MP3 VS. The Krell 20i

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Tullman, Feb 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member Thread Starter

Last night I was unwinding and listening to some music on the he-man rig, when a knock came on my door. It was my 18 year old daughter and her two friends. Melissa, my daughter, said, can you compare Nick's MP3 recording of Santana's Shaman to the cd? Nick says there is no difference. I told Nick that his MP3 will not sound as good and you guys are wasting my time. Nick was not convinced. So, I climbed behind the rack and plugged the MP3 player into the he-man rig. Nick pushes play and out comes the music, sounds nice. Then, I hit the switch and the big Krell kicks in. Now, the recording has bass, tone, life... Melissa and her friend Audrey are laughing. :laugh: Nick looks embarrassed and turns the MP3 off before I can switch it back. Nick says that he will have to keep his cds because they do sound better.

I really enjoy educating these young people. In the long run it could help in our quest for the absolute sound. :agree:

2. macready

macready New Member

Thank you for educating them. Good man. :righton:

3. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

One of those scenarios you wish there were more of....

John K.

4. tony2v

tony2v Forum Resident

My 17 year son likes CDs vs. MP3, then again he's got my excess gear. I gave him my Grado SR-60 headphones and his friends thought they were OLD, until they put them on!

5. daveman

daveman Forum All Star

Great story! :laugh:

Looks like you've taught your daughter a thing or two if she even thought to drag him in to compare it to daddy's system. :D

6. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member Thread Starter

My daughter knew the MP3 would suck. I raised her right. She was trying to prove a point to her friends.

7. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Funny! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.