MQA bails on Rocky Mountain Audio Fest*

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by ls35a, Oct 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brother_Rael

Brother_Rael Senior Member

As with all things, the devil is in the detail.

2. Night Version

Night Version Forum Resident

Absolutely wrong.

3. slovell

slovell Retired Mudshark

MQA is another hustle/scam to get you to buy more gear and replace your catalog again.

Contact Lost, art and Helom like this.
  4. Carl Swanson

Carl Swanson Senior Member

If you need high priced gear to hear the magic, maybe the magic's coming from . . . (you complete the sentence.)

rxcory likes this.
  5. Carl Swanson

That is not snake oil.

6. Carl Swanson

Which is it?

7. dosjam

dosjam Forum Resident

I listened to both samples - they are very close to my ears. I was able to identify the true 24/88 from the upsample in a DBT but it
    was not easy. The guitars have a little more "snap" to them in the 24/88, but overall there really isn't that much of a difference. Also the vocals
    felt a little more real, more passionate, more believable on the 24/88, totally subjective of course. I'm surprised no one else commented on
    the samples (sarcasm - most people would rather argue and prove their superior knowledge, not just this thread).

Thanks for the samples testikoff.

8. Litejazz53

Litejazz53 Perfect Sound Through Crystal Clear Digital

And you are so right! :edthumbs:

9. McLover

McLover Senior Member

Not this whole thread, this photo sums up MQA very well. And quite accurately. Lossy, DRM'ed compressed turd to be exact. Does nothing useful that the open source, non DRM hobbled FLAC does demonstrably superior which is lossless. MQA is not Master quality, nor is it truly HiRes. The only thing Assured with it is every time it is used MQA, Ltd gets $$$$$$. See yellow button from Klipsch detailing the output of the Bovine.

patient_ot, art and ishmael like this.
  10. testikoff

testikoff Seasoned n00b

Where is the successful (i.e. 9+ correct answers out of 10 attempts, or better) ABX test report then?.. ;)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  11. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

Thank you for posting this picture, I'll get quite a bit of use out of it at meetings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.