Mozart 225: The New Complete Edition contains 200 CDs

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by masswriter, Sep 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

The price on Amazon UK has gone back up. No more sale price

2. masswriter

masswriter Minister At Large Thread Starter

i think they just made a costly mistake, lol. Somebody probably lost their job . .

Cousin It likes this.
  3. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

No, they have often done "flash sales" (my word) on box sets. I have scored a few, a friend has managed to snag many.

4. NickCarraway

NickCarraway Forum Resident

Thanks for the tip - now back to £334 with NO shipping to the US. Guess we now all wait for the "Your order has shipped" email and hope we don't get the "There is a problem with your order" one.

mpayan likes this.
  5. Thanks, Amazon! :realmad: That's really sickening for those of us who have just paid £294 from Amazon on the pre-order. Over £120 discount in less than a day from release date? What gives?

Ben in Colorado likes this.
  6. alankin1

alankin1 Forum Resident

You could try emailing them the particulars. Sometimes they have given rebates.

SteveM likes this.
  7. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

I received my "Your Order has shipped" notice from AmazonUK at the sale price

8. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

Understood, but your enjoyment of the music will make you better.

9. I have just complained to them via email. As someone who has spent thousands of pounds with them over the past few years we'll see if my consternation and dissatisfaction has any effect!

10. McCrutchy

McCrutchy Forum Resident

That's because it's not from Amazon themselves, but a third party seller. With the reduced price, Amazon probably sold out for now, and, I assume, are waiting for more stock from Decca. Copies are still available on Amazon.de.

But yeah, something strange may have happened at Amazon.co.uk, because, though I only paid for standard shipping, my copy shipped via UPS, and will be here tomorrow. That's only happened to me once or twice before, when items were delayed in shipping out, so I can only assume that either there were two consecutive mistakes, or the box was never supposed to be that cheap, and express shipping was part of the deal when the price was correct, given the nature of the set.

One other oddity was that, when the set was in stock, Amazon still had notes about financing options ("Pay Monthly available over £399.99") on the product listing, too. Perhaps they just forgot to remove them, but perhaps the price simply wasn't meant to drop so low on this item, at least, not yet.

11. I don't suppose anyone has a screen-shot of the Amazon.co.uk price drop offer?

12. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

As much as I hate postings about shipping, Ill add this:

Wrote them. Havent received an email back from customer service; but did receive this email:

Hello,

We are pleased to report that the following item will dispatch sooner than expected:

Various Artists "Mozart 225: The New Complete Edition [English Language Version]"

Previous estimated arrival date: November 30 2016
    New estimated arrival date: November 23 2016 - November 25 2016

For more details, please visit the Your Account section of our web site :

(edited out)

You have not yet been charged for this item. We do not debit money from your payment card until just before your items are dispatched. We will send you a dispatch confirmation email on the date of dispatch.

Amazon.co.uk
    http://www.amazon.co.uk
    Please note: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that can't accept incoming e-mail.

We will see. Hopefully they will respond to my email.

13. masswriter

it isn't dropped any longer.

14. Yes, I appreciate this and that is why I need a screen shot showing the reduced offer as Amazon.co.uk has replied to me but so far refused to accept that it ever lowered the price to that point.

15. masswriter

oh I get it ... sorry. I wish I had it.

highway likes this.
  16. MichaelCPE

MichaelCPE Forum Resident

SteveM likes this.
  17. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

SteveM likes this.
  18. masswriter

so ... will this apply to third party sales?

19. MichaelCPE

MichaelCPE Forum Resident

A third party is under no obligation to match price drops by other sellers.

And Amazon isn't obliged to give you a refund if they drop their price after they ship a product to you. But Amazon have been known to give refunds when this happens, so it doesn't hurt to ask.

20. masswriter

ok, will see what I can pull off, though at $300+ I still think it's a bargain.

21. Just received this response from Amazon:

Hello Steve,

My name is Caitlin, thank you for contacting Amazon today.

I'm sorry to hear that the price of your item ordered has dropped since the date you ordered it.

Our prices may increase or decrease based on a number of factors and unfortunately, we can’t offer you a refund for the difference between the price in your order and the lower price you saw mentioned on a third party website.

Please see our Help pages for additional information about returns and refunds:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=502480

If you wish you can return the item for a full refund.

If you wish to do this please visit our Returns Support Centre to be guided through our full policy and to obtain a printable personalised return label:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/returns-support

Thank you for your understanding. Have a lovely day.

Well, clearly being a loyal Amazon customer and spending multiple thousands of GBP's on goods from the website over the past few years alone doesn't help here. I think I will be a little more choosy about retailers in future. Amazon will get less business from me now.

22. masswriter

sorry ...

23. mesfen

mesfen Senior Member

WOW can't believe it; got it at the incredible momentary price drop over the weekend; really expected the order to be cancelled any moment, but, lo and behold, it shipped with 2 day delivery from England! I think I'll play the lottery tomorrow

masswriter likes this.
  24. alankin1

alankin1 Forum Resident

Due tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.