Mozart 225: The New Complete Edition contains 200 CDs

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by masswriter, Sep 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. giantleech

giantleech Lord of all fevers and plagues

Great! Prolly order this via the interwebs when I gets home. :thumbsup:

2. tone ded freb

tone ded freb Senior Member

It's right under the price where it has the little image and to the right states "Musica Classica 3x2". You buy 3 for the price of 2 with the promo they're running. The cost of the third is subtracted from your total on checkout.

3. giantleech

Ah, so... I'll check that out again. (By the way, is there any way to tell which language version of the included books that are in the box that Amazon.Italy is selling?)

4. NickCarraway

NickCarraway Forum Resident

The Amazon product ID for the English version is B01FW8XWSG. Here is the direct link to the English version on Amazon Italy:

Mozart 225: The New Complete Edition : W.A. Mozart: Amazon.it: Musica

You will want to copy and paste the link into your browser (right-click on it and choose Copy Shortcut), as clicking directly on it may redirect you to the US Amazon site.

The Amazon product ID of the German version is B01I4AEVX4.
    The French version is B01GR16LO4.

Max Florian and bluemooze like this.
  5. giantleech

Gracias!

6. giantleech

So I actually went for this amazingly boffo deal (three copies for the price of two!) from Amazon.it and my copies arrived safe and quickly in their original manufacturer shipping containers.

What a beautiful and amazing set. I'm presently listening to disc #6 as I compose (compose... get it?) this post. I plan on listening to all of these discs in sequence the first time around. If I listen to two discs a night it will take me one hundred days to complete my first complete listen, but I will probably wind up listening to at least four to six discs on some days.

Zeki and dajokr like this.
  7. dajokr

dajokr Classical "Mega" Box Set Collector

Awesome! Glad you got one. It is really a once in a generation set.

8. tone ded freb

Sweet! That was an amazing deal. The copy I ordered 5 weeks ago from Amazon Germany still isn't here yet but is on the way now. If you can sit on the two extra copies for a little while, like a year or two, I think there's a good chance you could sell them for enough that your keeper set would be free or better. :righton:

9. tone ded freb

My set from the Amazon Germany deal finally arrived today. It only took 7 weeks. :sigh: But it was the lowest price since I started paying attention, at $212 shipped for the English version. I think Amazon UK had a lower price last November. I had the mini heart attack when I saw the damaged condition of the shipping box. But thankfully with the double boxing and foam inserts, the actual set was in perfect shape deep within. :)

sassi and Zeki like this.
  10. sassi

sassi Forum Resident

It has taken some time but I finally got half the box ripped to my digital music collection. :)

[​IMG]

Looking nice. I have to find the time to do the other half soon. :laugh:

Galley, masswriter, EVOLVIST and 2 others like this.
  11. tone ded freb

Looks great! Did you scan the covers or are they available to download somewhere?

12. sassi

sassi Forum Resident

Thanks! I scanned them, front and back. Roughly 3000x3000 pixels. I do that with all my CDs, SACDs,DVD-As and Blu-Ray Audio albums etc. :)

13. chryses

chryses New Member

Congrats! I ordered mine from Amazon Germany a couple of days after you did and mine still hasn't shipped yet. Starting to think that it never will.

14. dajokr

dajokr Classical "Mega" Box Set Collector

They are available in the .pdf you can download. Use the 'take a snapshot' feature of Adobe Reader and save as an image file. Much quicker than scanning.

Galley likes this.
  15. tone ded freb

Great to know! :righton:

16. tone ded freb

It still could. The only Amazon site I've know to allow orders for something it will never get in stock is Amazon UK. My experience has been that every other Amazon site has always come through. But I'm testing this right now myself with orders from Amazon UK for the first Vivarte box, Amazon US for the Haydn: The Symphonies box, and Amazon Italy for the L'Oiseau-Lyre Baroque Era box. I suspect the Amazon UK order will fail, that the Amazon US order will come through, and that the Amazon Italy order will fail.

I think the Mozart set is probably fillable, it's new enough that there should be still be copies with some distributor Amazon has access to. If it really is out of print this fast, I wonder if that's a record for a Classical box set with a 15,000 print run? And did anyone ever find out whether that's 15,000 for all four languages available or for each language?

If you want a plan B, you could pick up the Mozart 225 set, together with some other qualifying box set you want, in the current Amazon Italy 20% off 2 sale that runs through April 30. It's more expensive than the lowest price at Amazon Germany but is probably the lowest current price and it says that it's in stock for shipping.

17. francis-john

francis-john New Member

hello guys i have a beautiful beethoven complete edition. there very rare these days. the prices go up to 10 000, i have one bought in a locker. if someone is interested for the right price

18. chryses

chryses New Member

You were right - just got a shipping notice. Ordered March 8, shipped May 13, and they're saying it will be delivered in two weeks.

19. tone ded freb

Nice! :righton:

20. I got this today for my 44th birthday.

Haven't listened to a note yet, but it's an amazing set to look at.

I guess the consensus is that this pretty much kills the old Phillips set?

ggjjr and Mr. H like this.
  21. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

It will kill you too if you accidentally drop it on yourself trying to get it from a high shelf.

MrSka57, Galley, Bigbudukks and 2 others like this.
  22. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day and your amazing new box.

EVOLVIST likes this.
  23. masswriter

masswriter Minister At Large Thread Starter

I wish I had the time to do that!

sassi likes this.
  24. I'm going to do that. Really, ripping a CD into Flac with xRecode II (it should be bit-perfect) takes about 8 minutes per disc. So, let's say it's a 30 hour task for all 200 discs, with CD pics and all. That's not too bad. Finding the time, though...Yeah, I feel ya. I wonder how many GB the whole set is.

And I'm using Roon. I guess I'll see when I get home today if the Roon DB will identify the disc for me, with pics, metadata, etc.

25. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

My Dad officially finished listening to the whole box last month; I had given it to him for Xmas and he listened to each disc and some many times. . . . He loves it, says it's the best gift he ever had, makes me feel really good.

(He certainly didn't do any ripping and tagging!);)

I'm hoping near 2020 they'll do a 250 anniversary Beethoven set along these lines and my Dad is still around so that I can give it to him! Beethoven is the tops for my Dad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.