rachael Bee

It could be called Sapiens Sandwich perhaps....? ;)

5. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

Forrest Gump II: The revenge of Lieutenant Dan

6. Charles Buxton

Charles Buxton Forum Resident

Andromeda : The Movie. Not the infection-from-space thing, but big screen continuation of the Gene Rodenberry-Kevin Sorbo sci-fi thing, that nobody but me liked.

7. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

When I first saw the trailer for Arrival, I thought they had finally made one. We also need the Rendezvous With Rama that Morgan Freeman has been wanting to make for more than a decade.

Bender Rodriguez likes this.
  8. Rachael Bee

I'd like ....Rama! I read the book.

9. Chris DeVoe

For a long time, the classics of science-fiction exceeded the capabilities of special effects - truly alien characters, as opposed to humans with stuff glued to their faces (I kid, Star Trek! You know I love you!) Now we can. Ringworld with a realistic Puppeteer, The Mote In God's Eye with believable Moties, maybe even a version of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy that isn't completely stupid and unfunny!

10. Rachael Bee

SyFry's rape of Childhood End is frustrating. CGI makes anything possible but they limited the visitors to a few brief, dark scenes with glued on masks and wings...:mad: SyFry is such a useless network. They ruin most everything they touch.

11. Chris DeVoe

I know a lot of people were disappointed with The Hobbit, but I think Peter Jackson could do a wonderful job on any of the huge SF classics, like the Foundation books.

Charles Buxton likes this.
  12. Chris DeVoe

I haven't bothered to watch anything the Sigh-Fie Network has produced, fearing my memory would be contaminated.

13. Michissippistani guy

Michissippistani guy New Member

I've always thought Jim Hougan's non-fiction book Spooks, about the private use of secret intelligence agents, would make a great musical,
    film or stage. There's a hilarious section on FBI monitoring of a mob meeting in a hotel. 'Hey, hear that? Ain't that our meeting coming outta that room?'

14. Rachael Bee

The only show I watched on it last year was the two part Childhood's End. I'm with you on the memory contamination!

15. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

The Adam Sandler Movie

Two guys meet in a bar, one introduces himself as Adam Sandler and explains he was once a major movie star. No one in the bar has ever heard of him so the first guy decides to work out who Adam Sandler was and why his name has been completely erased from history.

16. Rachael Bee

That sort of thing happened to Woody Allen in Sleeper.... :laugh:

MikaelaArsenault and Mylene like this.
  17. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

The Night is Just My Closing Eye

A really old guy is in hospital dying. He's been on life support for months and he just wants to die. Somehow he works out the the whole world is only his imagination and if he dies the world goes with him and the people trying desperately to keep him alive are doing it for their own survival.

Claus LH, Solaris and zebop like this.
  18. Jamey K

Jamey K Internet Sensation

[​IMG]

The Bobby Fuller Story

andy749 and Dudley Morris like this.
  19. FLEMKE

FLEMKE Senior Member

"The son of Lebowski".

20. halfjapanese

halfjapanese Gifs moider!

The Bowery Boyz In The Hood
    Tales From The Crick
    1,001 Canadian Nights

21. The Hermit

The Hermit Wavin' that magick glowstick since 1976

If MGM had been able to get their act together, we would have had one... with Guillermo del Toro directing... shot on film and not the horrible HFR digital 3-D, would have been two films only, would have had more actual physical sets/locations/creature animatronics over CGI, etc... one of recent cinema's greatest 'what if's. Would it have been better than Peter Jackson's version? It would have been different, for sure, and that's what The Hobbit needed to be... to exist in and stand on it's on two feet with it's own identity and character, like the book itself compared to it's literary sequel.

Kubrick's Napoleon, George Miller's Justice League, and Paul Verhoeven's Crusades are three more that immediately spring to mind.

IronWaffle likes this.
  22. Zombeels

Zombeels Forum Resident

I would like to see a remake of Lord of the Flies but with girls stranded on the island instead of boys.

23. P(orF)

P(orF) Forum Resident

Rosemary's Baby's Brother
    The Post-Graduate
    Morning Cowboy - Return of Joe Buck
    The Godmother

24. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

Rosemary's Toddler would have been good, too

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  25. musichero

musichero New Member