MP3 Titles screwy from windows Media Player :(

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by John B Good, Aug 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame Thread Starter

Who at Microsoft is responsible for all the seriously disorganized/totally erroneous song and performer names that I get on MP3s when I use Windows Media Player to make them for a car that doesn’t have a cd player?

In some cases, I wanted to cut them some slack, as when a South American Prog Rock comp didn’t get all the names on MP3s correctly, but when a Rhino Box set (The Everly Brothers Heartaches and Harmonies Box) has almost half the titles wrong, and my Beatles Mono disks are ‘unknown artist’ properly, I want to scream.

Today I find that my Cameo-Parkway 4 disk set from Abko 2005 gets 80% of the song titles misaligned :(

2. John B Good

3. wolfram

wolfram Slave to the rhythm

This might better fit in the Hardware Corner, where it wouldn't sink as fast.

Not sure if I can help you, since I don't use the Windows Media Player, but it sounds as if your files aren't tagged properly (or at least not with tags working with the WMP). Are these files you ripped yourself or downloads you bought?

Edit: Oh, I see, you use the WMP to rip MP3s of your CDs, right?

4. edbert

edbert Forum Resident

after you select Rip CD and before you click on the Start Rip button, or whatever it's called, you are shown a table with the the calculated tags as columns, you need to edit those values in the table to what you want before you start the rip. If I remember correctly you move the cursor to the value and right-click and select Edit, something like that

5. John B Good

Most times the title and performer shown by WMP matches the cd tracklist, but the ones that are off, wow. they are way off!

My guess is that the mistake comes from WMP, ie, Microsoft.

I have edited these goofs before, but as soon as the thumb drive plays in the car, the mistaken tags take over and the car display shows them, not my corrected tags :(

6. MEMPHISSUN

MEMPHISSUN Forum Resident

I moved to dbpoweramp to rip the cd.

Then use Burnaware to put said files on to cd-r/usb.

The size of company Microsoft are,you would think by now they could get a better set up than WMP.

7. John B Good

I guess their size is part of the problem. But I seem to be the only one here with the issue...

Anyway, I have had dbpoweramp recommended before. I take it people think it has a different and better data base for tagging songs.

Would it also by any chance allow me to alter the volumes at which some tracks in a compilation play?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.